Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    What did you think of Dark Detective? I loved the artwork.
    I thought dark detective was the best book in all of future state. Now I think detective comics has been the best since the soft reboot. Dark detective was fantsstic. When I first read of the whole magistrate stuff I rolled my eyes. Dark detective was dope though. The Ridley stuff has been meh.

BANNED

The most enjoyable Batbooks for me have been

1) Batman: The Detective
    2) Legends of the Dark Knight (digital).
    3) Batman: Urban Legends

Those 3 alone show you Batman's fears (fear of loss, fear of failure in his mission of saving others), his high regards for human life (when there is a choice between saving a human and letting a human die, Batman will choose to save that human being) and his response to an act of killing (for non self defense purpose) (if you kill a horrible human being not for self defense purpose, Batman will come for you because he sees you being like the criminal that murdered his parents). Why does Batman have the fear of failure in mission? Because it cuts his heart a little whenever he sees others have to suffer like he does.

The worst book is the next Batman. An irresponsible coward who had little regards for human life and had the fear of getting caught for his killing. Whats worse is that he went along with his father who used racial tension to cover up the hit and run commited by Tim.

Criminals are cowardly lot. They commit crimes but have the fear of getting caught for committing such crimes and therefore cover up their crimes.

I've heard good reviews about Batman: Black & White latest issue (number 5). I havent got to read it because the previous issues were meh. I will check it out when im in the mood to read Batfam characters.

The mainline books i dont think are worth picking up until the Magistrate stuff is over. But if you want to support Huntress, you can check out Tec.

HQ books, uhhh. I just dont like the heroic Harley. DC is just greedy, making their popular villains into anti heroes arent enough. Now they have make their most profitable anti hero into a heroic protagonist so that they can write her into other books. The character has deviated too far from what she was supposed to be. Dont get me wrong the books can still be enjoyable enough but i just dont support what they are trying to push the character to become.

Catwoman is a book that should have been relaunched. The appearances of Batman's rogues dont seem to indicate that the books are selling well. But to be honest, i have never been invested in Catwoman as a character more than the 2 other GCS. I never find her being a leader of a group or protector of some neighbourhood to be compelling.

Nightwing is such an overpraised book. One issue with a little dog, another issue with little children. However im interested in seeing the new villain Heartless.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-01-2021 at 03:17 AM.

BANNED

Batman 1989 fan game
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-06-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Amazing Member

This looks super impressive especially the level of detail.

But it makes me realize yet again that while Burtons Gotham is my absolute favorite live action Gotham...its way too dark.
    Burtons Gotham has a lot character, its the only one i can tell apart from the rest of the live action Gothams...well i could probably tell which one is Snyders considering how fake it looked...but still.

However, i prefer something more Arkham City like, with the unique building structure, the neon lights and all that.

Anway...for a Fan Game this is outstanding.
    Makes you wanna play a full version of this.

Its why im so upset WB doesnt do much much more with the Arkham Knight game foundation.
    So much cool things possible yet it sits somewhere unused(Gotham Knight doesnt look much like the foundation of AK is used).

BANNED

0:00 Intro
    4:47 Suicide Squad
    17:09 Crime Syndicate
    29:26 Swamp Thing
    39:25 Green Lantern
    56:06 Batman
    1:09:31 Batman Fortnite
    1:20:36 Conclusion
    Miracle Molly seems to be more well fleshed out than Tynion's other OCs. I guess there is not much else for anyone to buy this week so the best choice is the mainline Batman book. Its a B Plot with Unsanity Collective. Not a really good week, not a meh week, just an ok one.

I take my comment back. Man-bat is actually enjoyable (at least for me). Best book of the week is not Batman but Man-bat.

My 10 points scale for judging comics:

1: worthless (there is nothing worth reading or even not much content to be read)
    2: unreadable (there is something plot relevant enough to be read but a chore to get through the story)
    3: bad (there are too many apparent flaws in the writing but the writing at least advances the plot)
    4: boring (there are not many apparent flaws in the writing but the plot moves at a slow pace and/or is still safe, predictable, filled with cliches)
    5: mixed (there are good moments mixed with bad ones in the story)
    6: meh (the writing is not bad but also does not make you feel invested in anything much)
    7: ok (the writing delivers some interesting things but they are not really relevant to the plot)
    8: enjoyable (the writing is good and makes you want to read more of it)
    9: memorable (the writing is powerful enough to make you love the story and even share it or talk about it with other people)
    10: perfect (there is almost no flaw in the writing)

From my ratings, its hard for most comics to get a 1 or 2 but you also have to be really good to get a 9 or 10 from me.

Tynion has like 3 issues left to complete his "Cowardly Lot" arc. The conclusion is gonna be rushed. Batman will beat up Scarecrow in issue 111.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-06-2021 at 03:30 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post

Miracle Molly seems to be more well fleshed out than Tynion's other OCs. I guess there is not much else for anyone to buy this week so the best choice is the mainline Batman book. Not a really good week, not a meh week, just an ok one.
    Interesting because so far i liked all his OCs but alone from the design, Miracle Molly gives me nothing.
    So im looking forward seeing what the character is about.

To me it looks like a good week since i enjoy Crime Syndicate, Suicide Squad and Swamp Thing currently...but its not a beefy week.

At what age should Bruce Wayne start his training? It would make more sense if he started early since that's how most career martial artists start as they develop their physical attributes. Also it would allow Batman to put on the cowl faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    At what age should Bruce Wayne start his training? It would make more sense if he started early since that's how most career martial artists start as they develop their physical attributes. Also it would allow Batman to put on the cowl faster.
    I think it depends on whether you assume Bruce went to college or went to training immediately after finishing high school.

So either 18 or in his 20's...unless he finishes college early. And then he's probably Batman when he's around 24-25.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    He can start as early as age 8 after his parents died since there's a lot of kids started learning martial arts really young. It's the world travel that needs to wait since he has to at least be able to run away from Alfred, defend himself from adult dangers and knows how international travel work first

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He can start as early as age 8 after his parents died since there's a lot of kids started learning martial arts really young. It's the world travel that needs to wait since he has to at least be able to run away from Alfred, defend himself from adult dangers and knows how international travel work first
    Yeah, I mean, usually the whole "swearing to wage war on all criminals" happens when he's pretty young, so he probably gets started early (as much as a kid can do at that age).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong but the more I read into the early Batman adventures like Legends of The Dark Knight the more I feel it doesn't matter because it looks like an unnecessarily detailed beginning that's going to be or already retroactively changed anyway because the early Batman adventures is the period that authors like to contribute be it in comics or movies so it's not something you can or should formulate into a timeline or definitive portrayal.

Unlike Batman Year One that's considered sacred, the period after Batman Year One up until Dick Grayson... no... even after Dick Grayson, until Jason Todd or Tim Drake, it's always gonna change.