Page 57 of 162 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

RIP David Hedison star of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and the Bond films Live and Let Die and License to Kill as Felix Leiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    RIP David Hedison star of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and the Bond films Live and Let Die and License to Kill as Felix Leiter.
    Here's a link to one of the obit pieces.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Rutger Hauer has passed away at age 75.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A chilling reminder of my own mortality. I saw him once at the Vancouver International Film Festival back in the late 1980s or early 1990s and I was shocked to be standing so close to this giant of a man. Hard to believe any time has passed since then.

Damn that hurts loved him.

While any death in this thread should be mourned, Rutger Hauer's passing hits particularly hard. Man.

For all his incredible work, his lowkey appearance in Batman Begins was a nice and pleasant surprise. Heck, anytime he popped up in any movie like The Sisters Brothers was a treat.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i first saw rutger hauer in "blind fury". still one of my favorite movies of all time and one of my favorite actors of all time.

Oh, man! We lost an icon! He was already a big deal over here before he even went to Hollywood. One of the great Dutch actors of the late 20th century.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Retired

It's interesting to see which movie Rutger Hauer is identified with, depending on the source. For his Dutch compatriots, I think they would want him identified with SOLDIER OF ORANGE (1977)--or SOLDAAT VAN ORANGE. That was his break out role and the movie that put him and his director, Paul Verhoeven, on the map internationally. That's the first movie I saw him in.

His contribution to "Blade Runner" goes without saying, but I also loved him in "Ladyhawke" where he got to be the hero and get the girl, "Flesh & Bone" where he played a rogue, "Blind Fury" as the blind swordsmaster which was actually a great comedic performance and "The Hitcher" where he was his own unique kind of sadistic psycho. It was always a pleasure to see him pop up in current films as well. R.I.P.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-25-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    His contribution to "Blade Runner" goes without saying, but I also loved him in "Ladyhawke" where he got to be the hero and get the girl, "Flesh & Bone" where he played a rogue, "Blind Fury" as the blind swordsmaster which was actually a great comedic performance and "The Hitcher" where he was his own unique kind of sadistic psycho. It was always a pleasure to see him pop up in current films as well. R.I.P.
    I even liked him as a guy who deserved to die in Sin City.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Rip Russi Taylor voice of Minnie mouse and nephews from 80s ducktales, baby gonzo in 80s muppet babies and martin from simpsons.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com...or-dies-at-75/

She was also the voice of the 80s strawberry shortcake, teenage pebbles in flintstones comedy hour, Melissa in pound puppies, Queen Rosedustin in 80s my little pony and baby pac in the 80s pac-man cartoon among others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russi_Taylor

Wrestling legend Harley race has passed away

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-hall...?sf216835605=1

Stu Rosen (Fraggle Rock) has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.