Page 231 of 775 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 11619
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    One thing I would love to see with the MCU directors/actors/crew is to admit that they still read comics. It seems like every MCU interview I watch they all say the same thing "well, I read comics as a kid and loved the character". Key words "as a kid". Or they always reference that they're fans of the classic triumvirate of Lee/Kirby/Ditko. There are other artists/writers. No shame in adults reading comics. There's plenty that do.
    Especially since the upcoming MCU is adapting a lot of recent post-2000 comics. Plus, saying "I was fan of older comics" is ironic considering they were more childish in some ways back then

Hey remember when Kevin tried to say you didn't HAVE to watch the Disney plus shows lol?

Now What If is considered "important"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hey remember when Kevin tried to say you didn't HAVE to watch the Disney plus shows lol?

I'm not sure what the deal is here, although I do like how "What If" will connect to the main MCU in some way

I felt like that was always going to end up being untrue given the fact that plot relevant stuff is actually happening in these shows and they're introducing concepts/characters that are showing up in the movies.

Like, there are probably going to be people seeing MoM who haven't seen WandaVision so how much are they accounting for that? Ditto Loki's show.

And how much in isolation will Kang be within Quantumania taking into account what we know about him in Loki's show? Or in general?

It's like how at some point you need to watch every Marvel Movie to keep following the story of films.

Err, looking at the box office, how many people watched Ant-Man/Ant-Man and the Wasp, compared to how many people watched Endgame? And yet, Scott lang with Pym particles is the whole reason they can go back to the past and get the Infinity Stones and undo the snap and... Basically the whole plot of the biggest movie depends on the Ant-Man franchise. That a lot of casuals who went to see Endgame didn't watch. And yet it seems like that ended up just fine. I don't know how the people who didn't watch Ant-Man felt, but I have never seen anyone complaining.

It's the same for the Disney+ shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err, looking at the box office, how many people watched Ant-Man/Ant-Man and the Wasp, compared to how many people watched Endgame? And yet, Scott lang with Pym particles is the whole reason they can go back to the past and get the Infinity Stones and undo the snap and... Basically the whole plot of the biggest movie depends on the Ant-Man franchise. That a lot of casuals who went to see Endgame didn't watch. And yet it seems like that ended up just fine. I don't know how the people who didn't watch Ant-Man felt, but I have never seen anyone complaining.

It's the same for the Disney+ shows.
    I guess the system works.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I felt like that was always going to end up being untrue given the fact that plot relevant stuff is actually happening in these shows and they're introducing concepts/characters that are showing up in the movies.

Like, there are probably going to be people seeing MoM who haven't seen WandaVision so how much are they accounting for that? Ditto Loki's show.

And how much in isolation will Kang be within Quantumania taking into account what we know about him in Loki's show? Or in general?

It's like how at some point you need to watch every Marvel Movie to keep following the story of films.
    I feel like they'll just handle it like the comics do: give a brief summary of the (relevant) events and move right along. Than proceed to plug said show afterwards so whoever's interested can check it out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not sure what the deal is here, although I do like how "What If" will connect to the main MCU in some way
    It is mostly just funny because he dared to even say it with a straight face lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

What If...?'s Captain Carter Story Unfolds Over Multiple Seasons
    https://www.cbr.com/what-if-captain-...-every-season/

I think this show will be as popular as the live action shows.
    I think Shang-Chi will do worse than Black Widow.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...-more-to-come/

Which Marvel properties would you like adapted into the MCU as animated shows?

I would say the Power Pack would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-marv...-more-to-come/

Which Marvel properties would you like adapted into the MCU as animated shows?

I would say the Power Pack would be a good fit.
    This is exactly what I was afraid of starting from What If.

Now it seems like every major Marvel cartoon has to be set or geared around the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    What If...?'s Captain Carter Story Unfolds Over Multiple Seasons
    https://www.cbr.com/what-if-captain-...-every-season/

I think this show will be as popular as the live action shows.
    I think Shang-Chi will do worse than Black Widow.
    Why would Shang-Chi do worse?

Now it seems like every major Marvel cartoon has to be set or geared around the MCU.
    I have mixed feelings about that. Because, on the one hand, not every character has been well portrayed in the MCU, and attaching every storyline to that might be a disservice to some characters. On the other hand, if it's not connected to the MCU, I worry it might be just another kids' cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I have mixed feelings about that. Because, on the one hand, not every character has been well portrayed in the MCU, and attaching every storyline to that might be a disservice to some characters. On the other hand, if it's not connected to the MCU, I worry it might be just another kids' cartoon
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being a kid show. There are a lot of high quality kid shows.

Admittedly Marvel hasn't had the best track record on that front in the past few years.

I’d feel that way if Marvel’s current cartoons didn’t feel like low-budget MCU promotional materials anyway.

Niffleheim

It is mostly just funny because he dared to even say it with a straight face lol.
    I think he means the general audience because I don't see them bothering with these Disney+ shows

I have yet to see the Spidey movies, I saw Captain America First Avengers and Captain Marvel first on D+ when it launched and I was able to follow the mcu without them