Page 16 of 117 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Yep, and I believe in a Q&A Leah even mentioned that trans issues would come up during that run.
    Hi pandafarmer, what does it mean trains issues will come up in X-Factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    By the way, we all agree that Logan was not wearing anything under the kimono, right?
    Definitely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that's a fair point, even If i felt it was interesting and empowering its writen in a way to be strange and alien , wich is perfect
    It certainly is written well, despite all the questions Kurt brings up, the end result, the final imagery, is definitely celebratory.

Astonishing Member

This issue made me think. Until now, I thought that the whole 'X-Men have lost their way and are now corrupt' was fan overreaction, but I'm starting to think that there may be some truth to this sentiment. Its bizarre that more mutants don't have a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Uh, yeah. Brought that up in my first post on the matter re: why Hickman and editorial aren't as cute as they think they are.
    Alright, I can agree with it

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Definitely.
    Hopefully Krakoa's chairs clean themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There isn't a lot on gray when kids are being killed violently on a spectable
    If that is what you thought saw, I am not going to argue with that but not everyone saw the scene like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If that is what you thought saw, I am not going to argue with that but not everyone saw the scene like that.
    That is what happened. people can interpret how they want, but it is a fact

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a complete secret to the world at large. Like i don't think any of the other new Mutants (Warlock's other friends) even know he's there.

Add to the fact that he's a Phalanx (You know the big world mind devour society thing) and yeah...
    I remember on first issues of HOXPOX Doub spreading Warlock spores on Krakoa

for sure there is something shady going on here

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Sanctions, not bombing. Public and vocal condemnation of such practices. Banning of such practices in our own culture.

No. Encourage them to reform.

Oh, it's possible. We've got enough nukes to kill everyone on the planet. But, that would be insane because that would be burning the village in order to save it and because genocide is, y'know, bad.

If Catholics today are engaging in such activity, yes, they should be stopped.

That said, most Catholics aren't because the Catholic Church has reformed, and people alive today aren't responsible for the crimes of their ancestors.

Well for me people can put as many sanctions they want against Krakoa I don't think it will work just as it does not work with Iran or North Korea. Besides, something tells me that humans don't care what mutants and their religion or culture think and do.

The funny thing is that although I do not condemn the new mutant tradition at all with the mutants who lost their powers to join Krakoa on the other hand the way Wanda is portrayed in Krakoa makes me a little uncomfortable.

Don't get me wrong I understand that someone like Wanda could not be treated positively in a mutant nation but considering what happened to her was something beyond her will in a moment of madness she is very close to being portrayed as something similar Hitler or the devil and that worries me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Kinda funny how they constantly complain about humans here, humans there, even though they are still entirely human in personality, mentality, cultural design and goals. They never threw it off and never will be able to. And here they engage in maybe the most cliché presentation of tribal rituals and behaviour a writer can think of. All while not noticing the irony. What might be an attempt to distance themself from their hated idea of "humans" makes them even more noticable human.
    Funny you use the word human. I never saw the X-men more alien.
    It's probably Hickman's intention to remove the X-men of their humanity. I just don't find it realistic: their reaction to the strangeness of Krakoa is so meek.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Hi pandafarmer, what does it mean trains issues will come up in X-Factor?
    Hard to say, I'd have to dig around for the quote. But it's possible they will confront the morality of someone going through the crucible or wanting to have resurrection purely on wanting to change something other than power-rebirth.

I think it would be a very important thing to read this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's probably Hickman's intention to remove the X-men of their humanity. I just don't find it realistic: their reaction to the strangeness of Krakoa is so meek.
    That's interesting to see. For me, I felt the same way until this issue. It was refreshing to have Scott and Kurt have these discussions. This on top of the Warlock scene tells me that we'll be finding a lot more discussion about some of our more "moral" heroes feel about the way things are going. I'm sure once the "sipping the KoolAid" of Krakoa wears off, we'll see quite a few characters start feeling a bit uncomfortable. I agree we'll likely find this in the X-Factor book from Leah. Seems like the kind of thing she'd be ALL over.
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 02-26-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Not gonna lie; I was gonna say this issue sucks but Hickman wrote Apocalypse, Scott and Kurt in character enough to save it. Also I like that he's exploring the flaws of his immortal mutants plot. Surprised that Hickman used Aero instead of Prodigy cuz I had no idea who this chick was.

8.5/10.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

This was scary but good. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hopefully Krakoa's chairs clean themselves.
    I was going to make a dirty joke BUT I WILL NOT.

It's very nice to see Scott and Logan being friends. I hated their post Schysm relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Not gonna lie; I was gonna say this issue sucks but Hickman wrote Apocalypse, Scott and Kurt in character enough to save it. Also I like that he's exploring the flaws of his immortal mutants plot. Surprised that Hickman used Aero instead of Prodigy cuz I had no idea who this chick was.

8.5/10.
    Hickman loves Sam, so in retrospect it makes sense that he wants to give his little sister a moment.