Page 845 of 865 FirstFirst ... 345745795835841842843844845846847848849855 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,675 of 12974
    Incredible Member

How's barnes & noble's shipping conditions? Do they pack packages like IST or more like Amazon?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    How's barnes & noble's shipping conditions? Do they pack packages like IST or more like Amazon?
    Barnes and Nobles does better than Amazon (from Amazon most times you get the book loose in a box way too big, and if you're lucky they throw in a few air packets). Barnes and Nobles usually ships books in a cardboard sleeve that fits around the book. It's not damage proof, but it provides a bit more protection. IST does way way better than both though, with all the padding and protection they add I doubt anyone could ever get a damaged book from them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Oh, man it lights up? I neeeeed that!! It's an addiction! Lol!

What are some of the last books you have read? I picked up the Cates Thanos HC and it was brilliant.
    Hmmm, I've never read Thanos specifically but I think he has popped up in something else that I've read at some point... I don't read much Marvel
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Hmmm, I've never read Thanos specifically but I think he has popped up in something else that I've read at some point... I don't read much Marvel
    I don't read much mainstream superhero books anymore, period, but Cates' Thanos and its follow ups are the bee's knees!
    I never cared for Thanos whatsoever but Thanos wins was just an absolute blast and the sequel, Cosmis Ghost rider: Baby Thanos must die, is even crazier and more fun.

Can't wait to read the Guardians that's a sequel to that.

That and Zdarksy's Daredevil are the two Marvel books in the last year or two I didn't just think were good but I would most definitely recommend to everyone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Barnes and Nobles does better than Amazon (from Amazon most times you get the book loose in a box way too big, and if you're lucky they throw in a few air packets). Barnes and Nobles usually ships books in a cardboard sleeve that fits around the book. It's not damage proof, but it provides a bit more protection. IST does way way better than both though, with all the padding and protection they add I doubt anyone could ever get a damaged book from them.
    Thanks
    I'm just going stir crazy waiting for IST to come back online and am looking at alternatives for things like Astonishing X-men omni.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

What books are you reading?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    What books are you reading?
    Mostly The Walking Dead, but I think I also have Salem's Lot (the novel) waiting to be read
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't read much mainstream superhero books anymore, period, but Cates' Thanos and its follow ups are the bee's knees!
    I never cared for Thanos whatsoever but Thanos wins was just an absolute blast and the sequel, Cosmis Ghost rider: Baby Thanos must die, is even crazier and more fun.

Can't wait to read the Guardians that's a sequel to that.

That and Zdarksy's Daredevil are the two Marvel books in the last year or two I didn't just think were good but I would most definitely recommend to everyone.
    I can definitely second Zdarsky's Daredevil. Different and very interesting. Some great art by Marco Checchetto as well as by Jorge Fornés.

Spectacular Member

Sean Philips confirms (again) that criminal deluxe editions will be re-released, with new covers. And a third volume with the new series will also be released
    https://twitter.com/seanpphillips/st...74865578127360

I really like the style of the new cover, but I already have the old ones and there's no justification to buy them again. But the third one I will buy

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Mostly The Walking Dead, but I think I also have Salem's Lot (the novel) waiting to be read
    Cool. I'm working my way through my DD collection.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

My favourite King novel

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Sean Philips confirms (again) that criminal deluxe editions will be re-released, with new covers. And a third volume with the new series will also be released
    https://twitter.com/seanpphillips/st...74865578127360

I really like the style of the new cover, but I already have the old ones and there's no justification to buy them again. But the third one I will buy
    Conflicted.......really like the redesign, but I also have the first 2 already and hope the upcoming 3rd still matches what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Conflicted.......really like the redesign, but I also have the first 2 already and hope the upcoming 3rd still matches what I have.
    Me too. If I can sell the first two for a good price ..... I'm tempted to go for that option and buy them back later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    My favourite King novel
    I'm 300 pages in and enjoying it so far, but I don't feel very attached to any of the characters...

Quote Originally Posted by neilhimself
    Volume 1 of the @darkhorsecomics NEIL GAIMAN LIBRARY arrived with me today. It's huge and beautiful, and contains four whole books: A Study In Emerald, Murder Mysteries, How to Talk to Girls at Parties, and Forbidden Brides... What a glorious surprise.