Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never realized he had a secondary mutation but I read during that era he became a precog. I have no recollection of this
    Yeah it was so brief and, not surprisingly, it was so brief because of behind the scenes stuff. In the story Gambit was blinded after one of his cards is damaged and explodes in his face causing him to go blind. A few issues later in x-men #163 he takes off his blindfold and looks at one of his cards. He ends up seeing the brotherhood of mutants on his card like a tarot card. Predicting they would attack. They did, which confirmed it was precognition and not a hallucination. It was never really explored again because around this time the writers of the series switched up and they kind of abandoned the plot and the new writer was just like ok let's get rid of that and I think Sage was used to help gambit jump start his eyes. It is shown at omega level with his full power level he can self regen. And in addition he is known to be a mild level telepath so him having mental powers is not out of left field. He's been able to charm people and also help shield his mind from stronger telepaths using his mild telepathy powers

I'm dying for more gambit power stuff. His omega level reveal is one of my favorite things about his character. He has all this power but he is so adverse to having power because he doesn't trust he can control it. It added so much to his character

Here's the cover of the issue that the precognition happens image.jpg

And since when I upload images on here they appear so small here's a imgur link of a few of the panels that I found with a Google search since I don't own this issue
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/lmyjEIv
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-16-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Here's a couple of pretty cool asthetic group shots that I was considering making a background

image.jpg

image.jpg

And an imgur gallery for if the pictures come out small
    https://imgur.com/a/A3L4AkQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Here's a couple of pretty cool asthetic group shots that I was considering making a background

image.jpg

image.jpg

And an imgur gallery for if the pictures come out small
    https://imgur.com/a/A3L4AkQ
    That Paris story is Golden. X-Men at their best as family. This is the biggest problem for me with HiX-Men. For me X-Men must be a family of strangers and not just a Summers clan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    That Paris story is Golden. X-Men at their best as family. This is the biggest problem for me with HiX-Men. For me X-Men must be a family of strangers and not just a Summers clan.
    Yeah I'm not sure what I want. I guess the closest thing I can say to what I actually want is unity. And having relationships on equal footing makes the team feel more cohesive. If too much family or clan stuff it creates an imbalance on the team in terms of who's their favorites.

As for the Paris arc I will say Gambit and X23 did what they couldn't do with Marrow and Gambit. Make me care about them together helping each other. Marrow and Gambit kinda had a deeper connection I just did not care about them together as a pair. This book with Gambit and X23 could be one of my favorite Gambit books

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Blind Gambit vs Sabretooth.

And speaking of that the x23 series Gambit also brings up a little bit more about playing cards as fortune telling in that series when telling X23s fortune

image.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/A2lYssP
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-16-2020 at 05:09 PM.

I couldn't find the thread about the creating teams but this was someone else idea and i was so enthralled by the team i had to clean it up some so since Gambit would be leader figured it would be best place to share.

xmenguild.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I couldn't find the thread about the creating teams but this was someone else idea and i was so enthralled by the team i had to clean it up some so since Gambit would be leader figured it would be best place to share.

xmenguild.jpg
    Nice! Yeah, I wish Gambit had more opportunities to lead. I've liked his brief stints as leader in the past
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

I'm just curious what everyone's favorite story elements about Gambit are so I made a poll for you guys. It has 28 options, including an "other" option if you want to write in something else (note I accidentally put "other" as an option before I knew the poll would do it for me so if you want to use "other" please use the 2nd one as it will give you a line to explain your choice.

I allowed for multiple answers to be selected but I'm capping the number you can choose to 9. Cause otherwise everyone can just pick all of them and it kinda defeats the purpose. I tried to think of as many different topics pertaining to Gambit as I could

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves and I can reveal the full answers in percentage form when I feel enough time has past or I don't think anymore answers will be given. Enjoy and tell me what you think

https://linkto.run/p/EUQ2IIXX

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I'm just curious what everyone's favorite story elements about Gambit are so I made a poll for you guys. It has 28 options, including an "other" option if you want to write in something else (note I accidentally put "other" as an option before I knew the poll would do it for me so if you want to use "other" please use the 2nd one as it will give you a line to explain your choice.

I allowed for multiple answers to be selected but I'm capping the number you can choose to 9. Cause otherwise everyone can just pick all of them and it kinda defeats the purpose. I tried to think of as many different topics pertaining to Gambit as I could

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves and I can reveal the full answers in percentage form when I feel enough time has past or I don't think anymore answers will be given. Enjoy and tell me what you think

https://linkto.run/p/EUQ2IIXX
    Voted.
    Funny that I chose not knowing anything about past (meant as mystery) and also chose to know a lot about past. Always loved stories about teen Gambit in Paris or with Pig.

Mighty Member

Nice! And it's definitely a struggle when you want to chase for answers but also want to keep that mystery feeling going. I think one of my favorite back stories was when they showed that Gambit was at the Weapon X facility when Logan escaped. I don't know if they story is AU or not but it was a cool mini story

It is 616 and Sinister was in it. Cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Nice! Yeah, I wish Gambit had more opportunities to lead. I've liked his brief stints as leader in the past
    Was Gambit the leader during Claremont's Revolution period on the team that included Jean, Storm, Beast, and Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Was Gambit the leader during Claremont's Revolution period on the team that included Jean, Storm, Beast, and Cable?
    Yes. He was.

Spectacular Member

Voted. It is nice to see on the graphical breakdown page that we are all over the world. I chose other as one of my choices and wrote: "Gambit showing his intelligence and orchestrating events behind the scenes."