Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Judging from the last panels I saw of Giant-Size Fantomex, no ... Gambit will not be on Storm's team in Giant Sized Storm. Deflated once again. Should have known better than to get my hopes up.

Ughhhh ... I hate how underutilized Gambit and Rogue are right now. This DoX era is doing nothing for them.

And still no word on CotA.
    I think more characters will appear in Storm issue. The only possibility for Gambit to be there if Dauterman is a fan and asked to add him to story. Hickman doesn`t want to write him for sure.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Judging from the last panels I saw of Giant-Size Fantomex, no ... Gambit will not be on Storm's team in Giant Sized Storm. Deflated once again. Should have known better than to get my hopes up.

Ughhhh ... I hate how underutilized Gambit and Rogue are right now. This DoX era is doing nothing for them.

And still no word on CotA.
    It's weird. With a lot writers (like Hickman or Howard), it feels like their favorites are the "Cool Kids" of the team and anyone he doesn't like just gets left out of the bigger stories or underutilized. I think that's why I still love re-reading Claremonts stuff. He used a ton of characters for his stories and he used them well.

I don't know. I'm probably just biased. It just feels like some paint is being left on the palette by only focusing on certain characters e.g. the Summers-centric stories in X-Men
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

I thought Rogue was written very well and refreshing in Deadpool 6 compare to Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I thought Rogue was written very well and refreshing in Deadpool 6 compare to Excalibur
    Probably bc it was written by someone who actually cares about the character.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    She seemed like herself at least. There just wasn't enough panel time to get a lot out of it. Which is fine, it's not really her book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    It's weird. With a lot writers (like Hickman or Howard), it feels like their favorites are the "Cool Kids" of the team and anyone he doesn't like just gets left out of the bigger stories or underutilized. I think that's why I still love re-reading Claremonts stuff. He used a ton of characters for his stories and he used them well.

I don't know. I'm probably just biased. It just feels like some paint is being left on the palette by only focusing on certain characters e.g. the Summers-centric stories in X-Men
    Exactly! Love that analogy.

Gambit just returned to the team after that long hiatus since ANXF. Rogue just returned to the team after getting so much attention in UA. I loved how much individual and couple focus they got in R&G and MMX. Seriously even the Soule Astonishing run gave them more plot inclusion and action than Excalibur is giving them. And Gambit got some key importance in X-Men:Red despite a huge character cast. But DoX is totally sweeping them aside, not including them in the bigger stories going on or giving them their own B plots. They're just ... there ... if they even make it into the book or past the cover. It seems like they are frequently used to sell variant covers for books where they never feature and it's feeling super disingenuous.

I really hope I'm wrong about Giant-Sized Storm, but I'm beyond disillusioned with this DoX era at this point.

Mighty Member

And Gambit got some key importance in X-Men:Red despite a huge character cast.
    I remember getting butterflies just from Jean saying "I'm actually glad I ran into you Gambit cause I need your help" I was like ayyy my boy genuinely feels like he showed up when he is really really needed.

yeah I loved him as lead for this team

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

SAME!!!!! Remy leading a small team on actual heists and spy missions is just what I want for him. You would think this situation with Krakoa would finally afford him that opportunity instead of seeing him wasted.

Too bad Tom Taylor is free lance for both the big 2, because I LOVE him on Marvel books and he's always treated Gambit with respect.

I'd love to see what he could do for Rogue and Gambit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Man, I miss this book so much. I know we had our complaints, but I would take Red over what we have now any day.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Man, I miss this book so much. I know we had our complaints, but I would take Red over what we have now any day.
    Red 11 is one of the best Gambit showings ever.

Well I finally got around to taking some pictures of some of my Gambit and Rogue collection. I've been wanting to do it for quite a while and am glad to finally be able to post them here. It is going to take three posts to get all the pictures included though(and that is with some of the pictures combined into one image!). I hope this doesn't bother anyone.

Anyway, post 1-

Sorry about the glare on some of the cards. I thought it would be cool to include some the more recent issues alongside their first appearances in the above part of the image. As for the bottom part, it is admittedly a hodge podge of stuff. I am not sure why I put just the first issue of Rogue's first solo in it, but I was sure to include the other issues on another image. I will always have fond memories of those old action figures in the bottom part. I still remember how excited I was to get them as kid. I just couldn't believe how awesome they were(yes even with the cheep plastic coat on Gambit). My original, very beat up, figures now reside in my niece's collection of toys, along with some of my other old 90s figures. She greatly enjoys them.

This one has some of their earlier appearances, as well as the other Rogue solo issues. Plus, that X-Men Unlimited issue for some reason. I really don't know what I was thinking with some of these arrangements lol.

Some great Jim Lee issues and some early Abjectiveless X-Men.

Post #2-

Some more early Abjectiveless and some of my favorite X-Treme issues.

Some Funkos, cards, pins, and Joe Mad issues(with #350 in the image below).

Another hodge podge with the original art to Gambit(2012) #8 by Clay Mann! As you may have seen in another post in the Gambit thread, 350, Storm and Gambit 1, and Gambit 8 are some of my favorite Gambit covers.

Post #3 and final post-

First Gambit solo, the gold variant, and original art from the first issue. Love that page with the X-Men showing Gambit support and of course the great moment of Rogue saying that he would not be going to New Orleans alone.

More original art! The cover to Rogue and Gambit #1 by Kris Anka, which I got from his online store. A commission by Chris Samnee that I have shared on here before. And a great Gambit and Rogue splash page from from Gambit #11 by Clay Mann. Interestingly the image wound up being reversed in the actual issue(not sure why but it is a great image either way). Unlike the artwork for the cover to issue 8 that I got around the time the issue came out from Mann's then representative, this one I missed the first time it went on sale to my regret, but it later went on sale again on eBay and I was sure to get it that time!
    Last edited by thjan; 08-07-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Wow, Thjan!
    Such a great collection. Somany original art. Love all that!
    Thanks for sharing with us. Such things are very needed

Looooove that original page from Gambit 11!