Page 141 of 200 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2987
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Everytime I see people complaint that Jason shouldn't have adventures in the space or against magical beings, because "he's a street level character" I can't help but wonder why those same people never have an issue with Batman or any of Jason's brothers doing the same.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Everytime I see people complaint that Jason shouldn't have adventures in the space or against magical beings, because "he's a street level character" I can't help but wonder why those same people never have an issue with Batman or any of Jason's brothers doing the same.
    Hmm... personal preference based on perceived image and because they don't care about the other characters
    Kinda like a Batman fan who likes things realistic and don't involve the Batfam or Justice League

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Fair enough, but those people not only are in the minority, they don't throw a fit every time Batman has unrealistic situations happen on his own book (that thanks to Snyder and King are the bulk of his stories) whereas people keep harping on about how Jason should never be anything but a Punisher ripoff.

Also, having Jason travel all over the world, to space or to mystical dimensions gives him a niche of his own that lets him stand apart instead of just keep clogging Gotham with street-level vigilantes.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 09-17-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Of all the batfam, Jason is the one who should be going on those type of stories more often. It’s not like he has any real compelling reason to permanently reside there anyway.

Spectacular Member

Fair enough, but those people not only are in the minority, they don't throw a fit every time Batman has unrealistic situations happen on his own book (that thanks to Snyder and King are the bulk of his stories) whereas people keep harping on about how Jason should never be anything but a Punisher ripoff.

Also, having Jason travel all over the world, to space or to mystical dimensions gives him a niche of his own that lets him stand apart instead of just keep clogging Gotham with street-level vigilantes.
    1.you have to remember one very important thing people hate the writer and whatever he write doesn't fly with most readers.

2. they do it to mostly all the batfamily saying they should be street and not interact with most of the dc because the bats is mostly realism. DC put freddy on the titans because they wanted tim to stay more grounded in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's a photo
    Ah, I see.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hasn’t a good majority of his new 52 and rebirth runs dealt with more fantastical elements?

-Spaceship adventures with Starfire
    -A magic organization that trained him
    -A Superman clone
    -An Amazon
    -Alternate dimensions and time travel
    -A school for villains

Those are the ones right off the top my head.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hasn’t a good majority of his new 52 and rebirth runs dealt with more fantastical elements?

-A Superman clone
    -An Amazon
    -A school for villains

Feel like this is the BIG one that really allows him to venture into the supernatural probably moreso than his brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

-A Superman clone
    -An Amazon
    -A school for villains

Those are the ones right off the top my head.
    Pre-New52, he also went on a multiverse hopping adventure with Donna Troy and Kyler Rayner, guided by Bob the Monitor and briefly joined by the Jokester.

Also, having Jason travel all over the world, to space, or to mystical dimensions gives him a niche of his own that lets him stand apart instead of just keep clogging Gotham with street-level vigilantes.
    I mentioned it but didn't elaborate, a lot of people's first (and sometimes only) exposure to Red Hood is Under The Red Hood followed by Arkham Knight, and that defines Red Hood's character and tone to them, the vigilante who kills mobs and fight Batman for his ideals. Even in Gotham Knights fandom, you find people complaining about Jason using rubber bullets.

Also considering that RHATO number is 25,000 or below, I'd say they're the majority

Batman has been in the game for a long time, he established himself as a street-level detective first, but people also know him as a Justice League member. So by this point most people already expect him to do that.

Red Hood doesn't have as much exposure, and I'm betting the complaints coming from people who hold Under The Red Hood as the only right way to do Jason.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

It seems like Dark and I frequent completely different places. I mainly encounter stuff like this:

(source)

Twitter: ash

Twitter: newbie_angkum

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Feel like this is the BIG one that really allows him to venture into the supernatural probably moreso than his brothers.
    Being mysterously resurrected is also a point in the why yes, and The Cult is a story in his Robin time and also touches certain supernatural elements (kind of). And he's the Robin that famosuly saved Superman, too. Kind of counts for space, even if it's not as much as other Robins. Ah, and also, Countdown, I forgot that.

And again, it's a corner no other batfam member covers, the fantastic adventure corner, a classic genre in pulps. And there's a limit of street level stories that you can tell in a row without getting the audience tired of it. The Shadow had variety, Batman had variety, Moon Knight has variety. Even the opposite side, a fantastic adventurer, a mystic knight, like Iron Fist, has street level stories (and it's a big part of his catalogue). You need a range of different genres to move in between if you don't want the character to die soon, either because of burnt out or because you keep retelling the same storiss (originality isn't always a spare thing to come across)

In my opinion at least.

I wouldn't put Jason into an epic, not yet, not without reason. He works way better in small stories. But in mystic adventures? Or even magic, or supernatural... Sure.

That being said, DC, stop putting John Constantine in big epic stories within a badass magician role. He's a trickster, almost a con artist of the magic. He doesn't work that way. He's at best a guide, not a solver.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-18-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I just read the last Nightwing issue, another entry in the long list of shitty appearances of Jason in Batfamily crossovers

I'm surprised they haven't had Jason hang out with Justice League Dark yet. He feels like a better fit for supernatural adventures because he actually resurrected. That feels like a good avenue to explore with him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't had Jason hang out with Justice League Dark yet. He feels like a better fit for supernatural adventures because he actually resurrected. That feels like a good avenue to explore with him.
    He, Artemis, and Bizarro were in a... was it a crossover? I don't remember... with the Trinity and the JLD's trinity, fighting Ra's, Lex and Circe

No... it's not a crossover, it's a Trinity story arc.