Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/38780-samn...e=notification

Uh oh... can I... hope?! I'm really hoping that phrase he used is a hint and not me being a gun jumper. He's one of my favorites though. A favorite favorite.

As many will remember , Samnee was there for the launch of Adventures of Superman before that Card thing blew up. He ended up with a few pages written by Jeff Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    The Bat-line needs a similiar culling/back to basics shift.
    That's just one opinion.

From my standpoint, they need better writers/direction for Batman himself.
    (The only Bat-book I regularly buy these days is Batgirl, and if she get dropped from starring in a regular title to being just an occasional back-up feature, I don't think that will be incentive enough for me to buy a book she only gets a few pages in.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's just one opinion.

From my standpoint, they need better writers/direction for Batman himself.
    (The only Bat-book I regularly buy these days is Batgirl, and if she get dropped from starring in a regular title to being just an occasional back-up feature, I don't think that will be incentive enough for me to buy a book she only gets a few pages in.)
    Well, looking at how the January North American orders break down as a series of bands, I wouldn't necessarily be ordering a card for the current Batgirl title's third birthday.

And how did NSM get uncancelled? Huge number of digital/non-US sales?

(The bands were chosen to put an equal number of titles (seven) in each bracket, if you're wondering about the odd numbers. For twice-monthly titles, the LOWER selling issue was taken, but second printings and other reorders were not counted. One-shots/Annuals/etc were also discounted. #1s are noted because they usually outsell the series ultimate level by a huge margin.)

45k+
    Doomsday Clock [event, miniseries], Dark Nights Metal [event, miniseries], Batman, Batman and the Signal [#1, miniseries], Detective Comics, Flash, Justice League [cancelled for relaunch]

31.5k-45k
    Superman, Action Comics, Mister Miracle [miniseries], Damage [#1], Wonder Woman, Super Sons [CANCELLED], Harley Quinn

26.25k-31.5k
    Titans [cancelled for relaunch?], Silencer [#1], Teen Titans [cancelled for relaunch?], Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Nightwing, Suicide Squad, Supergirl

20k-26.25k
    Raven Daughter of Darkness [#1, miniseries], Justice League of America [cancelled for relaunch], Aquaman, Green Lanterns, Trinity [CANCELLED], Green Arrow, Red Hood and the Outlaws

12k-20k
    Batgirl, Deathstroke, Batwoman, Deadman [miniseries], Batgirl and the Birds of Prey [CANCELLED], Doom Patrol [Young Animal], Hellblazer

8.5k-12k
    Demon Hell Is Earth [miniseries], Superwoman [CANCELLED], Ragman [miniseries], New Super Man, Black Lightning Cold Dead Hands [miniseries], Blue Beetle [CANCELLED], Cyborg [CANCELLED]

On the last item, Cyborg has issues solicited for both April and May, written by his co-creator, Marv Wolfman. So no, it hasn't actually been canceled.

And was JL really canceled, or it it just on hiatus in May? In other words, do we know for certain that is it really being relaunched with a new #1?

Superman should also be listed as "canceled for relaunch." Super Sons and Supergirl may well fall into the same category, but at this stage, I guess, we don't really know for certain.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post

The Bat-line needs a similiar culling/back to basics shift.
    The Bat-line needs a complete makeover in terms of titles and creative teams; not a culling and certainly not a back to basics approach.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    And how did NSM get uncancelled? Huge number of digital/non-US sales?
    According to Luen-Yang, the book was saved through a combination of extremely positive fan response (unsurprising given it's DC's best book by far) and much higher trade sales than DC expected.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Uh oh... can I... hope?! I'm really hoping that phrase he used is a hint and not me being a gun jumper. He's one of my favorites though. A favorite favorite.

As many will remember , Samnee was there for the launch of Adventures of Superman before that Card thing blew up. He ended up with a few pages written by Jeff Parker.
    Dare I dream?

You think Bendis might've scooped up Samnee? It's been a capital offence that neither Shanner nor Samnee have had extended runs on Superman. Maybe Bendis is the guy that makes at least one of those extended runs happen? I can't imagine Reis staying on for an extended run for Superman. But even if he does there's nothing that says there won't be an arc or two that calls for less cinematic art, no?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah I think Reis is determined but he'll still need help. Samnee and Shaner together would solve art in comics. I'd love for either to be part of an extended family revamp although I want them to do Superman proper just a bit more.

Incredible Member

So Scrappy is having his book cancelled? oh well he is the main character in two other books so he'll be fine.

Shame about Supergirl though, but then again they did turn her back to the girl next door role from the 50's so it isn't that surprising.

If Supergirl was cancelled just so she could be in Bendis' books, that would worry me. I am not a fan of them giving so much power over the franchise to one guy, I feel like DC is going to let Bendis do whatever he likes because he is a "superstar writer".
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    So Scrappy is having his book cancelled? oh well he is the main character in two other books so he'll be fine.

Shame about Supergirl though, but then again they did turn her back to the girl next door role from the 50's so it isn't that surprising.
    You either haven't read the title or have a misunderstanding of what a girl next door role is, if you think that's what Orlando's Supergirl run has been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    So Scrappy is having his book cancelled?
    Don't call Jon Scrappy. I actually like Scrappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    If Supergirl was cancelled just so she could be in Bendis' books, that would worry me. I am not a fan of them giving so much power over the franchise to one guy, I feel like DC is going to let Bendis do whatever he likes because he is a "superstar writer".
    We already know DC gives way too much power to its 'superstar writers'. The Bat-line has been especially bad with this for awhile between Morrison, Snyder and King.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

We already know DC gives way too much power to its 'superstar writers'. The Bat-line has been especially bad with this for awhile between Morrison, Snyder and King.
    I think it is particularly egregious in this case because Bendis is getting full control over the two main books, and if Supergirl was cancelled so Bendis can use her, then DC is stopping any other way to read about a character just so Bendis can use them. But then again, if it ends up going well, it would be one of the rare instances where DC giving so much control to one person works out for the best.
    Last edited by KC; 02-23-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Actually, I had more of a problem with how Morrison seemed to be more in control of the Superman direction (with Action Comics) at the beginning of the New 52; DC wound up treating George Pérez like dirt while he was writing Superman then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

The first thing I thought of after Samnee announced his departure was whether DC would snag him or not.
    The Bat-line needs a complete makeover in terms of titles and creative teams; not a culling and certainly not a back to basics approach.
    Well, there are various definitions of "back-to-basics approach."
    Don't call Jon Scrappy. I actually like Scrappy. .
    I like both .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, I had more of a problem with how Morrison seemed to be more in control of the Superman direction (with Action Comics) at the beginning of the New 52; DC wound up treating George Pérez like dirt while he was writing Superman then.
    Yeah, that sounds pretty bad from what I've heard.