Page 651 of 782 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hearing the noise, Dash follows it to the source and stands wide-eyed, then a little angry, "An when where you gonna tell me you had this on TV?" She then grabs a handful of popcorn and plops herself somewhere where she can watch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Zurvan is also slowly eating beside her.

“If I recall correctly, he is a Guardian in that timeline and this one as well. His race is called Promethian. A good man from what I know. A terrific fighter too.”
    Dash grabs some more popcorn, but before eating nods, "Ah knew the name sounded familiar. He's on Meagan's list, though ah don't think she managed to find him yet. Don't know why." she then pushes the snack food into her mouth and chewing it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Thrush Calivar and Wolf are called next. When the fight begins, Thrush clearly has the advantage. Wolf’s only saving grace is her armor, which seems able to withstand the brutal strikes from Thrush via energy shields and energy redirection. Compared to the last match, this one seems near clumsy in comparison. Thrush seems to prevent brutal and hard sword swings, energy blades forming from his swings while Wolf prefers agile defense and redirection.

Flying and engaging, deflecting and massive swinging energy blades mark the contest but despite his more powerful form, Wolf manages to get him up close and plant a glowing disc on his chest. The item erupts into a powerful jet of energy, propelling him down and out. His body touches the outside of the arena before he can rip the disc off.

Angry, Thrush stalks off as Wolf is called the winner. Incenio grits his teeth.

“Didn’t even have a chance to bet. How irritating.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

E. Bekon and the cyborg Anubis are called next.

Incenio chuckles.

“The Emperor of the left over Saiyan race. Heh, true royalty there. I’ll wager on him. 2,000,000 million.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

So, E Bekon - the so called Emperor - was up next. If he won, he'd be her opponent in the quarterfinals. She folded her arms and watched closely.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 02-23-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Zurvan is also slowly eating beside her.

“If I recall correctly, he is a Guardian in that timeline and this one as well. His race is called Promethian. A good man from what I know. A terrific fighter too.”
    A worthwhile tidbit if not immediately useful, Ishtar nodded when Zurvan explained who, and what Titanus was; and while the man himself was not familiar, his kind were. "Promethian ... hm, it is good to see they yet remain, since last I saw them. Though if they have walked the long years since then, with Guardians of a similar bent as Titanus ... I should not be surprised."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash grabs some more popcorn, but before eating nods, "Ah knew the name sounded familiar. He's on Meagan's list, though ah don't think she managed to find him yet. Don't know why." she then pushes the snack food into her mouth and chewing it.
    An unfamiliar voice at her side however, causes the Oni to turn.

"How would you eve-" Ishtar started, only to realises upon looking at the girl ... she had no idea who she was. Which itself was unsurprising given the influx of people -- the Todians primarily -- and yet there was at least a sliver of familiarity. "How passing strange ... in any event, one hopes Meagan is able to return to Chroma and finish this list of hers. One only knows how busy she must be acting as Guardian of Chroma, I am sure her being waylaid from returning due to the atmospheric chaff is ... quite problematic, er ... young one."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 02-23-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incenio chuckles.

“The Emperor of the left over Saiyan race. Heh, true royalty there. I’ll wager on him. 2,000,000 million.”
    OOC: Mind if I take control of E Bekon here?
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: Mind if I take control of E Bekon here?
    Have at it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A worthwhile tidbit if not immediately useful, Ishtar nodded when Zurvan explained who, and what Titanus was; and while the man himself was not familiar, his kind were. "Promethian ... hm, it is good to see they yet remain, since last I saw them. Though if they have walked the long years since then, with Guardians of a similar bent as Titanus ... I should not be surprised."

An unfamiliar voice at her side however, causes the Oni to turn.

"How would you eve-" Ishtar started, only to realises upon looking at the girl ... she had no idea who she was. Which itself was unsurprising given the influx of people -- the Todians primarily -- and yet there was at least a sliver of familiarity. "How passing strange ... in any event, one hopes Meagan is able to return to Chroma and finish this list of hers. One only knows how busy she must be acting as Guardian of Chroma, I am sure her being waylaid from returning due to the atmospheric chaff is ... quite problematic, er ... young one."
    "Yeah, Meagan has her work cut out for her." Dash then gives the oni a slightly disappointed look, "You sure ain't very good with names, are you Isthar? Ah figgure after we fought Anula and Jagam, an that Auroc thing, together you'd at least remember my name, not that it's all that hard to do."
    Last edited by Tami; 02-23-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incenio chuckles.

Totoma--or E Bekon as he had entered himself--had spent the time between his brief interaction with that purebred calling herself Queen Sarada and his match... just watching the competition. Certainly, there were some somewhat impressive fighters in this tournament, but, ultimately, nothing he could not handle. All this was for nothing more than his own personal amusement.

He had to admit, though, that it was odd that a purebred as strong as Sarada existed. During the wars to unify the half-blood empire, the strongest purebreds had been considerably beneath Sarada's level. It was definitely intriguing... perhaps, once he met her in battle, he'd see just how far he could push her.

As he stepped into the fighting ring, his gaze met Anubis', and the half-blood emperor put his hands into his pockets, his stance relaxed and his power suppressed. There was no friendly smile offered or words exchanged, simply the juxtoposition of his intense gaze and relaxed mien.

Totoma--or E Bekon as he had entered himself--had spent the time between his brief interaction with that purebred calling herself Queen Sarada and his match... just watching the competition. Certainly, there were some somewhat impressive fighters in this tournament, but, ultimately, nothing he could not handle. All this was for nothing more than his own personal amusement.

He had to admit, though, that it was odd that a purebred as strong as Sarada existed. During the wars to unify the half-blood empire, the strongest purebreds had been considerably beneath Sarada's level. It was definitely intriguing... perhaps, once he met her in battle, he'd see just how far he could push her.

As he stepped into the fighting ring, his gaze met Anubis', and the half-blood emperor put his hands into his pockets, his stance relaxed and his power suppressed. There was no friendly smile offered or words exchanged, simply the juxtoposition of his intense gaze and relaxed mien.
    Anubis raises its sword, salutes, and then when the bell rings dashes at E Bekon, blade at his side for a horizontal slice.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Legacy 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan likewise took a seat next to Ochazuke, following his lead. With his keen eyes, but also his sense of reading the room like any good host, he noticed his martial brother's hands -- among the strongest hands he has ever caught, but still just the tiniest bit unsteady, even at the seemingly molecular level. In response, Zaofan did what any good brother-in-arms would do -- he gently placed his hand on Ochazuke's shoulder to offer moral support.

"It's hard to believe that, even after everything we've all gone through, we have a revelation. Right here, right now, on this table. What a life we lead, eh?"

But Zaofan wouldn't be sure if his words were indeed genuine support, or a facade to mask his own unsteadiness. His bravado would be, at the very least, familiar. "We've come this far, Ochazuke. Trepidation has never stopped us before. Unfurl the scroll."
    The Scroll of Zxu’ro unfurls. Pinned at the top is a note in simple and calm handwriting.

‘Though you are not my students, you carry another me’s legacy. In that we are connected. I have strived to do what I can for the better, and through that discovered techniques that have lended aid to me. Below is one such. Stay strong, Students of the Ten. No matter what, remember that humanity may not be the strongest, but our spirit is unmatched. We don’t give up, we don’t give in, and we fight until the end and beyond.

There is no might beyond our sight. There is no strength stronger than our will. There is no greater goal than peace. May we all live in the light of that peace.

Zxu’ro, Master of the Ten Schools.’

The scroll itself outlines one of Zxu’ros’ three Hidden techniques. This one is called the Genki-Dama, or the Spirit Bomb, and shows how to learn it.
    Ochazuke read the scroll silently. Holding another piece of the hidden history, even if was from another world entirely, left him a lingering sense of connection. Their paths Was it a prescient vision that informed this alternate of the Master of Masters addressing spectres in a vision? Chasing an uncertain path, following blindly in the wake of a man he had never met, on the surface his intentions were writ pure, uncompromising. Even as Ochazuke recognized the inherent weakness Zxu'ro spoke of, there was some cold comfort in what seemed to be the core of this sequestered lesson.

"A spirit unmatched...." What did that mean?

He pondered what would drive the founder to leave his legacy with Asha'rah, reveal the inner reaches to strangers from a world he could no longer know. This alternate Zxu'ro addressed a notion of a humanity which no longer existed; a lingering hope for the world he left behind. Ochazuke exhaled and propped himself forward onto the desk upon folded arms, kneading a capsule in his hand.

"Three hidden techniques...," Ochazuke muttered as he perused the scroll. "...Genki. The living soul of the planet itself...?"

As outlined within the scroll, the method was indeed familiar.

"Exogenous energy. Look Zao, it's kindred to the Bear School's foundation," he continued, "A power summoned and bequeathed from beyond what can be drawn from within."

The next passage of the technique, however, was somewhat elusive.

"But there is something else about the gather and change of the gathered ki. To possess it is to commune with other spirits, the energy must be loaned voluntarily. "
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-24-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Anubis raises its sword, salutes, and then when the bell rings dashes at E Bekon, blade at his side for a horizontal slice.
    There was probably something special about that sword... or at least the user had some techniques that would make contending against it, hm... dicey, in a manner of speaking. It was best to be evasive until he had a better idea of what his opponent could do. Or... yes... yes, weapons were allowed, and he had indeed enter himself as being armed. Weapon vs weapon was only fair, right?

He raised his hand, and then the sword hit... something. That something quickly shimmered into existence, and it was... curiously, a nine-toothed rake. He quickly braced himself with his other hand, and the weapon held. He allowed himself a small grin, and he pushed against the sword, raising up the rake... and as he did so, a pillar of fire and light erupted around him, engulfing him and his enemy.

With this rake to mark my imperial office.
    When I raise it, fire and light stream forth;
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-23-2019 at 11:42 AM.

There was probably something special about that sword... or at least the user had some techniques that would make contending against it, hm... dicey, in a manner of speaking. It was best to be evasive until he had a better idea of what his opponent could do. Or... yes... yes, weapons were allowed, and he had indeed enter himself as being armed. Weapon vs weapon was only fair, right?

He raised his hand, and then the sword hit... something. That something quickly shimmered into existence, and it was... curiously, a nine-toothed rake. He quickly braced himself with his other hand, and the weapon held. He allowed himself a small grin, and he pushed against the sword, raising up the rake... and as he did so, a pillar of fire and light erupted around him, engulfing him and his enemy.

With this rake to mark my imperial office.
    When I raise it, fire and light stream forth;
    A gust of wind surrounded Anubis to contend and blow the fire away from him.

He disengages from Bekon and leaps back, slices two swings of the sword and sending out energy blades at him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A gust of wind surrounded Anubis to contend and blow the fire away from him.

He disengages from Bekon and leaps back, slices two swings of the sword and sending out energy blades at him.
    A quick thinker... good doggy.

As the energy blades careened towards him, BekonToma gripped his rake with both hands and swung down. Hard. In its wake, nine arcs of energy--similar to the ones Anubis had just used--tore through the air, meeting Anubis' own and exploding. Furthermore, as the rake's points hit the arena floor, a spiraling cloud of ice and cold burst forth towards Anubis. This was not a distinct attack, but merely a property of the Nine-toothed rake. Mentally, he recited the next lines of a passage an ancestor of his had written about it eons ago.

When I lower it, a snowy blizzard blows.
    It terrifies the Heavenly Generals,

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    before the next fight happens Althena takes the opportunity to congratulate Samson Balon in person as she greets him with a traditional marital arts bow . " Hello I'm Althena Orpheus the ah 989th and I was watching your fight. I'm myself am also a master and I want to congratulate you personally on your fine performance . I will be watching Queen Sarada's match with you with excitement " Althena said.
    OOC: for cleric in case this was missed
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.