Page 34 of 198 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Gotham is slowly but surely becoming my favorite show on Fox(not that it's difficult...usually only care for animation domination)and I'm finding myself bored by Shield And Arrow...why? i have no clue...it's bizarre

but something about Gotham makes me want to tune in and something about Shield/Arrow Makes me want to ignore it...
    It took me two years to stop watching Arrow - I kept giving it a chance to improve but it just wasn't happening. Still, that was a lot longer than it took for me to lose interest in Gotham, which I ditched after episode 3. I might catch up with it at some point in the future, but nothing in what I've read about the subsequent episodes has suggested I've missed anything.

Lightbulb Mr. Freeze: Museum Portrait

I'd be interested to see what treatment "Gotham" (Fox TV) can provide for the diabolical Mr. Freeze.

Mr. Freeze is one of Batman's strangest nemeses. Once a respected man of science, the accidents which caused harm to him and his wife whom he obsesses over effectively motivated him to become a bizarre vigilante.

Mr. Freeze has a powerful 'ice-gun' with which he paralyzes his victims by literally freezing them with it.

Mr. Freeze believes society is to blame for the demise of his wife and him, and no one seems to be able to cure his cold heart.

Mr. Freeze represents human anxieties about grief and loss and the rage that comes with it, so I'd like to see if "Gotham" (Fox TV) presents an early portrait of this psychology-intrigue villain.

Retired

Maybe they could get Wentworth Miller to play Mr. Freeze.

They way gotham ended with bullock and gordon.... just pure awesome

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot getting a spong bath from his dear old mom was VERY CREEPY.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot getting a spong bath from his dear old mom was VERY CREEPY.
    I think Carol Cane revels in playing creepy.

Astonishing Member

A testimont that this show is so successful, Fox is using gotham to promote their other shows.
    Gotham
    (Followed by Sleepy Hollow)

Sleepy hollow is better than gotham at the moment

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    I'd be interested to see what treatment "Gotham" (Fox TV) can provide for the diabolical Mr. Freeze.
    At this point I'd imagine Victor Fries is still a scientist but I wonder if his wife Nora is still around or if she'd have become ill by now?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think they need to use some discretion in how many Bat villains they pile into this series. It's going to be awkward and kind of frustrating if we have legions of supervillains running around who can't be killed or permanently defeated until Batman comes to get them, ten years or more from now.

Retired

I know that a lot of people associate Batman with costumed kooks, but the Batman I liked was the detective who solved ordinary crimes, fighting crooks in plain clothes.

I really don't like that this series has focused so much on the Penguin--I was hoping for a procedural detective show. But I'm resigned to the fact that Cobblepot is a central character for the moment. What keeps me watching are the number of good actors that outweigh the bad ones.

The moral relativism in GOTHAM leaves me cold. If there is no real good, then I don't see what dressing up like a bat is going to solve. You would have to tear down the whole government, start from scratch and build a new society based on clear and resolute ideals.

Billionaire boy wonder Bruce Wayne is more likely to solve the problems of Gotham than the Batman. All Batman can do is detain crooks--and if he doesn't kill them, they'll just end up back on the street, because the whole system is corrupt. However, Bruce Wayne can use his billions to organize a massive political and legislative alliance to dismantle Gotham and rebuld it anew.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I really don't like that this series has focused so much on the Penguin--I was hoping for a procedural detective show.
    I can understand not liking the Pengo-centrism of the story so far. He's probably going to be the "Big Bad" for this season... probably not every season. I think it's great, though I can see how people might find him more annoying than fascinating.

I'm just sick to death of procedurals, though. It seems like 80% of all scripted television today is procedurals, and the other 20% is snarky sitcoms. It's in line with the present-day marketing mantra of "The most popular thing must be the only thing." It's almost gotten to the point where I won't even watch a new show if I see a badge. Procedurals are formulaic and easy to write and viewers are addicted to them like crack and football. But for me, it's the fascination of watching the origins of these familiar characters that keeps me watching Gotham.

I suspect Selina's will probably be the kookiest costume we see on this show, although they may use this version of Ed Nygma to go full-on campy.

Retired

I don't watch all procedurals, but there are some I like. And I like formulas--I'm interested in how, within a definite form, a writer can bend and twist the lines and still keep within the form. The confines of the form can free the writer to invent new things.

I enjoy THE MENTALIST. After Jane caught Red John, many said the show was over--and I thought the same. But I find the new direction much more interesting--the stories and characters are much better. I'm sad to see the series end.

I would say that GOTHAM is still a procedural. All the decoration is meant to distract from that. But every episode has had a procedural plot at its heart. The Batman easter eggs are becoming the gimmick of the series--and if they push that too far, the series could veer into the ridiculous.

BANNED

i thought this show would be a lot worse than it really is...and yet I'm tuning in just about every week

go figure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    It took me two years to stop watching Arrow - I kept giving it a chance to improve but it just wasn't happening. Still, that was a lot longer than it took for me to lose interest in Gotham, which I ditched after episode 3. I might catch up with it at some point in the future, but nothing in what I've read about the subsequent episodes has suggested I've missed anything.
    I feel the same about Arrow. I just..sometime in the middle of the 2nd season I just stopped watching it. It just didn't hold my interest.

I do like Gotham. It's not the best super hero show ever, but I find it vastly to superior to all the other procedural cop shows out there.