Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I don't see him yet what scenes his he in? is he a cop here like the movie or is he the undercover Shield agent?
    Cop KIA. They can't use SHIELD.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Champions spoiler
    spoilers:
    Don't expect to see Starling for a while after the current arc ends, she's landed herself in the same predicament as Bombshell, captured by CRADLE.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Champions spoiler
    spoilers:
    Don't expect to see Starling for a while after the current arc ends, she's landed herself in the same predicament as Bombshell, captured by CRADLE.
    end of spoilers
    the timing of this is weird cause they are fine in the last issue with Miles
    Last edited by Jman27; 11-11-2020 at 12:40 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cop KIA. They can't use SHIELD.
    What do you mean "They can't use SHIELD."? They literally don't have the rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    the timing of this is weird cause they are fine is the last issue with Miles
    I wonder if Ahmed's supposed to or was supposed to show how that happened.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What do you mean "They can't use SHIELD."? They literally don't have the rights?
    Doesn't "they can't use SHIELD" and "not having the rights" mean the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Ahmed's supposed to or was supposed to show how that happened.
    Did issue #20 happen before Champions #2?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-11-2020 at 01:43 PM.

It's before Champions #1, yes (Miles mentioned Kamala still being in her coma in an earlier issue, and we're still on the same arc). And yes, that's exactly what I meant, they can only use Spider-Man stuff, and SHIELD is not Spider-Man related.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Comic Drake hitting a lot of the points I've been liking.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Comic Drake hitting a lot of the points I've been liking.
    Yep. Hit the nail on the head.

I don’t think how good Miles truly is was really realised until Spider-Verse. But he’s just great.

Another point is he’s that new to the job and brings back all that fear and unexpectedness from when Spidey first started. The scene in ITTSV where Miles knows Aaron is Prowler and he’s that shocked and scared that he can’t control his invisibility is fantastic.

So today's issue was a pretty quick one given how action packed it was. All about bringing the heroes of Brooklyn together in a central location. Some quick thoughts:

• So this is the second time Ahmed has leaned back into Bendis' last run with Miles have a hidden angry and violent streak. spoilers:
      what with him giving into his urges and pummeling Ultimate Goblin to the point where his dad had to pull him off of him.
      end of spoilers
    • I really dig Ahmed writes Captain America. Between this and the first arc it feels like this has been his backdoor audition to get to write the book once Coates is off.
    • Since this arc has been all about house cleaning the the continuity issues between Miles' Universe Immigration, I feel like the last major Elephant in the Room is how Jefferson actually has an established History being a SHIELD agent in the 616? That much never made sense when Bendis decided to role with it and he never bothered to explain.
    • And on that note spoilers:
      Now Barbara and Judge know that Jefferson is a former SHIELD agent. Barbara was already suspicious about Miles' double life so I expect that shoe to drop any moment.
      end of spoilers
    • Bombshell and Starling apparently became friends off-panel. Would love to see an arc/one-shot focused on those two at some point.
    • Theory time; I honestly don't think the main Green Goblin here is Ultimate Norman Osborn. His characterization has been so off from the God Complex he had in the original run that I think there's a different character behind the transformation here. I've mentioned wanting him back before, but I'd love it if the Goblin turns out to be Donald Roxxon. I feel like he would be more likely to be subservient to Ultimatum than Norman and he'd finally get what he wanted with the Oz Formula.
    • I really dig Ultimatum and hope he sticks around for the long term. I like his mixture of using Ultimate Tony Stark and Hank Pym's tech.
    On the last point, are you thinking the Ultimate Universe characters are trying to re-merge Miles’ NY back to the Ultimate Universe in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Another point is he’s that new to the job and brings back all that fear and unexpectedness from when Spidey first started. The scene in ITTSV where Miles knows Aaron is Prowler and he’s that shocked and scared that he can’t control his invisibility is fantastic.
    The game does a solid job of capturing a bit of that as well, in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

I find it funny how everyone prefers Aaron as a good guy.

Incredible Member

I still prefer Aaron starting as a complete scumbag before transitioning to being a better person(sure he had to die before making that transition but eh, details). Comic Aaron, Best Aaron.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 11-15-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    On the last point, are you thinking the Ultimate Universe characters are trying to re-merge Miles’ NY back to the Ultimate Universe in this story?
    Yeah, it would be something I'd like to see. I've been advocating for a while that Donald Roxxon gets brought back because I always found him and his arc to be the second most interesting thing about the original Miles Ultimate run (behind Miles' origin story and Prowler.) The Serpent Skull gang from the All-New Ultimates. I get that they were a play-on on the Serpent Society but I think for Miles especially dealing with a meta-human gang could make for an interesting back and forth.

I also do think that the Ultimate Goblin will likely be sticking around past this arc because my theory is it's not actually Norman behind that transformation.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, it would be something I'd like to see. I've been advocating for a while that Donald Roxxon gets brought back because I always found him and his arc to be the second most interesting thing about the original Miles Ultimate run (behind Miles' origin story and Prowler.) The Serpent Skull gang from the All-New Ultimates. I get that they were a play-on on the Serpent Society but I think for Miles especially dealing with a meta-human gang could make for an interesting back and forth.

I also do think that the Ultimate Goblin will likely be sticking around past this arc because my theory is it's not actually Norman behind that transformation.
    Could Miles finally have his own Goblin :P?

spoilers:
    Better Donald than Simon Krieger, in my book.
    end of spoilers