Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

The council should just burn the witch.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Remender seemed to hint in UA that she’s capable of harnessing the life force again to do things like the spell again but it takes time and based on Age of Apocalypse, given that her clone was able to do the ‘No More Mutants’ spell on a small scale, it stands to reason that Wanda could possibly be able to reverse it on small scales at a time.
    Remender had Wanda channel Wonder Man's ionic energy to power a spell that transported all of the mutants to Planet X (which may have been Jupiter? idk)
    A spell of that magnitude used up all of Wonder Man's energy and I think killed him? That whole sequence of events was undone by time travel

So with a sufficient power source she might be able to undo M-Day all at once, but where is she going to find that? She wasted her chance with the Phoenix Force by trying to kill it and failing

BANNED

Theres been nothing post Childrens Crusade to indicate Wanda tried to reverse MDay. She actually argued it shouldnt be reversed and her actions were no big deal. So its really irrelevant whether she could do it, she dont want to and feel she did nothing wrong.

BANNED

So I didn't end up reading some of this mess near the end as it got worse, can someone explain to me exactly what Remender's "Planet X" was? Was that intended to be his X-Men relaunch that got aborted? I thought he was going to put the line on some other planet, not an AU.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Theres been nothing post Childrens Crusade to indicate Wanda tried to reverse MDay. She actually argued it shouldnt be reversed and her actions were no big deal. So its really irrelevant whether she could do it, she dont want to and feel she did nothing wrong.
    It's definitely not irreverent considering that a character's attitude about something can change depending on both who's writing them and what they've gone through since then. If a writer wanted her to think that the sky was plaid, she'd start preaching it like it was a gospel truth.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    So I didn't end up reading some of this mess near the end as it got worse, can someone explain to me exactly what Remender's "Planet X" was? Was that intended to be his X-Men relaunch that got aborted? I thought he was going to put the line on some other planet, not an AU.
    The Uncanny Avengers thing? I think that was separate from the plans he had before he bailed. Probably would have been some cross references, but the relocation was going to be what ended up as Extraordinary, which was a bit later.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm pretty sure Children's Crusade already established that the mutants weren't going to prosecute Wanda for M-Day.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The characters are over it, looooong past it, but the obsessives can't let it go. It's not like this is a popular idea. There aren't even any "X-Men punish Wanda" fanfics.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    ... what is to be done with Wanda?

If she’s made a mutant again, she falls under Krakoan jurisdiction and the right to try her for her many, many crimes

The sentence, however, would be a problem:
    • Executing her means that A) she probably falls into the resurrection protocols, and even if Xavier puts off her resurrection, her anima will probably corrupt Cerebro as surely as it did Vision’s wife, B)the Scarlet Witchcraft (no doubt tainted by Cthon and the Life Force) will pass to Billy
    • Exiling her to the deep runs the fairly obvious problem that Cthon’s already semi-psychotic Avatar/favoured meat-puppet is allowed to even crazier with nothing to do but listen to him (and while otherworld might be brought to heel in Excalibur, Elder Gods are another matter)

So what should be done?
    Wanda? Sentenced? On Krakoa? Wait. Why?

1) Hickman’s made it possible for all her “crimes” to be undone now. Just resurrect all the dead mutants.

2) legitimate evil mutants have been forgiven and invited to Krakoa to live in harmony. BUt Wanda is the only one who should be punished for past crimes?

3) under the right circumstances, Wanda could pull apart Krakoa seed by seed. She isn’t being sentenced by anyone unless she’s feeling like she needs the penance.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The characters are over it, looooong past it, but the obsessives can't let it go. It's not like this is a popular idea. There aren't even any "X-Men punish Wanda" fanfics.
    Fans hold onto things.

For...reasons.*

*Yup, just “reasons”. Not even good ones, half (or more) the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Fans hold onto things.

For...reasons.*

*Yup, just “reasons”. Not even good ones, half (or more) the time.
    In the immortal words of Elsa, let it go.

Emma was right

I haven't read about Wanda beyond X-comics and events. From what I got, she is a pathetic whiner, a loser and weak person in general. Couldn't care less about this waste of hair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    3) under the right circumstances, Wanda could pull apart Krakoa seed by seed. She isn’t being sentenced by anyone unless she’s feeling like she needs the penance.
    If she's so powerful why hasnt she done anything to fix MDay. Regardless of circumstances at the time, a decent person would try to atone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I haven't read about Wanda beyond X-comics and events. From what I got, she is a pathetic whiner, a loser and weak person in general. Couldn't care less about this waste of hair.
    Enter my new favorite poster.

BANNED

Not anyone's fault but your own if you can't broaden your horizons.

::shrug::

Would it be fine for anyone to make an assessment of Emma's character, having only read pre 90's works?

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Not anyone's fault but your own if you can't broaden your horizons.

::shrug::

Would it be fine for anyone to make an assessment of Emma's character, having only read pre 90's works?
    And why should I expand my horizons for the sake of a wretched character? No thanks, you need something more than that to interest me.
    Emma is an X-comic character, you don’t need to read a million comics about the avengers and other crossovers to study her history.

BANNED

And why should I expand my horizons for the sake of a wretched character? No thanks, you need something more than that to interest me.
    Something more...like all the comics you haven't read? What more do you want? LOL

You could just take what her fans say at face value, and just admit that you don't get the character as well. No harm in being neutral on something you're not well-versed on.

Emma is an X-comic character, you don’t need to read a million comics about the avengers and other crossovers to study her history.
    And again...for someone who hasn't read any X-related comics since the late 80's, is it fine for them to view Emma as a psychopathic villain?
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-20-2019 at 07:03 AM.