Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I love Bobbi.

Attachment 89488
    This is such a good character study on her, too. Zub really did his research!

On a shallow note, it's kind of funny that the panel where we all thought she might be flirting with or starting a romance with John Jameson ended up actually being her talking about her ex-husband.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    This is such a good character study on her, too. Zub really did his research!

On a shallow note, it's kind of funny that the panel where we all thought she might be flirting with or starting a romance with John Jameson ended up actually being her talking about her ex-husband.
    I still think that scene comes across as flirty, even with her reference to Clint. Its in the body language.

20191121_191624.jpg

2020 FORCE WORKS #1 (OF 3)

MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)

JUANAN RAMIREZ (A)

COVER BY CARLOS GOMEZ

VARIANT COVER BY BEN OLIVER

VARIANT COVER BY TBA

The eruption of a violent robot revolution threatens all manner of biological life! Teetering on the precipice of extinction, there’s only one man with enough tactical skill, killer instinct and ruthless leadership to lead the rebellion: War Machine! Join War Machine and his elite paramilitary squad (U.S.Agent, Mockingbird, and Quake) in the final crusade for humanity’s fate!

32 pages/Rated T+ …$3.99

https://www.newsarama.com/47955-marv...citations.html

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That's great! Happy to see Mockingbird included in another title. Very excited for this.

I believe Rosenberg is writing Hawkeye as well. Has he said anything about her appearing in that book? He's typically pretty good with interacting with fans on Twitter, and I'm curious if he's mentioned her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's great! Happy to see Mockingbird included in another title. Very excited for this.

I believe Rosenberg is writing Hawkeye as well. Has he said anything about her appearing in that book? He's typically pretty good with interacting with fans on Twitter, and I'm curious if he's mentioned her at all.
    People have been asking him a lot about her showing up in Hawkeye: Freefall, and his answer is always maybe (as opposed to other characters, where he's usually giving a clear yes or no). But today, he tweeted this:

I'm a big Mockingbird fan. I think she is a truly underutilized character. The story I'm telling in HAWKEYE FREEFALL didn't have much room for her, which was a bummer. So I'm happy for this chance to put her in the spotlight.
    So if she does show up, it doesn't look like she'll have a big part.

People have been asking him a lot about her showing up in Hawkeye: Freefall, and his answer is always maybe (as opposed to other characters, where he's usually giving a clear yes or no). But today, he tweeted this:

Oh, okay. Thanks for the info.

Well, at least he's included her in this mini. Looking forward to see how Rosenberg handles Bobbi.

Astonishing Member

"not much room" implies there was some room...so hopefully she'll get at least a brief appearance. Not that I think Bobbi needs to show up every time Clint has a book (and vise versa). I love the two of them together--they are my favourite comic book couple. But It is unhealthy for both of them (especially Mockingbird) to be treated as a package deal rather than independent characters that can stand on their own.

The FORCE WORKS appearance was a delightful surprise though! Assuming she sticks around in AGENTS OF WAKANDA as well, Bobbi could be off to a very good start for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    "not much room" implies there was some room...so hopefully she'll get at least a brief appearance. Not that I think Bobbi needs to show up every time Clint has a book (and vise versa). I love the two of them together--they are my favourite comic book couple. But It is unhealthy for both of them (especially Mockingbird) to be treated as a package deal rather than independent characters that can stand on their own.
    Yeah, I don't think there's any need for Clint to show up in Force Works, but Bobbi should at the very least, be mentioned in Hawkeye: Freefall. I think at least one appearance in each of each other's solos isn't too much. But I've noticed a trend lately that Hawkeye is brought up in every single book Bobbi appears in, and it doesn't seem to go both ways. I know Bobbi isn't as central a character in the Marvel Universe as Clint is (although, one day, fingers crossed!), but she is a central character in his life, as much as he is in hers. Though Rosenberg has used her a few times already and namedropped her even when she didn't appear, so I'm sure she'll get a shoutout at the very least.

I admit that part of the reason I want her to show up is just because I want to see Otto Schmidt drawing her. I love his style.

The FORCE WORKS appearance was a delightful surprise though! Assuming she sticks around in AGENTS OF WAKANDA as well, Bobbi could be off to a very good start for 2020.
    Yes! It's kind of like 2015, except that she was a side character in other people's solos then, which isn't as cool as being part of a team. Hopefully this book does her justice and is a huge success, leading to more visibility for her.

Yeah, I don't think there's any need for Clint to show up in Force Works, but Bobbi should at the very least, be mentioned in Hawkeye: Freefall. I think at least one appearance in each of each other's solos isn't too much. But I've noticed a trend lately that Hawkeye is brought up in every single book Bobbi appears in, and it doesn't seem to go both ways. I know Bobbi isn't as central a character in the Marvel Universe as Clint is (although, one day, fingers crossed!), but she is a central character in his life, as much as he is in hers. Though Rosenberg has used her a few times already and namedropped her even when she didn't appear, so I'm sure she'll get a shoutout at the very least.

I admit that part of the reason I want her to show up is just because I want to see Otto Schmidt drawing her. I love his style.

Yes! It's kind of like 2015, except that she was a side character in other people's solos then, which isn't as cool as being part of a team. Hopefully this book does her justice and is a huge success, leading to more visibility for her.
    That's how I feel as well.

Adrianne showed her support for Force Works:

https://twitter.com/AdriannePalicki/...56932338307072

what are her wings for now? I remember when she had the loose sleeves.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I think that's still the Parker Industries-manufactured wing-suit that combines metal and energy wings. Amazing that it shouldered on even after Pete's company collapsed, though I wonder who does maintenance for it now.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Looking forward to see how Rosenberg handles Bobbi.
    We've already had a brief sample -- she guest starred (alongside Hawkeye, Black Widow and Winter Solider) in an issue of his PUNISHER run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I think that's still the Parker Industries-manufactured wing-suit that combines metal and energy wings. Amazing that it shouldered on even after Pete's company collapsed, though I wonder who does maintenance for it now.
    She knows Pete...so if it needs a tune up she can just call him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    We've already had a brief sample -- she guest starred (alongside Hawkeye, Black Widow and Winter Solider) in an issue of his PUNISHER run.
    As well as a guest appearance in his Secret Warriors, where she and Daisy get a few lines together.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    She knows Pete...so if it needs a tune up she can just call him.
    That's assuming she has an up to date phone number. Peter probably had to buy a new phone, as the one he had previously was probably WebWare, which means it'd be bricked.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman