Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So when is this supposed to be set, anyway?

AFAIK, Kitty is (presumed) dead, at the moment, over in Marauders, and Pyro has had a skull tattoo on his face for at least four issues now, and yet in his three facing-forward appearances in FFvX, he's got no tattoo.

Is it set before the tattoo and Kitty (presumptive) drownination? Or after (with said tattoo having been removed for some reason, and Kitty being either resurrected or having survived the presumptive death)?

Or the tattoo thing could just be the artist not doing the research. Kitty's not wearing her Marauders garb, with the red scarf and bare hands to show off *her* new tats, as well.
    This.
    This is my sole grievance with the issue.

Well, no. I apologize. I'm not a big Dodson fan, but I will say he did some pretty good panels/emotional stuff with this issue.

But overall I felt that everything was really well done and fell appropriately in line with all the characters current status quo's.

BANNED

dodson's valeria is such a cute babbo

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In story where people are pointing to X-men as the "villians"or "Bad guys". It is reasonable to point out who is the aggressor in the situation and it wasn't the X-men. We aren't really disagreeing they are certain things that are "wrong" and most people will be fine it. Every time I see a Nazi/White supremacist get punched I am fine with it, I am perfectly fine with any reaction that is in the protection of your family. That doesn't mean it is right and that doesn't mean person can't be one the at fault even if they are doing most people think is generally accept thing. You run up and punch a Nazi you are going to jail for assault, You punch a person for calling you a n-word you are going to jail for assault. Sue was wrong to attack Magneto and she escalated the situation into something where it got out of control. She is the rational adult. Magneto was just being Magneto.Which brings us back to point I can't bring up enough. Why is Magneto there

1. HoX 1- Magneto acting as Krakoa ambassador in Xavier place and has the power to speak for Krakoa
    2. X-men 4(I believe). Magneto,Apocc and Xavier are representative of Krakoa, Magneto the power to speak for Krakoa
    3. X-men/FF Magneto is brought along as an ambassador to convince the Richards to hand over their son
    But is not a valid excuse, Magneto doesnt have 5 years old, this people are not antagonist to the X-Men, it makes 0 sense for him and the rest.

Even with his past, for me this is out of character even with his arrogance, he is not stupid.

Honestly, this makes me dislike team-ups, when it shouldnt be, this miniseries doesnt need drama figths, i would rather see characterization and development.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 02-06-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    But is not a valid excuse, Magneto doesnt have 5 years old, this people are not antagonist to the X-Men, it makes 0 sense for him and the rest.
    Magneto's child was burned alive.

My biggest question is will they fight each other again? I kind of hope not and that they team up against a real threat (likely Doom or Sinister).

But I would like to see a fight between Johnny and Bobby without early interruption.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    You're right. Who's morally better is irrelevant, and not my point. The point is that the F4 trust Doom with their child more because (when written consistently) he will die to keep Val safe if it came to it, cuz she's the closest thing to family he's got and he values her to the point changing how he acts around other (to an extent). Even if Doom is insanely dangerous, they know that danger he poses will be turned on anything that puts Val in danger.

The X-Men have freaking Sinister and Apocalypse making government decisions. Like come on. You think Reed wants Sinister getting his son's DNA? He doesn't trust them around his children, the way he knows Doom will treat Val like a spoiled niece.
    when written consistently, Doom only acts in Doom's interests. when he defends other people he's really just claiming them as property ex. the latverians or valeria (who he used to magically spy on the fantastic four before sending them all to hell).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    As I said before, Reed is always trying to make Doom, Mad Thinker, Wizard and all those become good and use their intelligence for good. Why would he resent Xavier for getting it with Sinister and Apocalypse?

5-year-old Valeria living in Latveria with only Doom supervising her is much worse than 15-year-old Franklin living in Krakoa with Xavier and Magneto being shady but having positive influences like Jean, Nightcrawler or Storm.

The fact that they rely more on their five-year-old daughter's criteria, however superintelligent she is, only shows that they don't trust Franklin. With the best of intentions, I don't doubt it.
    ^agreed on all counts

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Sinister, Apocalypse, and Sebastian Shaw have collectively killed more people than Doom has ever met.
    you are ill-informed and apparently didn't read Millar's Fantastic Four run. Doom is a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you are ill-informed and apparently didn't read Millar's Fantastic Four run. Doom is a monster.
    It’s Millar, so of course everyone is a psycho mass murderer and rapist.

The whole mutant thing is survival at all costs. They take an insular view of the world and are very political. The FF are cosmic explorers and apolitical. They're always seeking the next big discovery. It just feels like the krakoans are living in a small world and they want to drag Franklin down with them. If he's never known prejudice or persecution, then his parents are doing a fantastic job.
    they are simply benefactors of privilege.

I thought she attacked him because he was acting like an ass. There's no moral quandry here. Sue Storm is one of the best moms in fiction period. Magneto is the biggest failure of a father, period. Her kids love her, his kids hate him. When she talks, he needs to listen.
    every obsessive violence act committed by the police began with perceived disrespect from the victim. sure you want to use this to excuse Sue? she let Magneto trigger her. and i find your description of him as a failed father to be highly insensitive. when your kid is burned alive by an angry mob, you'll have room to talk. his chance to be a father was stolen from him.

BANNED

and also xavier and mags recruiting those villains has bore actual fruit: to protect mutants and keep the humans safe from said villains, what has reed acomplished each time he triest to redeem a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It’s Millar, so of course everyone is a psycho mass murderer and rapist.
    it's still canon. he even murdered Susan Storm in this story. defend that Sue fans.

BANNED

I thought she attacked him because he was acting like an ass. There's no moral quandry here. Sue Storm is one of the best moms in fiction period. Magneto is the biggest failure of a father, period. Her kids love her, his kids hate him. When she talks, he needs to listen.
    lorna doesnt hate him and shes his only living kid? if anya was brougt back shed probably also love him

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Sinister built his database for an ultimate good cause too, which was bringing mutants back from the dead. In practice he's already better than Doom, with that logic.
    I'm sorry... what?

Sinister did not build his Database for mutant kind. Xavier tabled him a deal and he was like "Sure, why not." while promptly going behind Xavier's back (tohugh to be fair Xavier did try to psychic whammy him).

This is really conflating what Sinister does and for who. In the list of Terrible people, Sinister is right at the top with almost no exception. That man is almost Red Skull levels of evil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and also xavier and mags recruiting those villains has bore actual fruit: to protect mutants and keep the humans safe from said villains, what has reed acomplished each time he triest to redeem a villain?
    Well, there’s been a dramatic drop in times Namor has drowned New York since Reed turned his eyes from the blindingly obvious