Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That...is not true.
    spoilers:
    In the intro they set up Surtur.He is used to win in the end. Before that Thor hits hela with what he called the biggest bolt of lighting ever and shes back at it 30secs later. Thor didnt beat Hela Surtur did and we dont even know if shes dead. Just that asgard is gone
    end of spoilers

as a comic book fan you should be aware of the odin force. to normal audience it was hinted with the thor/odin mesh-ups.
    the end to me is kinda like return of the jedi. thor has matured and let go of the conflict.
    even calling hulk off.
    guess they´ll be happy settleing in kansas (for a while)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Id put Vulture up there too above Ultron.
    I think Vulture was a lot more menacing then Ultron ended up being.

Although I guess it helped that Spider-Man was incapable of going toe-to-toe with him directly while most of The Avengers were able to reasonably take on Ultron (even in his upgraded body).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Vulture was a lot more menacing then Ultron ended up being.
    Plus One.

/10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Before that Thor hits hela with what he called the biggest bolt of lighting ever
    Without ever really explaining what the hammer is or what his abilities are without it. Much like what they did with WW's bracelets.

i think it is unfair to compare the bracelets to mjöllnir.
    the hammer was subject to many scenes in many movies. bracelets? she just has them. maybe explored in further movies. better comparison would have been the lasso of truth.
    asgardians are badass. even those without a hammer forged out of the heart of a dying star.
    what bugged me most in t3 is that thor (and others) did´t knew about his sister. they have been around for thousands of years and nobody ever mentioned this psycho-sister?
    imho it would have been better with hela just rebeling due to odin´s current lack of leadership
    Last edited by abulafia; 11-04-2017 at 08:42 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

The climax of the film also fell victim to what I thought was one of the major failings of Wonder Woman. The hero didn't defeat the villain thanks to some plot development that had been foreshadowed earlier in the film, or e3ven thanks to a mistake of the villain's. The hero just got stronger for no discernible reason, and gained powers not previously hinted at. Instead of losing to a villain who clearly had dominating force over them, they just inexplicably started winning. It was emotionless and lazy. And uninspiring. Huge letdown. For me it was easily the worst Thor movie. Easily the worst Marvel movie. I'll never watch a Marvel flick from this director again, I think.
    I'm just really annoyed at how Cate Blanchett and Hela were (or weren't) used in this movie.

Marvel absolutely sucks at villains. Thanos better kick some ass and at least kill someone.
    Last edited by HaveAtThee; 11-04-2017 at 08:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    i think it is unfair to compare the bracelets to mjöllnir.
    the hammer was subject to many scenes in many movies. bracelets? she just has them. maybe explored in further movies. better comparison would have been the lasso of truth
    The lasso is another good example, but in both cases they just started suddenly doing things that there was no previous indication they could do.

Without ever really explaining what the hammer is or what his abilities are without it. Much like what they did with WW's bracelets.
    Mjolnir isn't the source of his power, he is. Mjolnir just helps him harness and focus his abilities. I'm almost 100% sure it was addressed in the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Mjolnir isn't the source of his power, he is. Mjolnir just helps him harness and focus his abilities. I'm almost 100% sure it was addressed in the movie.
    Yes, in the last 10 minutes

mhhh, no? more like the entire opening arc? notice how awesomely thor uses his hammer in the opening squence? it is a blunt act of castration (which korg actually jokes about) and thor´s arc is about being not reliant to his tool.
    which was my biggest surprise with this movie. will thor be left without a hammer in the future? since we alrdy seen the destruction in the trailer.
    reforge at the end would be very cliche, so it was a good choice not to go there (yet)
    Last edited by abulafia; 11-04-2017 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    mhhh, no? more like the entire opening arc? notice how awesomely thor uses his hammer in the opening squence? it is a blunt act of castration (which korg actually jokes about) and thor´s arc is about being not reliant to his tool
    mmmhh no? Not even remotely.

I would imagine losing a weapon you were accustomed to wielding and having it making you feel invincible would be jarring. And we're talking about a person who's over 1,000 years old (MCU time) Not surprised that it would take Thor some time to channel his innate elemental power. It's actually, IMO, one of the few things the script gets right.

i don´t get your point. thor copeing with the loss of mjollnir was a huge part of the story.
    what did you expect? thor stating with mjjöllnir he was 120 tons lifter, now without he is just 100 tons?

he is the god of thunder. gloves, hammer and belt just add to the mythology. maybe underlining the dire threats of a certain story. hammer is just a storytelling device. graphic and mechanically. i think you are aiming into biological webbing territory, but since mjöllnir is a magic device to start with, i don´t see the point. everything we need to know about it has been adressed. leave some space to imagination.
    Last edited by abulafia; 11-04-2017 at 09:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I would imagine losing a weapon you were accustomed to wielding and having it making you feel invincible would be jarring. And we're talking about a person who's over 1,000 years old (MCU time) Not surprised that it would take Thor some time to channel his innate elemental power. It's actually, IMO, one of the few things the script gets right.
    I wouldn't have a problem with it if the script had hinted at it earlier, making it a natural plot progression. But they just sort of thrust it in there with no warning. It's bad storytelling.