Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1570

I think the las thing the Titans need is to go back to Lobdell. It would just feel like more back-tracking and DC putting Lobdell back on the book would show off their lack of actual commitment or investment in the property.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

What the Titans franchise needs an A-level visionary writer. Looking at what Hickman is doing with the X-men (so far) and what Bendis hopes(And I do mean hope) to achieve with the Los, is what they need. No more simple writers doing their basic run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    What the Titans franchise needs an A-level visionary writer. Looking at what Hickman is doing with the X-men (so far) and what Bendis hopes(And I do mean hope) to achieve with the Los, is what they need. No more simple writers doing their basic run.
    A simple run with no focus on the usual Titans tropes(betrayal or a team member gets killed off for shock value)might actually be what the Titans need.Especially if the characters who need it get retooled.

Why all this talk about another crisis? It's looking like the current Teen Titans book is wrapping up, so it'll be relaunching sooner than that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Re-Reading Johns run again and man am I still as in love with it as I was when I was a kid.

Recent events have made me appreciate this whole conflict now more than I ever have before. And it was already up there as one of my favorite comic fights. This right here. Is how it should have gone when the League came in and made the Titans disband. It's like Vic said: "The Titans aren't under your jurisdiction!"

The fact that these younger Titans in 2003 understood that better than the adults in 2019 is both astounding and depressing. The funny part is, Dick ends up being the voice of reason back then, when today, the Titans buckling under the League's pressure was his fault. Funny how time and reboots change people XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Re-Reading Johns run again and man am I still as in love with it as I was when I was a kid.

Recent events have made me appreciate this whole conflict now more than I ever have before. And it was already up there as one of my favorite comic fights. This right here. Is how it should have gone when the League came in and made the Titans disband. It's like Vic said: "The Titans aren't under your jurisdiction!"

The fact that these younger Titans in 2003 understood that better than the adults in 2019 is both astounding and depressing. The funny part is, Dick ends up being the voice of reason back then, when today, the Titans buckling under the League's pressure was his fault. Funny how time and reboots change people XD
    I know a lot of people give Johns' run flack for the characterization of the members but I think the premise and approach to the material in his run is what's been lacking from the books for so long.

He treated the Titans as their own, major, team with a long and storied history and not subservient to the Justice League.

Ironically enough it was also probably the last time a really major writer wrote the Titans.

I might be biased because it was my introduction to a lot of these characters but I'm in the minority that loves what Johns did with them. Even after going back and reading the old Young Justice, I loved it, but I still loved who they all grew into.

To me, that scene has the opposite problem in that it's the Titans who are being unsympathetic. All Diana wanted to do was take Cassie home because her mom was worried about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Guys - I had a sudden realization. I know that no one is going to be on board with this at first, but hear me out: Lobdell should be the one to reboot the Titans next.

He writes Wally incredibly well, writes a good Kori (even during the first five issues of RHATO when she was going through her denial phase), wrote the best Roy Harper that we've seen this side of Cry For Justice, has a fondness for close-knit team structures, isn't afraid to create new characters and concepts, knows how to write Amazon characters well, has made lemonade out of lemons with the Ric Grayson situation in Nightwing, and he understands how to write a compelling and interesting team back.

Lobdell for Titans after the next Crisis, please.
    I don't think I've disagreed with a post more on this whole site in the 8 years I've been on here. Like every point I feel the complete opposite about.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Guys - I had a sudden realization. I know that no one is going to be on board with this at first, but hear me out: Lobdell should be the one to reboot the Titans next.

He writes Wally incredibly well, writes a good Kori (even during the first five issues of RHATO when she was going through her denial phase), wrote the best Roy Harper that we've seen this side of Cry For Justice, has a fondness for close-knit team structures, isn't afraid to create new characters and concepts, knows how to write Amazon characters well, has made lemonade out of lemons with the Ric Grayson situation in Nightwing, and he understands how to write a compelling and interesting team back.

Lobdell for Titans after the next Crisis, please.
    I disagree on him writing Roy well and the only Amazon he seemed to have a good handle on was Artemis. The rest I can agree on.

I'd much prefer Lobdell cement the Outlaws as a real, long term team, centered around Red Hood, Artemis, Bizarro and a rotating cast of other misfits. If only because he'd be a lot freer to go crazy with such a team than with an old and venerable institution as the Titans.

But I also think that Damian should forge his own team, distinct from the Teen Titans name at this point, so I may be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To me, that scene has the opposite problem in that it's the Titans who are being unsympathetic. All Diana wanted to do was take Cassie home because her mom was worried about her.
    Diana's heart was in the right place....kinda. and she explained herself better, after the fact. The problem was how she went about doing what she did. She wasn't trying to take Cassie home. She was trying to make her come home. Couple that with the fact that she never even planned on giving Cassie a choice about joining the team (she had refused to pass along Kory's invitation to her) and I can't help but feel like she was more unsympathetic than the Titans. She was trying to help Cassie but she was also trying to control her.

Should Kory have thrown the first punch? No. But I'm glad she did. I love seeing the Titans stand their ground when the League looks down on them.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-27-2019 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Diana's heart was in the right place....kinda. and she explained herself better, after the fact. The problem was how she went about doing what she did. She wasn't trying to take Cassie home. She was trying to make her come home. Couple that with the fact that she never even planned on giving Cassie a choice about joining the team (she had refused to pass along Kory's invitation to her) and I can't help but feel like she was more unsympathetic than the Titans. She was trying to help Cassie but she was also trying to control her.
    Yeah but Kory, one of the Titans, is the one who starts the fight. And worse, she compares the situation to when she was sold into slavery, which no matter how you may feel about the way Diana conducted herself, is a false equivalency.

And again, Cassie's mom wanted Cassie to come home. That's something I think should trump whatever indignation Kory feels here and none of the Titans seemed to care about that.

Tooooooo be fair, Diana never said her mom wanted her to come home. Just that her mom was worried because she left without saying a word to her. Diana was the one who kept telling Cassie to go home. Diana was the one trying to talk Cassie out of being a Titan by telling her she should just train on Themyscira with Artemis. Considering she backed down on the matter once things settled, I'm pretty sure this had less to do with Cassie's mom and more to do with Diana just not wanting her there to begin with. This wasn't just "You can come back after you go home and let your mom know you're not dead". She never even wanted to give Cassie the opportunity to be a Titan (which isn't really her call to make). Hence her refusing to even pass on Kory's invite.

And yes, Kory did not handle the situation correctly (as I had already said). Though tooooo be fair again, you could say Diana casually chucking Superboy across the island was her throwing the first punch. Whether that's survivable for him or not, it's still an assault :P
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-27-2019 at 06:17 AM.

I don't think it's surprising that the Teen Titans would support the teen and not the adult...