Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

The Dodgers bullpen "strategy" last night is why I love these back to back games. I mean, what better way to test a team's mettle? I the regular types of years, we see the same starting pitchers over and over, with maybe one of the off guys stuck in there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

And we are back. I don't really know why they needed a day off. Seems silly, but whatever.

Game 3! All tied up at one a piece.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Was not even a contest tonight. Dodgers controlled everything.

I'm just wanting the World Series to end for one reason; I want to know the future of minor league baseball because I'm very concerned, and want the uncertainty to be done with. They already eliminated the Appalachian League by turning it into a collegiate wooden bat league before the playoffs started, but we won't know the rest of their plans until after the Commissioner's Trophy is hoisted.

Extraordinary Member

Well that was a Dodgers' statement if ever I saw one. Barnes was only the second player in MLB history evidently to hit a sac bunt and a HR in a single Series game, Buehler was the first to get 10 Ks in under six in a Series. Turner had a great night both ways, making his case I suspect for the Dodgers to retain him next season when he's a free agent. Considering last night's HR gave him a tie for the all-time team post season lead...and the fact that these days he's about as close as it gets to being Mr. Dodger, (yeah, that's still Steve Garvey, but among active players), I hope the Dodgers do the right thing and pay the man what he's asking. That...or he moves down the road to help the Angels out. Yeah, what they need most is pitching...any kind of pitching, and I'd rather see them pick up the available battery of Bauer and JT, but they can also use good hitting.

What a boring game. That's all I have to say about it.

Extraordinary Member

I have never had a World Series game, (or obviously any other baseball game), to watch on my birthday, so I just hope tonight's game is a near perfect one. I don't even care who wins, I'm good with either so long as the game is great.

Extraordinary Member

Justin Turner becomes the first player in MLB history to hit solo first inning home runs (two strikes each IIRC), in back to back world series games. Dodgers lead 1-0. Bellinger is DHing because his back was tight.

Extraordinary Member

Easily the best Series game this year, and likely the best postseason game. I've never seen that ending before. Rays tie it 2-2 in the final out with the Dodger making the most entertaining double error, (I actually thought it was three errors, including Muncy's throw, which was offline to the wrong side. The Dodgers, as they do, found a way to lose. It would be so funny if Ji-Man Choi got a ring before Kershaw. Great game!

That was not a boring game!!

Best take on Game 4:

"If they lose this World Series after the way the ending of Game 4 went, the Dodgers should consider just changing their logo to a Heimlich maneuver instructional sign, because they choke bad enough to warrant it."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Best take on Game 4:

"If they lose this World Series after the way the ending of Game 4 went, the Dodgers should consider just changing their logo to a Heimlich maneuver instructional sign, because they choke bad enough to warrant it."
    Yeah, the Dodgers should've put a death grip on game four, taking a 3-1 lead, instead, they put that grip on themselves.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Best take on Game 4:

Absolutely! The Dodgers as chokers is long established, but if they lose this Series, I think they've gone into the choking hall of fame...

Extraordinary Member

As soon as they put Jansen on, I said, "That's it, the Dodgers have lost this one," to my brother. I was right. Honestly, I think it's time for him to face it; he just shouldn't even be playing given his health issues, and his stuff has just gotten out of hand. Time to call it a career IMO before he kills himself and while he still has some dignity left. That said, the Dodgers seem to be missing Ryu now, don't they? Why they let him get away I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Absolutely! The Dodgers as chokers is long established, but if they lose this Series, I think they've gone into the choking hall of fame...
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    As soon as they put Jansen on, I said, "That's it, the Dodgers have lost this one," to my brother. I was right. Honestly, I think it's time for him to face it; he just shouldn't even be playing given his health issues, and his stuff has just gotten out of hand. Time to call it a career IMO before he kills himself and while he still has some dignity left. That said, the Dodgers seem to be missing Ryu now, don't they? Why they let him get away I'll never know.
    That might be remembered as their "Buckner play"... except they have 2-3 guys playing the part of Bill Buckner in it instead of one poor guy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

That might be remembered as their "Buckner play"... except they have 2-3 guys playing the part of Bill Buckner in it instead of one poor guy.
    I love it, the Rays were explaining why they were succeeding, (by having everyone on the team contribute in a positive way. But the Dodgers...have a twist on that evidently; everyone pulls together to lose. If they lose this one, their players are never going to live it down. And I don't see how Roberts can continue on after doing the "close, but no cigar" thing so many times. Yeah, they've won a lot of games over that last decade and a bit, but not a single game that mattered; not the only thing that matters in baseball, the title itself. For a team that good to be that...bad is remarkable. If they lose, maybe Justin Turner will want to leave.