Page 54 of 247 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    The same way you view Bats and cat is the same way the shippers of Scott and Emma view that relationship.
    For me and this is my opinion, I don't want to read what my heros do in the bedroom, if i wanted to read what kinky stuff ppl do in the bedroom i would read 50 shades.....

What is so bad about a marriage that is boring but at the end of they day they have each other.

Like I said Jean and Scott are called boring for being real and in so many levels they ha friendship and love together.
    Scott and Emma was a great relationship. Not quite sure it was true love, but they did make each other better.

Also I never said Jean and Scott weren't true love, because I think it was(at least before the Phoenix), I said it was boring. Which I think is very difficult to argue against. My whole point was that true love doesn't HAVE to be boring.
    Last edited by TheForbiddenOne; 12-07-2017 at 03:11 PM.

The same way you view Bats and cat is the same way the shippers of Scott and Emma view that relationship.
    For me and this is my opinion, I don't want to read what my heros do in the bedroom, if i wanted to read what kinky stuff ppl do in the bedroom i would read 50 shades.....

What is so bad about a marriage that is boring but at the end of they day they have each other.

Like I said Jean and Scott are called boring for being real and in so many levels they ha friendship and love together.
    I have to agree. I think this is even more true in the context of superhero comics. When your professional life is as chaotic and risky as the X-Men's having a simple and stable personal life almost seems like a requirement to maintain one's sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Scott and Emma was a great relationship. Not quite sure it was true love, but they did make each other better.

Also I never said Jean and Scott weren't true love, because I think it was(at least before the Phoenix), I said it was boring. Which I think is very difficult to argue against. My hole point was that true love doesn't HAVE to be boring.
    I never get the description of boring: Anything that is tender and not oversexualized people think is boring.

emma and scott was very sexual, but I think Emma just made Cyclops worse. He went on a down spiral. Jean would never let it happen

Batman was designed to be loner character and the majority of writers have embraced that design so I understand why you'd feel he works better without her that has no bearing on whether or not it is true love though. I'll stand my point that this relationship is far truer than something as flacid as Sups and Lois
    Superman and Lois complete each other. Batman is complete with his sidekicks robins and batgirls and alfred. Selina is just a temptation for him.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-07-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I never get the description of boring: Anything that is tender and not oversexualized people think is boring.

emma and scott was very sexual, but I think Emma just made Cyclops worse. He went on a down spiral. Jean would never let it happen
    Tenderness in and of it self doesn't make a relationship boring just as sexualization doesn't make a relationship interesting. There are all parts of a whole. For example the UXF Betsy and Warren relationship was fantastic depsite there being a lot of tenderness.

I swear people have this idealized unrealistic image of Jean. The last thing Jean did before she died is let it happened. He had a nervous breakdown and the apolcypse merger broke down all of perceptions of self and despite Jean being a telepath she didn't lift a finger to help him. Thats how the whole thing with him and Emma even started. Jean held Cyclops back while Emma propped him up and he balanced her. It was pretty incredible.

Also I never said Jean and Scott weren't true love, because I think it was(at least before the Phoenix), I said it was boring. Which I think is very difficult to argue against. My hole point was that true love doesn't HAVE to be boring.
    What's your definition of boring? Is it that one partner keeps dying over and over? Is it that when she comes back the other partner has gone and married someone else and had a baby with her and you somehow have to get past that? Is it that you're forced to get over one trauma after another together? Is it that you've litterally saved the universe together (Phoenix Saga). Is it that your future wife visited you in your dreams before you ever met her? Maybe it's that even after Jean died, neither one of them truly let go.

Maybe part of the problem is that Scott and Jean were character concepts based on classic 60's archtypes that never truly evolved much beyond those beginnings while they were a couple. Jean is chaste and modest (as X-Ladies go) and Scott is awkward and lacks any sort of communication skills in his personal life and that never really went away completely.

BANNED

Tenderness in and of it self doesn't make a relationship boring just as sexualization doesn't make a relationship interesting. There are all parts of a whole. For example the UXF Betsy and Warren relationship was fantastic depsite there being a lot of tenderness.

I swear people have this idealized unrealistic image of Jean. The last thing Jean did before she died is let it happened. He had a nervous breakdown and the apolcypse merger broke down all of perceptions of self and despite Jean being a telepath she didn't lift a finger to help him. Thats how the whole thing with him and Emma even started. Jean held Cyclops back while Emma propped him up and he balanced her. It was pretty incredible.
    Fake news. I agree with you on Warren and Betsy thouhgh.

Though you have your opinions and we have ours please note that this is Jean and Scott Appreciation.
    I feel like you are bating us into a argument and seeing as I am a Cyke fan using Cyke to get a point across to make it work.

Sorry I love Jott the same way that I like Cyke. Batman was my main hero just right before rebirth now he is not even in my top ten.... Sups is still in my top 5 lol so that is saying something as I am not a Lois and Sups fan but SM and WW. Even if I not a fan of Lois and Sups I can never say their love is not so real or is boring. Bat's I never ship him with no one.

As for Cyke and his personal brake down what Emma did was take advantage of a person in need of help just to troll the red head. Jean help Scott lots of time, She didn't let him die when he had a bomb in him. She left the x men to help him heal and stuff.

BANNED

True love is only boring when the partners are boring and that is way too often. Its why Reed and Sue Richards are boring but Batman and Catwoman are so fun.
    Jean and Scott were super boring. Adding the Phoenix to Jean, throwing Wolverine in the mix and the apocalypse merger were all attempts to make the relationship more interesting. To the writers' credit however for the most part it worked.
    Lol, I don't see why you're in this thread then if you believe that.

Maybe they should get maddie some redemption. she deserves it more than likes of Magneto and Emma...
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Probably true. The fact that she's essentially Jean for all intents and purpose (except the fake memories Sinister gave her) makes this a difficult and confusing narrative.
    This too.

Batman and Catwoman never seemed true love for me. It's all points down to lust and not real love
    I much preferred Batman and Talia. They are endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Fake news. I agree with you on Warren and Betsy thouhgh.
    In other news look at the preview of x men blue 17
    see if u can find what I just found. Kind of made my day lol

BANNED

Yes, writing novels is not as easy as this but many elements are similar such as constructing a convincing narrative and supporting it with the right amount of detail to get your point across. I've come to appreciate being opinionated and unapologetic from my mother who wins all the awards there but I find it's a relatively common trait among good authors as well.

Thanks for the kinds words. My terribly boring day job writing business communications and proposals is partly responsible for some of my more diplomatic spin but I also find that my opinions are better served when the audience is willing to keep it's ears open. Of course I've had far more luck convincing senior executives to hear me out than I have trying to change anyone's opinions around her about much, but that's to be expected. The worst are incapable of understanding and the best are too stubborn .

Also since we're in the Jott forum and I don't need a rehash of our last twenty posts getting deleted I'll just say, I love Jott.
    Haha, I can't tell if you have good feelings towards your mother for that or not.

I understand what you mean about how most things work better if you don't turn away the audience. There comes a limit though at the amount of sexism, racism, ableism, etc. that one can endure though. I'm glad that you've been far more successful at your job than here anyway lol. That's what really matters, and I'd argue that this place is far tougher crowd hahaha.

BANNED

I looked at it, but nothing jumped out at me...

It's pretty subtle though but yes I saw it on the last page.

I'm glad Jeen's growing her hair out. She slowly starting to look like Maddie though. Also I think she's shrunk about 3 or 4 inches.

Haha, I can't tell if you have good feelings towards your mother for that or not.

I understand what you mean about how most things work better if you don't turn away the audience. There comes a limit though at the amount of sexism, racism, ableism, etc. that one can endure though. I'm glad that you've been far more successful at your job than here anyway lol. That's what really matters, and I'd argue that this place is far tougher crowd hahaha.
    It's my Mom so of course I love her. She's just a very formidable women.

My job pays the bills so yes, success there is helpful. Success here is measured by a different standard entirely.

I had to actually Google ableism. That's a realitively new one. I consider my approach to be more of a semi-passive resistance rather than a full on assualt on other people's opinions. Your way works for you but wouldn't for me and I suspect vice versa. If we have exactly the same views we could be good cop\bad cop but what would be the fun of that?

It's pretty subtle though but yes I saw it on the last page.

I'm glad Jeen's growing her hair out. She slowly starting to look like Maddie though. Also I think she's shrunk about 3 or 4 inches.
    It is but he is holding on to her not near bloodstorm so yeah that is something. Lets wait and see if they show more.

I like her with short hair she looks more young like that but not too young. I love her with long hair too mix feelings lol

I looked at it, but nothing jumped out at me...
    he is holding on to bloodstorm.....

lol i kid