Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bron View Post
    "Great Scott! Is that... a TREE? You're not one of the ghosts of the Twin Pines, are you???"

He looked at Emmeline. "That must be some kind of whiskey you have here!"
    "I AM GROOT!"

"Now, now. He's still recovering, Groot. Let's give him a pass on that."

Peter turns back to Doc Brown.

"My pal doesn't like getting referred to as a tree. Not your fault. His name's Groot. I'm Peter Quill."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quill and Groot View Post
    "I AM GROOT!"

"Now, now. He's still recovering, Groot. Let's give him a pass on that."

Peter turns back to Doc Brown.

"My pal doesn't like getting referred to as a tree. Not your fault. His name's Groot. I'm Peter Quill."
    "Fascinating", Doc whispered to himself.

After a few seconds looking at the pair, he thought to himself, "now I know how George McFly felt, being awakened by Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan in 1955".

"I'm Doctor Emmett Brown. Forgive me for asking, but where are you two from?", Doc Brown asked.
    Last edited by Wedge Antilles; 07-28-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Parker View Post
    A rather unmanly whine was heard from Peter. "Aw Aunt Maaaaay! MJ's just been feeling under the weather is all, least that's what she told me" he'd say, throwing his hands up in a shrug.
    "You sure she's not standin' in front of a mirror quotin' Shakespeare?" Aunt May asked drily. "If she really wants to be an actress, she's gotta learn some discipline." But the severity of the old woman's tone was belied by the twinkle in her eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    The Captain whispers out of the side of his mouth.

"It's okay. I've got a tab."

He runs his fingers along the bar grabbing an idle bottle in the corner and sneakily stuffing it into his coat. With a raised hand he gestured to Mal Reynolds behind the bar.

"How you doing? Frank Castle. Couple of glasses of whiskey for myself, the fella in the gas mask and the big guy."
    "Your 'tab' outran my forebearance last time you were here," retorted May Parker, deftly retrieving the bottle from under the Captain's coat. Placing a bowl of stew in front of Mal, she said, "You've done your fair share of work, and I thank you, Mister. You want whiskey, beer or sarsparilla?" She then turned to the other would-be freeloaders and said, "Anyone else wanta earn their food and drink, there's dishes that need washin' and a floor that needs sweepin'."

"By the way, anybody who ignored my request to leave their weapons outside can just put them in this here box 'til you're ready to pay up and leave," May added, pulling out the box and her shotgun from behind the bar. "Peter, I'm countin' on you as deputy to keep the peace."
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-28-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppile View Post
    Gyro was caught of guard. How did she know what he was thinking. By instinct, his face went red like a child caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

"What, huh? You and me dance? Really? You'd think I'd like that?"

"Well," Emmeline Frost-Summers pondered out loud, "you seemed a bit jealous watching me and the Doctor dancing".

"And your face is redder than... my late husband's eyes."

She thought again of Scott. About how even after years of living together and a brief time married, there was still a regret between them... of things left undone, of words left unsaid.

"Where did all that confidence go to? Tell you what, young man," she forcefully said, "I know the torture of regrets all too well, and I'll save you from one of them."

She took his hand and led Gyro on what could best be described as a broken square dance. Emmeline repeated what Doctor Brown did a few minutes ago, and she read Doc's mind for the rest. His mind was still hazy from the whiskey, and that combined with Emmeline's limited dancing skills led to an awkward dance through one song.

"No regrets, I hope?" Emmeline remarked to Gyro as she went back to the bar.

"May!" Emmeline shouted. "Or the new guy. A glass of water for me this time please!"
    Last edited by Mari; 07-28-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    She then turned to the other would-be freeloaders and said, "Anyone else wanta earn their food and drink, there's dishes that need washin' and a floor that needs sweepin'."
    Without opening his eyes, Mordru snapped his fingers. Immediately, the brooms around May began to sweep on their own. Within minutes, the floor was spotless."A platter of your finest delicacies if you would." he said holding out his hands. His eyes remained closed.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 07-28-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    A capable young man with a hardy look to him moseyed over to take his request. How hadn't he noticed him? Was age finally catching up?

"Oh, US. Great Lakes area. Travelled around a bit since then though. Yourself?"

He thanked Malcolm for the water.
    I ain't been a young man in a long time son.

But to answer your question I fly around doin odd jobs here and there and every thing in 'tween. Got a print of it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    She took both drinks and before walking away from the bar, she remarked "It may be the drinks getting to me but I can't recall your name."

"And if you're adventurous, I'll try to guess it later without you telling me."
    ​Used to fly with a telepath. Wasn't quite all there though. You're much more...wholesome by the looks of it. So you're power's back I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Placing a bowl of stew in front of Mal, she said, "You've done your fair share of work, and I thank you, Mister. You want whiskey, beer or sarsparilla?" She then turned to the other would-be freeloaders and said, "Anyone else wanta earn their food and drink, there's dishes that need washin' and a floor that needs sweepin'."
    "I'll take a beer, got any dark ones?"
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 07-28-2014 at 06:36 PM.

After dancing with Emmeline, Gyro would have goofy smirk on his face,

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    "You sure she's not standin' in front of a mirror quotin' Shakespeare?" Aunt May asked drily. "If she really wants to be an actress, she's gotta learn some discipline." But the severity of the old woman's tone was belied by the twinkle in her eyes.
    "I don't think you understand the plight of an artist. I for one have written a song. I'd been looking for feedback on it. Would you all mind if I sing it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    ​Used to fly with a telepath. Wasn't quite all there though. You're much more...wholesome by the looks of it. So you're power's back I take it?

Emmeline looked at him, read his mind lightly. "Malcolm," she said, after getting the information of his name, "yes, it appears my ability is somewhat back to normal, but I seem to lack the normal strength or force I could impose on others. I don't know if my recent... transformation is to blame."

She took a drink of water. "I leave the bar for one dance, and end up with two" she said. "It's been quite a bohemian experience here so far."

Then, her curiosity got to her. "So, tell me about this telepath you used to fly with. Why wasn't he, or she, 'all there'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstar View Post
    "Hellfire Club?" Moonstar said. Though the anger burned within her, she knew she had to control it.

She approached Baron Magnus coldly and calmly. "Hellfire Club ... I have heard of it. A man belonged to that organization. The same man who ordered the murder of my grandfather."

She looked Baron Magnus in the eye. "I am looking for that man. His name is Donald Pierce."
    Barbara Norris Blake overheard the conversation. When the Native American girl and the Baron were done conversing, she said aloud, "Besides Death, there's another thing I know when I see it; a girl with vengeance on her mind. Wanna talk about it?"

Quote Originally Posted by saloon owner View Post
    "Your 'tab' outran my forebearance last time you were here," retorted May Parker, deftly retrieving the bottle from under the Captain's coat. Placing a bowl of stew in front of Mal, she said, "You've done your fair share of work, and I thank you, Mister. You want whiskey, beer or sarsparilla?" She then turned to the other would-be freeloaders and said, "Anyone else wanta earn their food and drink, there's dishes that need washin' and a floor that needs sweepin'."

"By the way, anybody who ignored my request to leave their weapons outside can just put them in this here box 'til you're ready to pay up and leave," May added, pulling out the box and her shotgun from behind the bar. "Peter, I'm countin' on you as deputy to keep the peace."
    Danielle Moonstar turned to the old woman running the saloon. "What you request is reasonable. But do you expect everyone to honor it?"

She turned to face the old woman. "You are the owner of this place, is that correct? Tell me what you know of the people here. Of this Magnus, of the raccoon... and of Donald Pierce. Have you seen a man named Donald Pierce?"

Emmeline looked at him, read his mind lightly. "Malcolm," she said, after getting the information of his name, "yes, it appears my ability is somewhat back to normal, but I seem to lack the normal strength or force I could impose on others. I don't know if my recent... transformation is to blame."

She took a drink of water. "I leave the bar for one dance, and end up with two" she said. "It's been quite a bohemian experience here so far."

Then, her curiosity got to her. "So, tell me about this telepath you used to fly with. Why wasn't he, or she, 'all there'?"
    "Where I come from there aren't a lot of telepaths, and this was a genius to boot. Government basically kidnapped and started cutting on her brain for some Gorram reason. She would flip from hyper-mathematics to nursery rhymes and back 'gain in the course of a few minutes. I sure hope they treat 'em better where you came from. Wait...that isn't what happened to you is it?
    If it makes you feel better I exposed another thing they did that was similar, sent it across the whole 'verse. Wiped out one of their fleets too. Although that was more cause they were in the way.
    She fine now case you wondering, the telepath that is."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    "Where I come from there aren't a lot of telepaths, and this was a genius to boot. Government basically kidnapped and started cutting on her brain for some Gorram reason. She would flip from hyper-mathematics to nursery rhymes and back 'gain in the course of a few minutes. I sure hope they treat 'em better where you came from. Wait...that isn't what happened to you is it?
    If it makes you feel better I exposed another thing they did that was similar, sent it across the whole 'verse. Wiped out one of their fleets too. Although that was more cause they were in the way.
    She fine now case you wondering, the telepath that is."

"Thank you for sharing that story, Malcolm" Emmeline responded. "It wasn't the same as what happened to me, but similar."

"My husband and I were kidnapped and brought to an alternate universe, held captive and used for our powers to keep the earth from breaking apart. My husband died..." Emmeline's eyes teared slightly but she stopped it. "And in later events I turned into a goddess, but found that existence not to my liking, so here I am as a mere mortal again."

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    "Uh-huh. I see. So what are you the Captain of exactly?"
    "Lots of things. But after two lawsuits and at least three ☠☠☠☠kickings, I'm just 'The Captain'. 'Star-Lord' though..."

He gestured to his tee-shirt, emblazoned with a black star representing the source of his power-- the Messianic Siddha-Complex, THE ALIEN HEARTSTAR OF THE SPACE BETWEEN GALAXIES.

Because even if he remembered anything beyond space leprechauns, he could totally explain that to Peter.

"I could probably fight you for it, but damn, now I just wish I thought of it first."

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord
    "You serious? My pal only says 3 words. Rather loudly. One of which includes his name. Ah heck, but you probably still got some dirt in your ears. His name's Groot. Me 'n him have been together since I was a lad. He's been sorta my guardian ever since my ma...my ma....you know what? I'd rather not talk about that. Groot's a good guy. Just don't call him a tree."
    The Captain's face went a little flush. "Uh... I knew that."

Quote Originally Posted by May Parker View Post
    "Your 'tab' outran my forebearance last time you were here," retorted May Parker, deftly retrieving the bottle from under the Captain's coat.
    That old bat's still got her wits about her and she's been hitting the thesaurus as hard as The Captain's been hitting the sauce.

"Come on, please? What if I promise I won't flick the bar nuts at the bottles anymore?"

"Thank you for sharing that story, Malcolm" Emmeline responded. "It wasn't the same as what happened to me, but similar."

"My husband and I were kidnapped and brought to an alternate universe, held captive and used for our powers to keep the earth from breaking apart. My husband died..." Emmeline's eyes teared slightly but she stopped it. "And in later events I turned into a goddess, but found that existence not to my liking, so here I am as a mere mortal again."
    I'm quite sorry to hear that, I'm no stranger to loss. What was being goddess like? Could peer across...what the term you used? Dimensions?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    After dancing with Emmeline, Gyro would have goofy smirk on his face,
    Doc got up and approached Gyro. "Fun, was it not? If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    "I don't think you understand the plight of an artist. I for one have written a song. I'd been looking for feedback on it. Would you all mind if I sing it?"
    Doc chimed in, again. "I have a good friend, a best friend who was a musician as well. He struggled with confidence in his ability as well. May, for the sake of the young man, let him sing... his... song!"