Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Honestly, I really hope they just keep Felicia in her confidant role developing their friendly and working relationship with each other, rather than making it a romanic relationship again. Because I really don't want to deal with love triangle drama, especially this early on.

Plus, if Felicia has all her memories back, that means she remembers everything that went on with MJ back then, so she'd probably want to respect their relationship.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly, I really hope they just keep Felicia in her confidant role developing their friendly and working relationship with each other, rather than making it a romanic relationship again. Because I really don't want to deal with love triangle drama, especially this early on....
    I respectfully disagree. If we can't have a married Spidey why not have a Love Triangle Spidey? A love triangle every now and then can be fun.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Felicia seems to be basically back to her pre-OMD status quo of knowing Peter's identity and being willing to be there for him when he needs her, and also willing to explore other romantic options even if she still probably cares about him more then she ever will another man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Honestly, I really hope they just keep Felicia in her confidant role developing their friendly and working relationship with each other, rather than making it a romanic relationship again. Because I really don't want to deal with love triangle drama, especially this early on.

Plus, if Felicia has all her memories back, that means she remembers everything that went on with MJ back then, so she'd probably want to respect their relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If we can't have a married Spidey why not have a Love Triangle Spidey? A love triangle every now and then can be fun.
    Who said anything about love triangles? A polyamorous relationship between the three of them would solve a lot of problems, to be honest, and I did like the friendship, such as it was, that grew between Felicia and Mary Jane despite their initial antagonism.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who said anything about love triangles? A polyamorous relationship between the three of them would solve a lot of problems, to be honest, and I did like the friendship, such as it was, that grew between Felicia and Mary Jane despite their initial antagonism.
    While it might solve the "problem", I don't think comic book readers are ready for this sort of depiction nor would those in charge of Marvel take such a risk with their flagship character.

BANNED

Marvel haven't done a love triangle well or even tastefully in donkey's years. Need I remind you of Scott/Emma/Jean?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-19-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Marvel haven't done a love triangle well in donkey's years. The last one was the disaster that was Scott/Emma/Jean.
    Who knows, this one could be just the ticket Marvel needs to get back on that horse.

BANNED

Who knows, this one could be just the ticket Marvel needs to get back on that horse.
    I don't think most fans would take to it. Peter's made his feelings for MJ quite clear over the years...she's the one, and the last fling he had with Felicia was pretty much meaningless and he was a lost soul at the time. He's said at the start of Spencer's run that it's MJ that he needs in his life to "fix" him. He's not going to betray that connection no matter how badly you want him to.

I don't think most fans would take to it. Peter's made his feelings for MJ quite clear over the years...she's the one, and the last fling he had with Felicia was pretty much meaningless and he was a lost soul at the time. He's said at the start of Spencer's run that it's MJ that he needs in his life to "fix" him. He's not going to betray that connection no matter how badly you want him to.
    Pfft, a good enough story can make fans accept just about anything.

Edit - Hell, I bet the right creative team could have made most fans accept a new love interest post-OMD.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-19-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Pete-and-MJ is well past "let's keep our options open". They're either in or they're out at this point.

Having Peter and Mary Jane break up and then Peter and Felicia get back together is really the only thing they could sell.

My problem is less about Spider-Man being in a love triangle since it can easily work (one of my favourite Spidey stories is Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane), it's more that I'm just completely sick of love triangles/forced relationship drama in comics at this point. I would much rather them spending the time to actually develop a relationship/feelings between the characters rather than spreading out a "will they won't they" over the course of several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    While I think that would be really interesting and would wanna see how that would turn out, we ALL know they're never gonna do that in the main continuity.

Marvel haven't done a love triangle well or even tastefully in donkey's years. Need I remind you of Scott/Emma/Jean?
    I was a fan of the time-displaced X-Men, but still the absolute worst thing about their whole storyline was the Jean/Scott/Beast(and then Bloodstorm) love triangles. It just got so incredibly irritating constantly being all "I can't be with you cuz I like him" or "I can't be with you cuz reasons" etc. over and over and I just wanted them to either actually commit or stop teasing.

Pfft, a good enough story can make fans accept just about anything.

Edit - Hell, I bet the right creative team could have made most fans accept a new love interest post-OMD.
    I feel like if he was planning to pair him back up with Felicia, he wouldn't have made getting together with MJ one of the first things that happens in the book. That just feels like cheap drama.

And I wouldn't have been opposed if he decided to make Felicia the main love interest. Or if he chose a completely other character. As long as they were actually written in a relationship and don't spend the whole time just teasing a "possibility" of one.

Anyhow, I was mainly just spitballing. At the end of the day, I'm ecstatic Felicia is no longer being written OOC as the Queenpin of Crime *pukes at the thought*. Although part of me will always lament that those in charge of Marvel did not give us at least a short-lived Spidey/Blackcat romantic reunion in the months following OMD. Talk about a squandered opportunity....
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-19-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

I've long liked the idea of Felicia/Peter/MJ the three together fully rather than Peter just dating them both and then spin that off into two daughters that could come from it in their college years and all the drama...

BANNED

I was a fan of the time-displaced X-Men, but still the absolute worst thing about their whole storyline was the Jean/Scott/Beast(and then Bloodstorm) love triangles. It just got so incredibly irritating constantly being all "I can't be with you cuz I like him" or "I can't be with you cuz reasons" etc. over and over and I just wanted them to either actually commit or stop teasing.
    Rumors are Jean and Bishop are getting together next, so expect it to get worse

I wouldn't have been opposed if he decided to make Felicia the main love interest. Or if he chose a completely other character. As long as they were actually written in a relationship and don't spend the whole time just teasing a "possibility" of one.
    That's what i'm miffed about, they could have made Felicia the main love interest after the whole ordeal but no, she only showed up a few times. I hate that now that Peters back with MJ of course they use Felicia again, just to flame the other relationship. She's going to fall back into the role she had before.

Anyhow, I was mainly just spitballing. At the end of the day, I'm ecstatic Felicia is no longer being written OOC as the Queenpin of Crime *pukes at the thought*. Although part of me will always lament that those in charge of Marvel did not give us at least a short-lived Spidey/Blackcat romantic reunion in the months following OMD. Talk about a squandered opportunity....
    I know that people hated her as a Queenpin, but to me at least, she was finally moving away from her role of teasing Peter or sleeping with him, and then having her move on, only for the cycle to continue. Marvel could have made a whole comic about the various street level villains trying to compete for the empty throne since Wilson Fisk was now Mayor. We could have seen how she would use her smarts to out maneuver her opponents and have her learn that even with her whole life in ruins (since she was outed) she couldn't or wouldn't be as vicious as the others. But nope Marvel decide to play this whole conflict about the new kingpin in the background of various street-level heroes comics. A big mistake I felt.