Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Didn’t it infer MJ misscarried when we all thought the Goblin kidnapped the baby, but no, it wasn’t the baby, it was Aunt May that was kidnapped. That’s how I remember it. MJ misscarried the baby.
    She didn't miscarry. She had the baby and was told it was stillborn. The package delivered to Norman was implied to be the baby. I don't know if the writers were planning on doing anything with that plot thread. In any case, it gave them an out and they never needed to refer to it ever again.

I think the pregnancy should remain. It would have given MJ another reason to be hesitant getting back with Peter. Then, if another writer comes along and wants to knock MJ up again, it adds another layer of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The pregnancy wasn't planned. It was just as much a shock for her as it was for Peter (Technically, she got pregnant when Defalco impressed the idea on the Spidey office to "up the stakes" and give Peter a solid reason to ride off into the sunset).
    That works just as easily if they're married and if they're not married.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    She didn't miscarry. She had the baby and was told it was stillborn. The package delivered to Norman was implied to be the baby. I don't know if the writers were planning on doing anything with that plot thread. In any case, it gave them an out and they never needed to refer to it ever again.

I think the pregnancy should remain. It would have given MJ another reason to be hesitant getting back with Peter. Then, if another writer comes along and wants to knock MJ up again, it adds another layer of drama.
    I honestly think this is something that shouldn't be mentioned unless they're revealing that the baby is alive and kidnapped somewhere.

Dead kids are a poor tonal match for Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets