Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The best looking and largest of the action figures, Marvel Legends. There are two versions, the black suit one comes in two different packages -- the gold print being the more rare.

I don't have this one, so I don't know if it's the same size as the Marvel Legends, but I don't think it is. This is actually an action figure that is used in a game, and comes with cards and the base is some sort of game tile.

Marvel Universe is the newest action figure line, and perhaps the smallest. There are three Namor figures, all different molds, with one an SDCC exclusive variant a few years ago that came in an Invaders set.

The SDCC Invaders Variant set.

A comparison of the three Marvel Universe Namor figures. I think the bases of the other two are labeled Sub-Mariner.

Probably my least favorite Namor action figure, even if it is the only one that is actually environmentally appropriate. The Spider-Man Web Splasher Aquatech Namor. It was supposed to float in the water and spray water from the Water Shell Wave Blaster! Amazingly, this came in three different packages. It was the same mold, but the newer one had a blue painted harness, instead of the gold found in the other two packages.

A double figure package, where they teamed Namor with ... Doctor Octopus. (groaaan)

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-15-2014 at 03:10 AM.

i wonder why namor's in the spider-man series when i don't recall seeing him in the series

Yes, I know I'm behind. : (

The holidays are for eating, at least at my house. So, here's a few airbreather treats that Prince Namor would enjoy, even if they aren't particularly Christmasy.

BAGELS

PIZZA

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i wonder why namor's in the spider-man series when i don't recall seeing him in the series
    He has been a in few issues of Spider-Man, as well as Marvel Team Up. He even was in an episode of Spider-Man and Friends. In the case of the action figures, however, I think it has more to do with being an aquatic character in the Web SPLASHERS line of action figures. Of course, I could be wrong, there. I'm not real knowledgeable about action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He has been a in few issues of Spider-Man, as well as Marvel Team Up. He even was in an episode of Spider-Man and Friends. In the case of the action figures, however, I think it has more to do with being an aquatic character in the Web SPLASHERS line of action figures. Of course, I could be wrong, there. I'm not real knowledgeable about action figures.
    it does make sense he's in a splashers series..although i dislike the mount

it does make sense he's in a splashers series..although i dislike the mount
    Don't get me started on the Water Shell Wave Blaster. LOL! That's going to get a special post elsewhere, with some truly awful pictures.

After all that Holiday eating, especially pizza and bagels, exercise is needed. And his highness kindly provides it a sterling example.

What would the holidays be without the company of good friends?

These images are from The Moleman's Christmas in the MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2005 and were kindly found by anthony_lynch15. THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-16-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Or frenemies, even.

Last edited by Reviresco; 12-16-2014 at 03:00 AM.

how did ben grimm manage to convince him to wear a santa costume? haha

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have to read that story! Not only do we have Santa Doom and Santron, I didn't know there was a Santa Namor.

The good thing is if you are a subscriber to Marvel's digital comics they've been adding those holiday specials Marvel used to put out. Last I checked I believe they had 2005 through 2009 available for reading. IIRC they were printed in the oversized magazine format.

how did ben grimm manage to convince him to wear a santa costume? haha
    Sadly, that happened off panel. He probably invoked Sue's name to get him to do it.

Something that isn't made clear in the two pages I posted, is that Ben goes to Namor, because there's an old picture (shown in the last panel) of Mole Man as a child with Santa, and that Santa looks like Namor. You can check out the rest of the story here:

http://peur-evol.blogspot.co.uk/2011...stic-four.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to read that story! Not only do we have Santa Doom and Santron, I didn't know there was a Santa Namor.

The good thing is if you are a subscriber to Marvel's digital comics they've been adding those holiday specials Marvel used to put out. Last I checked I believe they had 2005 through 2009 available for reading. IIRC they were printed in the oversized magazine format.
    It should be in there, then, as believe this is from 2005. There's lots more FF fun in the story. And of course, there's a Santa Namor! Christmas is about giving, and Namor is the best guy at giving (and receiving) The Gift!

Cue segue ...
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-16-2014 at 01:30 PM.