Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    lol I'll pay to see this.
    I can just imagine Jason's face reading each one. His eye would be twitching at the last letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    There were referred as letterS from early on. Tho, I admit that I didn't expect them to be six letters.

I wonder if all of them will be revealed in this issue or some will be left for later. I personally hope for the latter because I want one of these letter to revealed at the end and give Jason a closure with his dad.
    I thought it was only three letters. On the one hand I'd love to have all these plots to go over later. On the other if Jason doesn't read them all at once it feels like one of those situations left unfinished even though reading could prevent future misunderstandings.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if all of them will be revealed in this issue or some will be left for later. I personally hope for the latter because I want one of these letter to revealed at the end and give Jason a closure with his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I thought it was only three letters. On the one hand I'd love to have all these plots to go over later. On the other if Jason doesn't read them all at once it feels like one of those situations left unfinished even though reading could prevent future misunderstandings.
    I agree that it would be better not to reveal everything in the letters in issue #23. Keep some for the future would be better, especially because it indicates that some other long-term clues and story lines will be set up for RHATO. But it's also weird if Jason doesn't read all of them before he takes any action to dig Willis' grave. I think the general way for most people is: put the letters in a time-manner and read one after another before making any big decisions.

Maybe Lobdell would let Jason's monologue to reveal the content of the letters, little by little, in the future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I agree that it would be better not to reveal everything in the letters in issue #23. Keep some for the future would be better, especially because it indicates that some other long-term clues and story lines will be set up for RHATO. But it's also weird if Jason doesn't read all of them before he takes any action to dig Willis' grave. I think the general way for most people is: put the letters in a time-manner and read one after another before making any big decisions.

Maybe Lobdell would let Jason's monologue to reveal the content of the letters, little by little, in the future issues.
    I'm guessing he's going to go that way. Jason is going to read all of them, then go digging Willis grave or whatever he's doing ther with the shovel, and after that, the breakdown that we know he's going to suffer that ends with him arguing / fighting with Bruce in issue #25. But we probably are not going to know what exactly says in all the letters until further in the story, probably at the same pace that Jason is going to deal with the consequences of reading the contents of them. Until then, I'm guessing we will just see selected bits. It's a very used narrative in suspense stories, and one I usually like a lot, to be honest (so here I'm hoping it's what's going to happen in the end).

Fantastic Member

Last issue we talked about Willis possibly being the man in Artemis' flashback. He looks like the same guy but Willis doesn't really have a consistent design plus prisons usually have orange outfits. Anyone think it's the same person?

Last issue we talked about Willis possibly being the man in Artemis' flashback. He looks like the same guy but Willis doesn't really have a consistent design plus prisons usually have orange outfits. Anyone think it's the same person?
    Yeah, he's wearing it in the last page of the preview while he's writing the letters.

Don't know. What makes me doubtful it's him because why would Wills be in Hierve So Agua instead of Gotham Jail? But it seems like him with him mentioning that he has a son who his mother has died.

Also, I have to give it to Lobdell for connecting his story very well and planting seeds from early on. Creeper mentioned that he has a history with Artemis that involved Hierve So Agua and we later find out that she killed prisoners there.

Fantastic Member

Don't know. What makes me doubtful it's him because why would Wills be in Hierve So Agua instead of Gotham Jail? But it seems like him with him mentioning that he has a son who his mother has died.

Also, I have to give it to Lobdell for connecting his story very well and planting seeds from early on. Creeper mentioned that he has a history with Artemis that involved Hierve So Agua and we later find out that she killed prisoners there.
    I could see Lobdell doing a red herring and it turning out to be Soltarie or someone else. But if it was Willis I could still see it happening. The letters could have been sent before he was transferred. The dad in question was desperate to get back to his son and agreed to be tested on to get out.

That was set up well. Creeper was calling her out for killing everyone but it was vague enough that it wasn't clear if he was rightfully blaming her or not. I do want to see more Creeper at a later point. Whether Artemis killed Willis or not I wonder if the Luthor connection alone would make Jason upset. He mentioned Lex a few times and suspected something was off about her reaction yet she never brought up their history.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It was set up very well and now we're starting to see the payoff. I wonder what will happen when it comes to light that Artemis has a history with Lex as well. I rather suspect that those letters are going to amp up Jason emotionally, and we can see this already in the preview when he says "Not a good night", and whenever that happens his state of mind is not the best.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Fantastic Member

Plus he'd be upset that Bizarro knew about the letters and locked Gunn up to prevent him from learning about them. I feel like Bizarro should have had a plan for her before he stopped using kryptonite otherwise she'll starve.

And I'm not talking about the fact that we finally found out what in the letters, but we finally got in depth look on Willis Todd which I have been waiting for so long.

The issue was emotional rollercoaster. The letters were heartfelt message from father to son and how his son was his most precious gift (that's the take on Willis that I wanted). Jason's reaction to it and him screaming at his father's grave that he doesn't care was....man.

My only niptake on this issue is that I wish Soy was the one who draw it, but it was great nonetheless.

And I'm not talking about the fact that we finally found out what in the letters, but we finally got in depth look on Willis Todd which I have been waiting for so long.

The issue was emotional rollercoaster. The letters were heartfelt message from father to son and how his son was his most precious gift (that's the take on Willis that I wanted). Jason's reaction to it and him screaming at his father's grave that he doesn't care was....man.

My only niptake on this issue is that I wish Soy was the one who draw it, but it was great nonetheless.
    And its only gonna get worse. Penguin gon die next week.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It's definitely going to get worse especially after what he find out in his father's grave and the mysterious man looking at Jason from far (which I think we were given a big clue about his idenity in this issue).

Wow this was really emotional but I can't for the life of me understand how Shelia fits into this now. Guess her role in ADitF is retconned now? It seems like Solitaire might actually be Willis too.

I think we can safely say Sheila has no place in this continuity and Catherine is officially his brith mother.

Also, after rereading, I actually like the art much more and I think it fit the tone perfectly.

BANNED

My reaction after reading the issue