Page 809 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859909 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Get ready for them rollecoaster then.
    Alright. About to hit them book. :|

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Remember King's Sanctuary?

It has been turned into this year's event.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...trauma-1119410

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Tom King's work? Events? I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by okiedokiewo; 06-13-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Is Jason on the cover?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Is Jason on the cover?
    No he's not but maybe he should check in to it. His friend tried ot hide secrets from him and Artemis the girl he is attracted to may have killed his father I say he might need some help.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I say he might need some help.
    Not by Tom King for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Not by Tom King for sure.
    Well give it a chance it might surprise us.

Well give it a chance it might surprise us.
    Would be a surprise for sure, considering how he got Jason terribly wrong every chance he's had so far. Burned so many times, I don't feel like bracing myself for another attempt to be honest.

Would be a surprise for sure, considering how he got Jason terribly wrong every chance he's had so far. Burned so many times, I don't feel like bracing myself for another attempt to be honest.
    Well at least TOm King let's Jason join in the Batfamily every now and then. But what's wrong with how King does Jason?

Well at least TOm King let's Jason join in the Batfamily every now and then. But what's wrong with how King does Jason?
    Latest one? Having Jason invent the electric tires, some children were accidentally killed by them, Jason was jailed, got bailed out, all the time looking smugly unrepentant. You know. Jason. The guy who is canonically brutal when it comes to crime against women and children.

More failed attempts can be found in Batman, Robin War and Grayson. I don't feel like listing them out because I'll just get angry.

How many times has Jason appeared in Tom King's work for Batman? Three times? Four? Serious question. And the one time was just as a hanging body. (And that was in the same issue as the diner, no?, so it's really just one appearance.)

I liked the scene in the diner, sure, but it was quick comedic relief. And then ofc there's the Twitter-backlash joke scene of Jason getting beaten by Ace. I remember some kind of scene with most of the family in the panel, but I really can't remember if that was King or not. Even if it was, I don't think Jason had lines, or that anyone did.

I'm really not sure if there was anything else. He doesn't use Jason, and none of the scenes have been particularly meaningful.

I think people dislike his work with Jason because it's mostly just been comedic relief, and not everyone sees it as being in-character. But he just doesn't use Jason, period. I'm not sure he's ever spoken to Bruce in the book, except a quip in the diner scene. I still remember how we were supposed to see all of the Batfam's reactions to the wedding news, and all we saw was Damian's and Dick's. For King, Damian and Dick are Bruce's sons and that's it.

Edited to add: Oh, yeah, just remembered the most recent stuff with the time traveling mess up. Well, someone else can explain that.

Also I think Jason's appearance among the family should be measured. It goes against how he's written in RHATO if he's there with the family every little occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Is Jason on the cover?
    That would imply that he knows Jason's characterization and personal strugglings. As much as I like King's writing, I don't see it.
    Also, didn't saw him in the cover. There was Batman, and Damian, and Barbara, tho.

Latest one? Having Jason invent the electric tires, some children were accidentally killed by them, Jason was jailed, got bailed out, all the time looking smugly unrepentant. You know. Jason. The guy who is canonically brutal when it comes to crime against women and children.

More failed attempts can be found in Batman, Robin War and Grayson. I don't feel like listing them out because I'll just get angry.
    Okay, okay I get your point thougheverything was wrong about that future particularly DIck.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That one was a 'what if Bruce's parents hadn't survived' scenario though so it doesn't really count as an "in continuity" characterization of Jason at all. There was no one in that story whose characterization matched their "in continuity" one and so this is more akin to an elseworlds version of Jason and the rest or at least to me it is. The moment Booster messed with the timeline it became a different one, unconnected to the "real" one. Also Robin War wasn't all King. Other writers were involved in that one. I also had no problem with what little of Jason we got in Grayson. He slugged Dick and frankly the guy had it coming by pretending to be dead in the first place IMO.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-13-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG