Page 6 of 568 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    Indigo zombie John is creepy, but his beard is really sexy. DC should let him keep the look after the whole Future's End fiasco dies down.
    I'd be cool with that aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Say, I just saw this on tumblr:
    spoilers:
    [https://31. media. tumblr. com/5b3c6416bfab9f5a7b69ab4a34f62ec0/tumblr_n5buqbBmjz1s11g07o1_500.png[/url]
    end of spoilers

I don't read Smallville:Lantern, but what do you guys think of this?
    That link isn't working for me, but Smallville: Lantern is great. I recommend it to any fans of John Stewart.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    That link isn't working for me, but Smallville: Lantern is great. I recommend it to any fans of John Stewart.
    remove the spaces for the URL and it should take you to it.

Say, I just saw this on tumblr:
    spoilers:
    [https://31. media. tumblr. com/5b3c6416bfab9f5a7b69ab4a34f62ec0/tumblr_n5buqbBmjz1s11g07o1_500.png[/url]
    end of spoilers

I don't read Smallville:Lantern, but what do you guys think of this?
    The cliffhanger of issue #9. I think it is kind of cool as long as they stay true to the inner spirit of the character. He can play this role for a short while. I am sure John will overcome that influence. If he doesn't I would be pissed.
    Last edited by Rey Leopard; 05-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.

I prefer John with a beard. The character has innate leadership qualities and the beard provides a visual element to that. Out of all the earth GL's, I always felt that John had the strongest leadership qualities and the greatest team player attitude, at least going by his JLU incarnation. Hal is a show off (JLA: Year One), Guy is gung ho (JLI), Kyle is young and has more of a 'cool older brother' than the 'guy in charge' attitude (GLC) and Simon is a Greenhorn both literally and figuratively.

Hal Jordan sucks. I'm so happy many people chose not to see the Green Lantern movie because it had that white character when the audience was expecting a black one, and that the people voiced their discontent. Hell, anyone should have been able to tell that would happen after having run a major cartoon show for years and years with the black Green Lantern (which was airing new episodes only a few years before the movie came out), and when the white Green Lantern, or ANY Green Lantern, didn't have much of a media presence before that.

They got everything they deserved from that alone. From their 25% tomato rating to their lost 90 million or so dollars, to their toxic hero. I'm so against that stuff because it's a perfect example of the superhero genre not advancing, but going backwards, even when the greater audience wants them to advance, but some fanboys on top don't want that.

Believe it or not, this is how a lot of casual people think on the matter. You just don't see them head over to comic book forums to voice the sentiment.
    After years of putting up with Didio's 'iconic' nonsense, seeing the public come out and demanding "WHERE IS THE BLACK GREEN LANTERN?! WHO THE **** IS THIS GUY?" filled me with so much joy. I was like 'HA, your face Didio! Whose iconic now?!'.

Pictured here:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten...opcorn_gus.gif

Me on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I just caught up with the Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Two. Glad they gave John a bit more to do. I am little uncomfortable with him seeming to join Superman’s side with Hal. I am also don’t like seeing Flash or Cyborg on Superman’s side. I don’t think these characters would agree with Superman’s methods.

Green Lantern Corps #31 was very good. Really enjoying the series since John became the lead.
    Yeah, I was hoping John would go against Superman. But then again, if he did, he'd probably just wind up dying.

remove the spaces for the URL and it should take you to it.
    Ahh. That. I'm pretty cool with it. I'm pretty sure it's only temporary, and I have a feeling that it will actually be a show of John Stewart surpassing Hal Jordan, since in that continuity, Hal Jordan couldn't overcome Parallax, but the solicits say that John will "get his Green Lantern will back," or something to that effect. I'm glad they're really using the character as opposed to letting him collect dust in the closet, or worse, killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    After years of putting up with Didio's 'iconic' nonsense, seeing the public come out and demanding "WHERE IS THE BLACK GREEN LANTERN?! WHO THE **** IS THIS GUY?" filled me with so much joy. I was like 'HA, your face Didio! Whose iconic now?!'.

Pictured here:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten...opcorn_gus.gif

Me on that day.

Yeah! After the years of DiDio, Johns, and fanboys saying, "Well, Hal Jordan is the most famous Green Lantern," that felt great. Hal Jordan the most famous Green Lantern? With who? Comic book fans? Maybe. But everybody else > comic book fans. Really, that was wishful thinking on their part and a silly sentiment, and unless they're in complete denial they have to know that by now. How is a character with practically no media presence (at the time) going to be more recognized than a mainstay on a long running and very popular cartoon show with a ton of successful merchandise linked to it, and even some that's not (Justice League Heroes for example)? And even now that Hal Jordan may have more recognition than he did before, I don't think being recognized for having one of the worst major motion pictures in the past ten years (or perhaps longer), or a completely unsuccessful merchandise line is winning the character any points.
    Last edited by Desh; 05-17-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Yeah! After the years of DiDio, Johns, and fanboys saying, "Well, Hal Jordan is the most famous Green Lantern," that felt great. Hal Jordan the most famous Green Lantern? With who? Comic book fans? Maybe. But everybody else > comic book fans. Really, that was wishful thinking on their part and a silly sentiment, and unless they're in complete denial they have to know that by now. How is a character with practically no media presence (at the time) going to be more recognized than a mainstay on a long running and very popular cartoon show with a ton of successful merchandise linked to it, and even some that's not (Justice League Heroes for example)? And even now that Hal Jordan may have more recognition than he did before, I don't think being recognized for having one of the worst major motion pictures in the past ten years (or perhaps longer), or a completely unsuccessful merchandise line is winning the character any points.
    The iconic argument is basically 'Screw you, we like these characters better!'.

I also dislike the 'we need Hal first before moving onto the other GL's' argument. That's just crazy. The GL's aren't like the Robin's. Any one of them could take charge and be the main GL of Earth. That's the beauty of it. I like Hal thanks to New Frontier but the other GL's are just more interesting than him and his fanboys (with exception of a few who are my close friends who are pretty cool) drive me nuts.

They keep trying to make Hal Jordan happen but he is not happening, he is a happened. His movie bombed, his cartoon never really took off or went for as long as JLU and yeah he has appeared in DTV's which are watched mostly by nerds and doesn't even reach even half the audience that JLU reached. Then there are the video games but not everyone plays them. Funny thing about the GL DTV movie: Wonder Woman performed better than him despite the GL franchise being at the height of it's popularity and he had a live action movie coming out and we hadn't seen just how bad it was yet. Yet, who got the shaft and who keeps blowing every chance they get?

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    This past week was really hard at work but I keep John around to remind me I am a fan of one of the greatest comic characters ever to grace the printed page. That gets me through any challenge at work.

Attachment 2102

I just caught up with the Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Two. Glad they gave John a bit more to do. I am little uncomfortable with him seeming to join Superman’s side with Hal. I am also don’t like seeing Flash or Cyborg on Superman’s side. I don’t think these characters would agree with Superman’s methods.

Green Lantern Corps #31 was very good. Really enjoying the series since John became the lead.
    That figure is awesome. I'll have to track it down for my brother.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

I like they showed John as the future indigo tribe. I wouldn't mind GLC to spin off into indigo tribe starring John. That would be fun and would add so much more dimension to the character.

I just wanted to ask. Believe me it's not starting anything. Me and my brother both LOVE Green Lantern. Mines is Hal and his is John. We even have the same Green Lantern rings. I am a John fan as well and my brother liking Hal. I should him some of the posts on this site and he was wondering why it seems there is so much hate between John Stewart and Hal Jordan fans. I will ask it in the Hal section as well. I put it he first as I was showing my brother the figure that was posted earlier. How is it known that the casual fan know John more than Hal? What is the age of a casual fan? I just think they are both amazing characters and we all love comics. We don't have to seperate each other. One bad movies doesn't make or break and character. I LOVE the punisher and he hasn't had the best run of movies, but that hasn't hurt the character. Again this is not starting anything. I just wanted to talk about this as another person who loves comics and both characters.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-17-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I just wanted to ask. Believe me it's not starting anything. Me and my brother both LOVE Green Lantern. Mines is Hal and his is John. We even have the same Green Lantern rings. I am a John fan as well and my brother liking Hal. I should him some of the posts on this site and he was wondering why it seems there is so much hate between John Stewart and Hal Jordan fans. I will ask it in the Hal section as well. I put it he first as I was showing my brother the figure that was posted earlier. How is it known that the casual fan know John more than Hal? What is the age of a casual fan? I just think they are both amazing characters and we all love comics. We don't have to seperate each other. One bad movies doesn't make or break and character. I LOVE the punisher and he hasn't had the best run of movies, but that hasn't hurt the character. Again this is not starting anything. I just wanted to talk about this as another person who loves comics and both characters.
    The various fandoms of the Green Lanterns are at odds with each other save for Alan Scott. It wasn't just Hal vs John, Hal vs Kyle tends to pop but less frequently these days. GL is mainly an ensemble and every one wants their favorite to get their time in the sun but it doesn't happen and it gets frustrating to see potential wasted. If you say something bad about one GL their fandoms will fire back. Two of my friends on FB are Hal Jordan fans; one is great at finding out comic book trivia and history but goes crazy Red Lantern rage whenever someone mentions John Stewart and the other is nice and open and makes me want to read and like Hal Jordan. He is considerate of others opinions and feels ashamed whenever Jordan fans try to put down the other GL's. That's pretty much a microcosm of fandom.

Furthermore, the JLU cartoon reached about 5 million people and some of us got into comics because of the cartoons. Comics haven't sold a million copies since the early 90's at least. Use Comic Book Shop Locator website and see how many comic shops you can find even Comoixology didn't really take off until a few years ago. The point is, cartoons and the movies reach a far greater audience than comics do these days.

The most damning evidence of all? When the first trailers for the GL movie hit there was a Twitter storm where people were going 'they whitewashed Green Lantern!'. Some comic sites took all the tweets and the comments from other websites and reported them.

Furthermore, consider this, I am 21 years old. When JLU ended I would have been 13. By the time, the GL movie came out some of the 'kids' and teens who were watching JLU were old enough to vote and perhaps even spend money on a movie starring John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The various fandoms of the Green Lanterns are at odds with each other save for Alan Scott. It wasn't just Hal vs John, Hal vs Kyle tends to pop but less frequently these days. GL is mainly an ensemble and every one wants their favorite to get their time in the sun but it doesn't happen and it gets frustrating to see potential wasted. If you say something bad about one GL their fandoms will fire back. Two of my friends on FB are Hal Jordan fans; one is great at finding out comic book trivia and history but goes crazy Red Lantern rage whenever someone mentions John Stewart and the other is nice and open and makes me want to read and like Hal Jordan. He is considerate of others opinions and feels ashamed whenever Jordan fans try to put down the other GL's. That's pretty much a microcosm of fandom.

Furthermore, the JLU cartoon reached about 5 million people and some of us got into comics because of the cartoons. Comics haven't sold a million copies since the early 90's at least. Use Comic Book Shop Locator website and see how many comic shops you can find even Comoixology didn't really take off until a few years ago. The point is, cartoons and the movies reach a far greater audience than comics do these days.

The most damning evidence of all? When the first trailers for the GL movie hit there was a Twitter storm where people were going 'they whitewashed Green Lantern!'. Some comic sites took all the tweets and the comments from other websites and reported them.

Furthermore, consider this, I am 21 years old. When JLU ended I would have been 13. By the time, the GL movie came out some of the 'kids' and teens who were watching JLU were old enough to vote and perhaps even spend money on a movie starring John Stewart.

Thank you so much for the honest input. I always thought John was a cool character. My brother never watched the cartoon and John's still his favorite. It's on Netflix so it definitely will be watching it now. There is definitely enough room for all of us to like our favorites and still respect the other ones. Just look now. All the earth lanterns basically are the stars of their own books. Hal in GL, John in GLC, Guy in RL and Kyle in NG and you have Alan in Earth 2. The only one that really hasn't been shown is Baz and I really think he's a cool character. So we each can read our heroes. Again thanks so much for the honest input. We are so passionate about our comic book heroes we tend to forget that we are all here for the same reason. WE LOVE COMICS
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-18-2014 at 06:28 AM.

BANNED

Yeah the GL Fandom is a warzone, there is not really one true GL that everyone lines up behind. its not like Clark Kent = Superman or Bruce Wayne = Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    How is it known that the casual fan know John more than Hal?
    Because casual people watch cartoons and don't read comics. Hal Jordan has a cartoon show, but it bit the dust after a mere one season. It's really a speck of dust on the rear end of the Justice League cartoon show, which is one of the most highly lauded cartoons of the last ten years. And even ever.

What is the age of a casual fan? I just think they are both amazing characters and we all love comics.
    Seeing as how so many people watch cartoons, it can really be anything. JL/JLU still comes on a major network during a kids programming block. Kids still watch that show, and adults still greatly appreciate it, and many people have grown up with it.

We don't have to seperate each other.
    I'm not a Hal Jordan fan. I'm just not. I'm a different type of thing. Something else. So I don't count myself among those people. I don't want what they want, and I don't like what they like, so by those standards, we're not the same. It just is what it is.

One bad movies doesn't make or break and character. I LOVE the punisher and he hasn't had the best run of movies, but that hasn't hurt the character. Again this is not starting anything. I just wanted to talk about this as another person who loves comics and both characters.
    It can and it does. We're talking about the casual audience, which as the Green Lantern movie proves, or any movies, that's really the only audience that matters. If you can't get that audience, you're sunk. Not only does it break characters, it also makes them. Case in point: Iron Man. Hal Jordan can have the most devout hardcore fanbase in the world, but if no one else cares (and they don't, really), it doesn't mean anything on any large scale. Conversely, John Stewart has a casual audience and fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I like they showed John as the future indigo tribe. I wouldn't mind GLC to spin off into indigo tribe starring John. That would be fun and would add so much more dimension to the character.
    Interesting how Hal fans always shares the same opinion. First they agree for a black Hal Jordan in the jl movie, like Cyborg the way he is (despite him coming off as stoic like John used to be under Geoff Johns run) and now somehow a specific powerset "adds more personality".

Sometimes I wonder do Hal fans want John to be in the indigo tribe just so Hal Jordan can be the only human green lantern in a lantern title.

Not saying this is bad, I respect their opinion of course. It's a bit funny when you think about it.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 05-18-2014 at 07:49 AM.