Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Kamala picked the wrong team for that mission, for sure, she shouldn't have chosen the original lineup for that one. Zzzax is clearly immune to Viv's solar blasts, and Kamala is weak to the villain's electric attacks. Miles's Venom Blast is probably useless too. Amadeus is a sitting duck. Yeah, they were clearly defeated, Miles escapes and does the deal with Mephisto. He can expect a scolding from Kamala later - and from Peter Parker if he finds out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala picked the wrong team for that mission, for sure, she shouldn't have chosen the original lineup for that one. Zzzax is clearly immune to Viv's solar blasts, and Kamala is weak to the villain's electric attacks. Miles's Venom Blast is probably useless too. Amadeus is a sitting duck. Yeah, they were clearly defeated, Miles escapes and does the deal with Mephisto. He can expect a scolding from Kamala later - and from Peter Parker if he finds out.
    Except if Peter's own Faustian bargain comes into play, that costs him any real moral high ground he might try to take with Miles. The difference is, since Miles's Faustian bargain wasn't executed to fulfill a certain agenda the higher-ups at Marvel have (or had) for his version of Spider-Man the way it was for Peter's, it's more than likely that Miles (with help from the rest of the Champions) will beat Mephisto one way or another.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can't remember does Peter even remember the deal he made or is still just a vague feeling? And I'm with Huntsman Peter really has no moral high ground in this situation. I'm also really curious as to what Miles traded, I don't think it's his soul because if I remember correctly if he tries to take a noble soul without corrupting it he damages himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I can't remember does Peter even remember the deal he made or is still just a vague feeling? And I'm with Huntsman Peter really has no moral high ground in this situation. I'm also really curious as to what Miles traded, I don't think it's his soul because if I remember correctly if he tries to take a noble soul without corrupting it he damages himself.
    Nobody (except, I guess, Mephisto) remembers the deal beyond some vague feelings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Peter and Kamala need a scolding, not Miles.

Free comic book day book featuring Miles and Peter that will take the spider titles in a new direction.
    Free Comic Book Day 2019 is the perfect chance to swing into the Marvel Universe with all-new stories and exciting adventures alongside some of Marvel’s most acclaimed creators! Fresh off its 2018 GEM award win for Best Free Comic Book Day Book (FCBD 2018 Avengers Captain America), Marvel is excited to reveal the creative team for FCBD SPIDER-MAN/VENOM #1 – the story that might just become the most ordered and most sought out single issue in the entire history of FCBD!

Everyone knows Miles Morales, who rose to fame in Marvel’s acclaimed animated sensation Into The Spider-Verse - and with a second feature film arriving this year, Peter Parker will once again suit up to save the world with his web-slinging super powers! In a special FCBD story, creators Tom Taylor, Saladin Ahmed, and Cory Smith take these superstar heroes of the Spider-Verse in a shocking new direction, with a story that will build to one of Marvel’s most fantastic and epic tales later this year!

And prepare for absolute terror within the pages of FCBD, as the Venom story by Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman sets the stage for what will become one of the most fearsome events in the Marvel Universe…

Nearly a year after the epic red-hot arc of the Red Goblin, Venom’s dynamic creative team is bringing you a story that’s been brewing since classic Spider-Man tales like Amazing Spider-Man #252, The Spectacular Spider-Man #90, Marvel Team-Up #141 – a saga so big and so absolutely action-packed, it will deliver the most dramatic story in all of FCBD history! Fans will be well aware by the summer of 2019 that “everyone is a target”…and this May, Marvel invites you to experience the threat for yourself!

Retailers should note that the FOC date has been extended, giving more time to place initial orders, for both of Marvel’s FCBD books - because trust us, you WON’T want to be without these important and stunning issues!

Stay tuned for more from Marvel for this year’s Free Comic Book Day announcements!
    https://www.newsarama.com/43787-spid...er-titles.html

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

This must be all building up to the big Venom event that is supposed to be happening. Would make sense too given Miles guest starred in that arc that introduced Knull over in Venom.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm guessing the FCBD will just be re-introducing/furthering Miles and Peter plots from Miles' solo and FNSM with the writers attached. They might not even interact at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    This must be all building up to the big Venom event that is supposed to be happening. Would make sense too given Miles guest starred in that arc that introduced Knull over in Venom.
    Well, Venom events probably sell better then Spider-Man events when you think about it .

Even if they don't interact there, this is certainly setting up a crossover between the Friendly Neighborhood and Miles Morales books. Spider-Men III?

Venom's story sounds like it has some connection to that Symbiote Spider-Man mini that will have started by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

According to this it will be leading up to two different stories. One of them is without a doubt has to do with what Cates has setup in the Venom book with all past symbiote hosts being hunted.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-spider-man-venom-fcbd-2019/

>Spencer's three year FCBD streak being broken

>Me

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Peter and Kamala need a scolding, not Miles.
    Exactly, Miles needs to tell Kamala to stfu if she even opens her mouth to scold him. What, is he a child? She lead the team into this disaster and most likely cost them their lives and then be upset that Miles made a deal to bring them back. That would be hypocritical in the extreme. I would hope Miles has a backbone and stands up to or pushes back on Kamlaa if she goes that route. We need a more assertive Miles, he's been to passive lately and the whole team needs to be more independent, they have been too deferential and blind followers to Kamala.

BANNED

Well, Champions#2 seems to have definitively established that spoilers:
    Mephisto really can time travel, not just alter memories

Poor Miles, he really loses it when he finds Kamala's body
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, Champions#2 seems to have definitively established that spoilers:
    Mephisto really can time travel, not just alter memories

Poor Miles, he really loses it when he finds Kamala's body
    end of spoilers
    Called it! Great issue that completely demolished me from the inside out with feels.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Exactly, Miles needs to tell Kamala to stfu if she even opens her mouth to scold him. What, is he a child? She lead the team into this disaster and most likely cost them their lives and then be upset that Miles made a deal to bring them back. That would be hypocritical in the extreme. I would hope Miles has a backbone and stands up to or pushes back on Kamlaa if she goes that route. We need a more assertive Miles, he's been to passive lately and the whole team needs to be more independent, they have been too deferential and blind followers to Kamala.
    Yes, all of this! I get sick of seeing writers not named Bendis narrate for Miles as being some half clueless teen hero waiting to take any crap from a PEER! He has more experience than Kamala. Its seems that the writer is just agenda writing instead of just writing Miles as how he has been, competent, clever and very capable. If there were justice he would be leading this group. Hopefully he will be written out of this book and then Kamala can lead the rest of the monkeys left.