Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Really wanted something like this to happen.

I mean if Jon was aged up to about Damian's age, about 3 years, this wouldn't be as big of an issue. Still an issue, but not as bad.
    Too bad Bendis took it away from us. :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I wanted it as well but I say DC took it away from us, considering they had about three years to make it happen but they practically erased Conner's existence. Bendis brought him back but he wants a different dynamic between these two.

Incredible Member

Man it's so much mixed views on Jon right now. Stuff like this and erasing other supporting characters is probably a factor in why Superman's family are nowhere near as popular as the Bat family. Appreciation threads on this board barely reaches the 30s while batmans were in 50s with fan art alone.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 03-04-2019 at 03:41 AM.

BANNED

Jon is pretty much doomed thanks to this...thanks bendis for making Jon Kent redundant as ****

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Jon is pretty much doomed thanks to this...thanks bendis for making Jon Kent redundant as ****
    I'm holding out hope we can get this undone and Jon can be deaged. This thing was all Bendis's idea according to his reddit AMA and not editorial's plan to get rid of marriage/family. But yeah if this doesn't get undone, I believe Jon will probably fall into limbo and Supersons as we knew it will be gone for good. But I'm not giving into despair and giving up on Jon yet. I believe any damage Bendis ends up doing can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Man it's so much mixed views on Jon right now. Stuff like this and erasing other supporting characters is probably a factor in why Superman's family are nowhere near as popular as the Bat family. Appreciation threads on this board barely reaches the 30s while batmans were in 50s with fan art alone.
    Well, to an extent, we get to see the Bat Family grow as characters (much to Didio's chagrin).

Other than Clark, Lois, Kara (at times), and when he's alive, Connor, things like what happened to Jon have happened to many of his predecessors as well. I was hoping to see Jon and Damian grow up and become their own heroes. Not a random age up, but like what happened with the Bat Kids in general. Seeing them mature and grow as characters.

Are you guys reading YJ?
    I wonder what Jon is like with kids?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Are you guys reading YJ?
    I wonder what Jon is like with kids?
    Yeah, I'm wondering if this was the ulterior motive to Bendis aging Jon up, spoilers:
    so Bendis could lay a claim to introducing a brand new Super-Kid that he was soley responsible for and who's narrative he could control right from the start
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-06-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think spoilers:
    it's as simple as it meant for us to know that Jon and Kon are not the same age even though Jon's aged up by seven years. That and the beard. If Kon's been gone/missing for several years, he could be in his mid twenties, well outside of Jon's new age. Bendis clearly doesn't want them occupying the same space in terms of their stories, Jon a teen and Kon a family man. There won't be any stepping on anyone's toes.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 03-06-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think spoilers:
    it's as simple as it meant for us to know that Jon and Kon are not the same age even though Jon's aged up by seven years. That and the beard. If Kon's been gone/missing for several years, he could be in his mid twenties, well outside of Jon's new age. Bendis clearly doesn't want them occupying the same space in terms of their stories, Jon a teen and Kon a family man. There won't be any stepping on anyone's toes.
    end of spoilers
    I agree.

Age aside (which can still be ambiguous for Conner), Bendis has put Jon and Conner in situations where they can not be interchangeable.

BANNED

Adventures of the Super Sons#8

spoilers:
    Triple Crossed by Joker Junior!

And Lex Junior still tries to kill him, rofl
    end of spoilers

what was up with Jon hair in this issue of SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering if this was the ulterior motive to Bendis aging Jon up reason Jon was aged up, spoilers:
    so Bendis could lay a claim to introducing a brand new Super-Kid that he was soley responsible for and who's narrative he could control right from the start
    end of spoilers
    Writers and their ego's smh. At least it means that he has a very particular type of story he wants for Conner

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering if this was the ulterior motive to Bendis aging Jon up reason Jon was aged up, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Wait, what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wait, what?
    Crazy conspiracy. Pay it no mind.