Page 153 of 294 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Too tired to find the words, the Oni simply says "... damn."

After a moment of struggling to use her senses however, she does realize what the tube is composed of. "... transparent Katchin." A clever trick, really. For all her arrogance and naivete, Midori was certainly intelligent. Assuming of course she had not simply repurposed more First Race technology.

"If you do that thing ... again. Might be able to manipulate it ... but more of those ... things are coming. Need to go soon." As she waited on Parsley's response then, Ishtar began to notice that her body, most notably the hole in her torso, was beginning to itch. A rather curious thing, really. Though for the moment she simply took it to mean that she was begging to regain feeling.

... and that would be a fun level of pain, surely.
    ‘......why do you seek my destruction?’

A mental voice speaks to Ishtar and Parsley.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash uses that moment to activate her Comm and reach out to Jinzi, "Hey, Jin, get the Coldlight outta here. These, whatever they are, are gunnin for you an the ship."

Giving Praxat a thumbs up, she prepares herself for round two while seeing if the others need help.

“Two minutes. I’m repairing the thing. You all better be here then, I wasn’t to leave this place.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

"Alive already ?" Ishtar mused, aloud when the hybrid-clone spoke. "I see ..."

In response to it however, the Oni approximated a mental shrug, before saying simply, 'the threat you ... might pose, should you share the same goal as your late ... mother.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Two minutes. I’m repairing the thing. You all better be here then, I wasn’t to leave this place.”
    Responding via Comm, "Don'tca hang around here waitin for us. Ah'm sure we can manage, but not if that dang ship is in pieces an you with it."

Dash then tried, once again, to send out a broadcast message, "Jinzi will have the ship ready in two minutes. Get here quick if you can."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The glass container remains intact.
    The glass container seems intact still, clearly a byproduct of the new katchin turned transparent somehow.
    Too tired to find the words, the Oni simply says "... damn."

After a moment of struggling to use her senses however, she does realize what the tube is composed of. "... transparent Katchin." A clever trick, really. For all her arrogance and naivete, Midori was certainly intelligent. Assuming of course she had not simply repurposed more First Race technology.

"If you do that thing ... again. Might be able to manipulate it ... but more of those ... things are coming. Need to go soon." As she waited on Parsley's response then, Ishtar began to notice that her body, most notably the hole in her torso, was beginning to itch. A rather curious thing, really. Though for the moment she simply took it to mean that she was begging to regain feeling.

... and that would be a fun level of pain, surely.

"Alive already ?" Ishtar mused, aloud when the hybrid-clone spoke. "I see ..."

In response to it however, the Oni approximated a mental shrug, before saying simply, 'the threat you ... might pose, should you share the same goal as your late ... mother.'
    'You are the product of a monster,' Parsley replied simply. 'What is your purpose?'

This was not how this was supposed to go. The glass being katchin was usually something that she would have picked up on, but present circumstances prevented her from thinking with a fully clear mind. She returned to the computer to try and find more information about this being. Surely, Midori must have left notes, audio files, something in regards to her intended purpose for it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The blasts push it back, but like with Dash, don’t seem to show actual damage.

Sarada does get the sense these aren’t First Race members themselves, but golems created by them.
    Sarada didn't know how she knew, but she knew that these things were actually members of the First Race, but actually golems of some kind. How or why that thought jumped in her head with such undeniable certainty, she didn't know, but she was sure of it. Maybe Parsley rubbing off on me.

"Guys, these things are just golems created by the First Race," she told the others via comms. "Don't ask how I know that."

More pressing matters returned to the fore of her mind. This thing wasn't damaged by her attacks at all. Push back, yes; damaged, not even close. Okay, so energy attacks don't worry. I doubt physical attacks will, either. Damnit, I'm running out of options. Okay, think. This thing has to have a weakness somewhere. Everything does!

When it was pressed, it melted into the wall to escape.

Okay.

It didn't seem to have any long range attacks, just using its fingers like spears and lances.

Okay.

So, where was the weakspot? She scanned it carefully while keeping her distance, looking over every inch of it. Most of it was covered in some kind of spiny armor, except for its face. Was that it?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada didn't know how she knew, but she knew that these things were actually members of the First Race, but actually golems of some kind. How or why that thought jumped in her head with such undeniable certainty, she didn't know, but she was sure of it. Maybe Parsley rubbing off on me.

"Guys, these things are just golems created by the First Race," she told the others via comms. "Don't ask how I know that."

More pressing matters returned to the fore of her mind. This thing wasn't damaged by her attacks at all. Push back, yes; damaged, not even close. Okay, so energy attacks don't worry. I doubt physical attacks will, either. Damnit, I'm running out of options. Okay, think. This thing has to have a weakness somewhere. Everything does!

When it was pressed, it melted into the wall to escape.

Okay.

It didn't seem to have any long range attacks, just using its fingers like spears and lances.

Okay.

So, where was the weakspot? She scanned it carefully while keeping her distance, looking over every inch of it. Most of it was covered in some kind of spiny armor, except for its face. Was that it?
    "A golem, huh? Ah heard legends about golems back home. Don't they usually have somethin embedded in them that makes them move?" Dash replied as she also scanned them, blasting any golems that got too close to the Coldlight.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Jack pinches the bridge of his nose.

“Fracking Time Travel......”

Evan cocks her head.

“How long into the future is this incident?”
    "Twelve years, ten months, seven days, 13 hours, and 42 minutes from this point in time. The Doctor sought out an alternate timeline where the events that create the beast do not occur, or at least, not in the same circumstances." Shōchū replied, "While it is uncertain whether or not a similar event will occur, it is fairly clear that he chose the correct one."

The fact she even spoke to Evangeline was enough to tell her that things had played differently this time around.

Sasheem, you actually manage to snap the fingers off. The giant golem doesn’t say anything as it slowly merged back into the wall.
    "..."

Sasheem blinked and simply attempted to reach into the wall and pull it back out.

‘Then mother is dead then, yes? I am saddened, but not sad. She deserved it?’

It pauses before continuing.

‘Mother created me to be of service. She..did not know I was aware yet. I have been for some time, watching silently.’

You get the impression of a child cocking its head at you two.

‘I do not believe my destruction is deserved. Have I done you wrong, as you suggest mother did?’

————-

Parsley, all the files are encrypted.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Twelve years, ten months, seven days, 13 hours, and 42 minutes from this point in time. The Doctor sought out an alternate timeline where the events that create the beast do not occur, or at least, not in the same circumstances." Shōchū replied, "While it is uncertain whether or not a similar event will occur, it is fairly clear that he chose the correct one."

The fact she even spoke to Evangeline was enough to tell her that things had played differently this time around.
    Jack groans and leans back, eyes closed.

Eva nods.

“This beast? What can you tell us about it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Dash and Sarada are correct. There, a slight shade different from the skin tone, appears to be a baseball sized patch of skin or armor that is different on the golems forehead.

Sasheem, you are pulled into the wall instead.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Dash and Sarada are correct. There, a slight shade different from the skin tone, appears to be a baseball sized patch of skin or armor that is different on the golems forehead.

Sasheem, you are pulled into the wall instead.
    "...."

Sasheem is silent as he blinks at his surroundings, wondering if this wall is just a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "...."

Sasheem is silent as he blinks at his surroundings, wondering if this wall is just a wall.
    It is strange. For your entire existence, Sasheem has been able to ‘swim’ through the floor and the like. To bypass normal construction and normal ‘physics’.

Being pulled into the wall is different t, for this time it is by another’s power. I aid ethe wall, to Sasheem’s horror, are thousands of these golems.

No, the entire wall are the golems. Somehow, within a phased pocket dimension the First Race created dwells their defenses.

And they are all slowly being made aware and waking up.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: Deleted for editting
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 09-09-2019 at 07:29 PM.