Page 434 of 626 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 9381

I actually saw Phoenix cavewoman jean lookalike as an officially licensed marvel toy at the store a few months before the merger. Lmao.

I about went dark Phoenix right there in the toy aisle.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Hello Jean Grey Fans, Hope You are all doing Well.

I had a Question I have been wondering and I have been wondering Jean Fans opinions on it;

In House of X and the Series to come after that Jean Grey has been Back in her Classic Marvel Girl Hero Costume.

I think it has been Cool and Lovely seeing Jean in her classic look but what are some are your views of her being in her classic Look for House of X and going forward in the other upcoming Series like X-Men and X-Force where she is shown wearing the Marvel Girl look still?!

Also, is their a Reasoning Hickman or others choose her classic look, I have been curious?!

Thanks for any answers and for your time, Glad to be Talking about Jean Grey again!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Not many liked the costume change

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I actually saw Phoenix cavewoman jean lookalike as an officially licensed marvel toy at the store a few months before the merger. Lmao.

hhaaha marvel audacity

About the costume: I didn't liked it and there isn't any reason yet, she changed the costume

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

I had a Question I have been wondering and I have been wondering Jean Fans opinions on it;

In House of X and the Series to come after that Jean Grey has been Back in her Classic Marvel Girl Hero Costume.

I think it has been Cool and Lovely seeing Jean in her classic look but what are some are your views of her being in her classic Look for House of X and going forward in the other upcoming Series like X-Men and X-Force where she is shown wearing the Marvel Girl look still?!

Also, is their a Reasoning Hickman or others choose her classic look, I have been curious?!

Thanks for any answers and for your time, Glad to be Talking about Jean Grey again!

1 - Some hate it. Some just kinda dislike it. Some don't mind it. Some like it, though thankfully I think that's the minority. I'm on the "100% hate it and wish she was wearing anything but this" side.

2 - I guess Hickman has a reasoning but we don't know what that is yet...

I don't remember anybody here saying that they liked the costume change
    I mean it can look good like on that artgem variant but most of the time it doesn't.

I dont dislike it per say(though the mask is my least favorite part of it), so much as what it may portray.

I'm cool with it in, say, X-Men Red Annual #1's Marvel Girl Jean

HOX #4 Marvel Girl Jean?....not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    HOX #4 Marvel Girl Jean?....not so much
    Larraz could make her look good on a few panels but he is the exception.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-13-2019 at 08:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

It's a great costume, but it seems to be in place to signify that Jean Grey will be put back in her place, i.e. secondary, incapable, weak. I LOVE the look, but...yeah

I think an assault rifle on the back and a machete strapped to her thigh would really modernize the whole aesthetic and show her strength.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I haven't read Avengers in years. Any idea of where this Phonix lady story went?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I haven't read Avengers in years. Any idea of where this Phonix lady story went?
    Each member gets a spotlight issue but only Ghost Rider and Iron Fist's have come out and Starbrand's is in November. So Big Bird's will be next year or 2021 when the run ends. Oh, and the whole team will meet Iron Man soon.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Larraz could make her look good on a few panels but he is the exception.
    Oh, I meant personality and power wise...she was very much modern Jean in the Red Annual, despite the Marvel Girl dress

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Each member gets a spotlight issue but only Ghost Rider and Iron Fist's have come out and Starbrand's is in November. So Big Bird's will be next year or 2021 when the run ends. Oh, and the whole team will meet Iron Man soon.
    Thanks
    I would like to know if she is related to Jean on any way, I hope there is some kind of connection.

Do you guys/girls think that being a Phoenix host should extend an individual's life span?
    I think it should, the Phoenix is a symbol of life and death, but mostly about resurrection (which seems way more complicated than preventing aging)
    the problem is that we have seen both, Rachel and Wolverine get old while being Phoenix host.