Goldballs is now everyone's mother
    Goldballs the All-Mother

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Goldballs is now everyone's mother
    LOL pretty much. That's IF you die.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think thats why they are going out of their way to say that. Every case of duplicates we have seen with mutants there has been identity problems. Cable/Strife Jean/Maddie perhaps is that battle of the original soul or it's splitting that makes them unstable. Jean did reabsorb part of her essence from Maddie implying that it was split because a "duplicate" well in Maddie's case a clone, exists.
    Interesting. While I thought the explanation for Maddie and Jean was the fragment of the Phoenix Force that found it's way to Maddie thinking it was Jean combined with the original idea that Jean and the PF were forever connected, that whole plot has certainly gone through enough revisions to support such an interpretation.

Who's the daddy, Hope or Elixir?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Actuallly without Xavier or another telepath. A gun can't shoot itself and cerebro can't do much on it's own either. So it's basically a tool.
    Yes but ultimately it's the final step and a crucial tool so without it they will be screwed even if Xavier was still there. Thus it's ironical that a machine is animating the eggs and filling them with the essence that makes them who they are. It reminds me of the multivac computer from the Isaac Asimov stories which solved the ultimate riddle but didn't have any audience to share the discovery with mankind having perished so it declares let there be light and restarts the universe.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Who's the daddy, Hope or Elixir?
    That would be Proteus.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Interesting. While I thought the explanation for Maddie and Jean was the fragment of the Phoenix Force that found it's way to Maddie thinking it was Jean combined with the original idea that Jean and the PF were forever connected, that whole plot has certainly gone through enough revisions to support such an interpretation.
    History of the marvel universe 3 also states The Phoenix created a spoilers:
    duplicate
    end of spoilers of Jean. Which can also connect to why you had Phoenix for all intents and purposes seemed like Jean but was able to do what Dark Phoenix did. Could also explain why her original body didn't react until her consciousness left the phoenix duplicate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Yes but ultimately it's the final step and a crucial tool so without it they will be screwed even if Xavier was still there. Thus it's ironical that a machine is animating the eggs and filling them with the essence that makes them who they are. It reminds me of the multivac computer from the Isaac Asimov stories which solved the ultimate riddle but didn't have any audience to share the discovery with mankind having perished so it declares let there be light and restarts the universe.
    Not really, he is storing the stuff other places around the world, their memory. Jean has moved her own consciousness without the aid of cerebro so while it makes it easier i don't think it's needed. It's more like a sperm bank.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Proteus, Elixir, and Hope are the All-Fathers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's the mess politics. Mutants are setting up their own world to live in peace, and sadly with a reversely new climate change, things do get messy. IN order to abolish slavery, plenty of people got killed fighting that battle. All people who had family & friends. But sadly that's what things had come to in terms of liberating the oppressed.

Unfortunately when it comes to prejudiced, things will get messier before they improve. If they ever really do. Humans have been killing mutants & hating on them for ages by lumping ALL of them in with the bad eggs.

But humans are not accommodating or trying to make things easier, now mutants are going to play a more ruthless game with a forced hand. NOW they are still flawed. We can see what appear to be cracks in the way they handle things, but they don't seem like the villains here.

I agree with Jianna, a youtube reviewer on that. That's Magneto talking and his stance. But he does not speak for everyone. All mutants do not feel that way. SOME do. Mystique is another one of them. BUT Hickman has outright stated that Magneto is a villain & Xavier is a hero. So there will be an inevitable clash somewhere with that. Chances are, Magneto will take things too far & be met with some push-back.
    Fair enough. I'll be reassured to see different ideologies manifest themselves actually down the line, because right now Krakoa seems more like a theocracy than a democracy to me, and there's no way that will make for an healthy, sustainable society without serious issues in its trail. Too many ways for things to spiral into abuse of power... They are figuring themselves out, yes, once the dust is settled we'll see what direction they'll try to go forward.
    I hope it won't be in a kind of bloody revolution where crushing bystanders is fair game, because that's not what the X-Men are supposed to stand for. That's not what even themselves should view themselves as. Call me naive, but they are supposed to be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So like I didn't actually disagree with you merely pointing out that both the humans and mutants consider themselves separate and that those self imposed definitions are more important to then the technicality of there similar DNA as evidence by them creating their own language/culture separate from humans.
    Mea culpa, I didn't understand your initial remark that way. I wonder then why people like Beast don't point that out whenever someone in-universe feed this convention. He's usually on top of this kind of things actually.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    It's ironic that ultimately the resurrections all depend on cerebro a soulless machine as without it they will remain only empty husks.Lol
    Cerebro is only used to transfer their memories into the bodies. They can be animated without having those memories, though they obviously wouldnt be the same characters if that happened

Okay, I think anyone who was really paying attention and closely reading House of X and Powers of X pretty much figured out what the big twist that was being set up. Maybe not exact details, but definitely the general idea. Nevertheless, what Jonathan Hickman has done with the X-Men in this issue will, no doubt be talked and debated about for years. Because, as I talk about in my review, not only is House of X #5 the most controversial X-Men comic this year (it does involve spoilers:
    cloning
    end of spoilers after all) it's likely the best X-Men comic this year. Yes, even surpassing House of X #2, which was also fantastic.

Stillanerd Reads: House of X #5
    Last edited by stillanerd; 09-19-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Wow, my LCS had a delayed delivery, I got my copy 24 hours late and this thread is already 80 pages deep and too thick to decipher!

So many pages, I don't know if it was mentioned before, but any guess of the reason Proteus is hosting only Xavier husks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    So many pages, I don't know if it was mentioned before, but any guess of the reason Proteus is hosting only Xavier husks?
    Only reasons i can think is either Xavier is his real father or because of who Legion is and his powers Xavier has the best genetic makeup for his x-gene and consciousness.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.