Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Emiko Queen (Red Arrow) Appreciation

I think that she is one interesting character..

She will appear soon in two comics, Green Arrow and the Teen Titans.. Is time for create Emiko Appreciation.

This is a summary about her:

Emiko Queen(called previously Emiko Lacroix) was born to Robert Queen and Shado on Starfish Island. However, as a baby, she was kidnapped by her father's protégé-turned-enemy, Simon Lacroix, better known as Komodo. Lacroix would train Emiko for years with the Outsiders' Arrow clan, leading her to believe he was her father.

Years later, she knew the truth and she started to live with Oliver Queen(her halfbrother), helping Green Arrow in his adventures.. With the time she wanted to be Red Arrow, but her brother did not accept this despite she was one important member of Arrow family... However this changed when she was seriously injured saving his brother life, making him accept that she was the new RED ARROW..

Emiko Queen Red Arrow.jpg

Oliver Queen suggested her for Teen Titans.. But when she met Damian in TT comic, she rejected the offer.. However, after NO JUSTICE events, she joined the New Teen Titans in Teen Titans Special 1..

Extra Note: She is the Damian Wayne(robin) first confirmed crush.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Emiko Queen Gallery

Emiko Queen Lacroix.jpg
    Emiko appearence in her first Green Arrow run

Emiko_Queen_Red Arrow_002.jpg
    Emiko first days as Red Arrow in her second GA run.

emiko queen oliver queen dinah lance.jpg
    Casual costume with her brother and Dinah
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2018 at 06:27 AM.

BANNED

While she hasn't become one of my all-time favorite characters like the Justice League of China and Jessica Cruz, Emi was still one of the best characters in DC Rebirth and the main reason I stuck with Green Arrow as long as I did. She was just one of those characters that instantly clicked with me, even if I couldn't explain why.

Also, Damian may be crushing on her and she may be crushing on Dick, but I'd personally love it if she got with Cass instead. Think that could be a lot of fun.

Shame that with my dropping GA and lack of interest in the new Teen Titans book, I won't be reading anything with her now.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    While she hasn't become one of my all-time favorite characters like the Justice League of China and Jessica Cruz, Emi was still one of the best characters in DC Rebirth and the main reason I stuck with Green Arrow as long as I did. She was just one of those characters that instantly clicked with me, even if I couldn't explain why.

Also, Damian may be crushing on her and she may be crushing on Dick, but I'd personally love it if she got with Cass instead. Think that could be a lot of fun.

Shame that with my dropping GA and lack of interest in the new Teen Titans book, I won't be reading anything with her now.
    The same thing happened to me.. For unknown reasons she interested me too..

Steph fall in love to Dick too, in Batman Robin eternal.. I am not against this relathinship but if this TT run ignore this, I do not care.. I added this as one extra note..

Talking about Cass, I heard that we will see many teams in the Hall of Justice... Maybe the Outsiders are included in this(like the TT) and you will see that someday..

I can understand this lack of interest in both comics, the writers, no?
    I heard that birds of prey writer will be GA writer.. and I heard that the TT writer will be, someone who made one bad work with N52 suicide squad.

I am only interested in 3 TT characters now.. Damian, Emiko and the newbie magical girl Djinn.. Seems one interesting character... I hope that this writer doesn´t ruin my hopes in her..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2018 at 07:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Steph fall in love to Dick too, in Batman Robin eternal.
    It's a running thing that female heroes drool over Dick. It's one of the many reasons I'm not a fan of him.

Maybe the Outsiders are included in this, like the TT and you will see that someday.
    Much as I want to see the two interact (and there's no reason there couldn't be a team-up or crossover) having the Outsiders work directly with the League kinda defeats the point of the Outsiders.

I can understand this lack of interest in both comics, the writers, no?[/B] I heard that birds of prey writer will be GA writer.. and I heard that the TT writer will be, someone who made one bad work with N52 suicide squad.
    Bingo bongo. In GA's case, I've also promised myself that I will not buy a single issue of Green Arrow now until Connor Hawke is back.

I am only interested in 3 TT characters now.. Damian, Emiko and the newbie magical girl Djinn.. Seems one interesting character... I hope that this writer doesn´t ruin my hopes in her..
    Djinn has a 10/10 character design and I also like the look of Roundhouse*, but I can't shake the feeling that they really are just New-Bunker and New-Skitter and will be sent to permalimbo like so many other teen heroes after this run.

*In regards to everyone else, NuWally is growing on me, Crush may be cool or I may dislike her as much as her dad, Emi's awesome and you know my feelings toward Damian are complicated.

It's a running thing that female heroes drool over Dick. It's one of the many reasons I'm not a fan of him.
    Much as I want to see the two interact (and there's no reason there couldn't be a team-up or crossover) having the Outsiders work directly with the League kinda defeats the point of the Outsiders.
    You are right... You made me remind the reason of OUTSIDERS creation...

Djinn has a 10/10 character design and I also like the look of Roundhouse*, but I can't shake the feeling that they really are just New-Bunker and New-Skitter and will be sent to permalimbo like so many other teen heroes after this run.

*In regards to everyone else, NuWally is growing on me, Crush may be cool or I may dislike her as much as her dad, Emi's awesome and you know my feelings toward Damian are complicated.
    I like Dick but... I am not fan of these things too... I don´t want to see Damian in 10 years(for example) with the same age and 5 ex-girlfriends... Please, no..

I saw these opinions in internet too... I hope that Djinn is one magical girl with interesting powers.. For now, I saw her more interesting than the others 2..

Nothing against NuWally, but I miss Aqualad... Damian was created to be complicated... Is superboy opposite case..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Love Emiko, haven’t followed her adventures since Lemire and Sorrentino’s GA run ended. Might give the new Teen Titans a look, if that’s where she’ll be featured at....
    #MagnetoWasRight

Roundhouse looks like he's from the same planet as Beacon (Superboy's friend Kathy). If he is, why didn't they just use her, and if he isn't, why does he have the same blue skin blond hair combo, that's lazy designing. Either way, his personality had better make up for his design, or else.

Emiko joining was overdue though. They should've had her accept the offer in the first place. Considering Super Sons got the chop, they should've had Superboy too, the reason he didn't join was that the other Titans didn't want him there - but only one of them (Wally) is still on the team!

I'm indifferent to Crush, as I haven't read anything with Lobo, and Djinn, who at least looks original.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

More about the new TT:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/inside-...medium=twitter

Roundhouse was Wally II idea.. Emiko never supported add him.. hahahhaa
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2018 at 09:34 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Roundhouse looks like he's from the same planet as Beacon (Superboy's friend Kathy). If he is, why didn't they just use her, and if he isn't, why does he have the same blue skin blond hair combo, that's lazy designing. Either way, his personality had better make up for his design, or else.

Emiko joining was overdue though. They should've had her accept the offer in the first place. Considering Super Sons got the chop, they should've had Superboy too, the reason he didn't join was that the other Titans didn't want him there - but only one of them (Wally) is still on the team!

I'm indifferent to Crush, as I haven't read anything with Lobo, and Djinn, who at least looks original.
    Kathy's skin is green Roundhouse is blue.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Rounhouse powers are different than Kathy powers... You should see the link in my previous post..

Another user mentioned that DC is pushing wally II(he appeared in flash, TT and deathstroke)... I am not surprised for see him again here.. After TT Special 1, we will continue in TEEN TITANS 20... The old TT members in other teams and Aqualad missing..

About Djinn, I saw her profile and is interesting.. She is the only who adams suggests that maybe will be involved with somebody romantically on the team.

So, maybe nothing of Damian and Emiko for now.. hahhahaa.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-27-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I don't see them together romantically, but it would probably be a fun team-up .

I could see Emi reminding Cass of Steph.

Mighty Member

I knew she was going to join the Titans eventually. Judging by the link provided, she's going to be a good fit. The writer was spot on when he mentioned he didn't want Damian`s group to be dick`s hand me downs. But fans won't let go, sadly.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I thought she was great in Lemire's GA run. I would love too see her, Damian, Jon and others on a new YJ team.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sold!!!! Definitely checking this out, but it makes me wonder, where’s Superboy!?
    #MagnetoWasRight