Page 359 of 376 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 5630
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I haven't seen it drawn that way recently anywhere else, but that picture. It still has the V shape in Flash War. Though, the costume Hunter put on has the old belt along with lack of lines and chin cover.
    The suit hunter put on was supposed to be the original Flash costume, the one Thawne wore in Return of Barry Allen.

The issue right before Flash War also had the straight belt (and winged boots) in a few panels, and was also drawn by Kollins, I believe, but those were mistakes.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The suit hunter put on was supposed to be the original Flash costume, the one Thawne wore in Return of Barry Allen.

The issue right before Flash War also had the straight belt (and winged boots) in a few panels, and was also drawn by Kollins, I believe, but those were mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I haven't seen it drawn that way recently anywhere else, but that picture. It still has the V shape in Flash War. Though, the costume Hunter put on has the old belt along with lack of lines and chin cover.
    Oh yeah, it's a small change in this pic, but I think it looks cool with the lines. Still it makes me wonder why Thawnes suit doesn't have any lines.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So, in JL today John recalls the Xanshi incident and specifically tells Barry that he wasn't around at the time.

It's up in the air still, but Wally's tenure as main Flash is probably about to be recognized, since Barry's death is sort of in as well.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Question out of curiosity.

Who are people's favorite Wally? When you picture Wally who's art and depiction first comes to mind?

For me it's Greg Laroque. He drew Wally the longest and drew a big chunk of his best stories and development.

That long face with the pointy chin and wavy hair. and hairline. Also that playful smirk he usually drew on Wally was classic.

Flash_Wally_West_0100.jpg

I think the JL cartoon took inspiration from that look.

Wally_West_JLU-1.jpg

A close second for me would be Oscar Jimenez. I like his art style and admittedly he was my first Flash artist with Dead Heat.

Flash_Wally_West_0068.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Who are people's favorite Wally? When you picture Wally who's art and depiction first comes to mind?

For me it's Greg Laroque. He drew Wally the longest and drew a big chunk of his best stories and development.

That long face with the pointy chin and wavy hair. and hairline. Also that playful smirk he usually drew on Wally was classic.

Wally_West_JLU-1.jpg

A close second for me would be Oscar Jimenez. I like his art style and admittedly he was my first Flash artist with Dead Heat.

When I think of Wally, Greg Laroque usually comes up first and then Scot Kolins. That said, I'll probably always hear Michael Rosenbaum whenever I'm imagining Wally's voice.

I don't like Greg Laraque's style. The Return of Barry Allen would have been a better known story if it wasn't for his dated art style. He also couldn't draw Wally as a child at all. Wally had the face of a 30 year old in Born to Run and that rubbed me off the really wrong way.

My picks are Scott Kolins, Howard Porter and Christian Duce. I wish Manapul got to draw him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I don't like Greg Laraque's style. The Return of Barry Allen would have been a better known story if it wasn't for his dated art style. He also couldn't draw Wally as a child at all. Wally had the face of a 30 year old in Born to Run and that rubbed me off the really wrong way.

My picks are Scott Kolins, Howard Porter and Christian Duce. I wish Manapul got to draw him though.
    Manupal drawing Wally really would be a dream come true. He's my number one pick for a Wally solo. With our look though we'd probably end up with Brett Booth.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Scott Kolins, honestly. Him and George Perez are who I think of for the specific Flash/Kid Flash eras of Wally's life.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    So, in JL today John recalls the Xanshi incident and specifically tells Barry that he wasn't around at the time.

It's up in the air still, but Wally's tenure as main Flash is probably about to be recognized, since Barry's death is sort of in as well.
    This is very important actually. I looked at the specific page and John says "Barry, you weren't around back then". So it avoids confirming his death but his disappearence is noted at least.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Probably Oscar Jimenez followed by 'Ringo followed by LaRoque. So, yeah, going through Waid's run backwards for some reason. Jimenez was just great. Really sad that he didn't make more of a name for himself in the comics biz - though I hear he was a bit of a pain to work with.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Wally_West_JLU-1.jpg

I liked Laroque and also Brian Augustyn.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

I know what you'r saying as far as Larocque goes and I kinda agree from a subjective point of view but he still THE Wally artist for me and did a great job.

I don't really like Kolins in general but he was on Flash for a bit during Johns big stories so he is one of those that come to mind. But I still don't really care for him. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Probably Oscar Jimenez followed by 'Ringo followed by LaRoque. So, yeah, going through Waid's run backwards for some reason. Jimenez was just great. Really sad that he didn't make more of a name for himself in the comics biz - though I hear he was a bit of a pain to work with.
    I loved Jimenez and wish he would have stayed on longer. Paul Ryan was also pretty good and had a decent run.

I also like Dan Jurgens Flash. Don't really remember him drawing Wally without the mask but really liked how he drew Wally's Flash in costume.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I liked Laroque and also Brian Augustyn.
    Larocque is great. I think Brian Augustyn was a writer and not on art.

I see your Jay avatar is back. A new hope?

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Scott Kolins in my Wally artist of preference. I LOVED his pencils. It had this weird amalgamation of being basic and stripped-down, but also vibrant, bright, and incredibly expressive. He will always be my definitive Wally.

Larocque is great. I think Brian Augustyn was a writer and not on art.

I see your Jay avatar is back. A new hope?
    I’m being optimistic but if they leave me hanging next week then it’s going to be in memory of
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!