Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A few years ago Gale Ann Herd told that when Riggs was hired , she asked if he was gonna be there for the long term. She applauded how long he agreed to do the show and that many kids wanna leave after a few years for life. But Riggs stuck around and did it a few years after she said this.
    Yea he has been on the show since the start, so we can’t blame him for wanting to move on with his life.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Life sadly goes by so fast...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

So y'all are not going to talk about how the writers threw Eugene under the bus to deflect blame from Daryl? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    So y'all are not going to talk about how the writers threw Eugene under the bus to deflect blame from Daryl? lol
    Didn't someone already mention the writing.

Damn, and I was considering how different A New Beginning would look just because of the Michonne/Andrea switch. That pales to no Carl. At this point I can only imagine that maybe his role is given to Enid or something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Damn, and I was considering how different A New Beginning would look just because of the Michonne/Andrea switch. That pales to no Carl. At this point I can only imagine that maybe his role is given to Enid or something.
    If there is a time jump ahead , Judith will be 7-8 years old. The same age when Carl started. I could see that happening.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Also Negan will take Carl's death a bit hard. Its clear Negan likes Carl. He seems to as they said on Talking Dead ; view him as a son type. Its why he tells Rick , he's gonna be great under me. Because Negan seems to think of Carl as perhaps the future after him. Which is what Rick and Negan both seemed to want. They both have visions of the future and how Carl will be that. And now both will have to come to realization that won't happen.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Another complaint. All this stuff happening in the dark, I couldn't follow half of it.
    Me too. Is it just me or is it sometimes hard to understand Eugene's dialogue? He has weird speech patterns but I think the actor runs the words together too fast sometimes. Maybe I need to turn on the captioning

I'm still not clear on how exactly Eugene's plan worked. The last I recall, the drone was shot down. It also seemed to me that the Saviors suddenly grew some more troops in a lab or something. They've had a lot of losses and the walkers were getting quite a few of their numbers as I recall from last week.

I know another reason why Carl had to be written out. I noticed in those close ups that Chandler Riggs is starting to grow facial hair. He's growing up fast in front of us.

BTW, those slow mo close ups of the major characters was a waste of time.

Sounds like the actor did NOT want off the show...saw an interview with him saying he was surprised and had just bought a house recently in the area where they film. Also saw his parents saying the same...he didn't want off and his dad said he was "fired" by Scott Gimple (showrunner).

I was okay with killing Carl when I thought it sounded like he wanted out...because, if the actor wants to go, what're you gonna do? But why kill him off? Shock value...bring back some ratings....

Should have killed Daryl. Sick of that character.

Facebook post from Chandler Riggs' dad:

Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing. I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Fired is an odd term for them to use. Main cast members usually have a contractual agreement with the producers/network. Standard contracts for TV shows used to be a run of 7 seasons but I don't know what they are for TWD cast.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Didn't someone already mention the writing.
    Not when it came to to this lol

if you are going to kill a major character you have to do it in a big way. This wasnt a big one. This was like when Tyreese died, and that was a bad one for a minor character. Randomly doing side quests that has nothing to do with the main story.

I think they drove the zombos away by using the radio of the truck that they crashed in. Some one got on it and drove away. They basically gave them the key out.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It was just so dumb. How did they get out? What happened to all the zombies inside? How did they come up with a plan so fast? How did they know the exact spot to catch Maggie on the road if they have all been locked up and had no idea what was going on outside all this time? Where did this huge army of saviors come from after seeing over 100 of them killed off over the last two season? How did all the snipers left at the santuary get taken out? There were just so many plots sinkholes (they are too big to just be called plotholes) that it made watching this episode hard to get through.

It really was just amatuer hour writing on ever level. It was like they came up with the "lets kill Carl" idea and didn't worry about the rest of the episode as long as they got there. It really was "well they have been winning so far this season time to just flip it 180 even if it doesn't make any goddamned sense in how it happens"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    How is that at all surprising?