Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The CW's Wonder Girl

Yes, the Arrowverse is getting a new member. Or maybe Stargirl's Earth does, or maybe it's on a separate Earth alltogether, it's not yet revealed, one way or the other, Wonder Girl is coming to The CW.
    But not Donna or Cassie, Yara Flor, a character who hasn't even appeared in the comics yet

https://deadline.com/2020/11/wonder-...cw-1234616503/

What do y'all think?

Well that was fast.

It's probably surprising given she hasn't even debuted yet. Honestly I thought Cassie was gonna be used instead. It's an interesting case because they are creating her from scratch and she's gonna evolve separately from the comics. But most Marvel/DC adaptations are their own thing anyway so that's a moot point.

I think that the new Batwoman, as well as characters like Felicity, Sara and Diggle, prove that character longevity isn't really a factor in how the CW picks what to use on their shows.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I misread this initially and I thought it was going to star Dailyn Rodriguez as Wonder Girl. and I was, "what are they thinking?" But she is only a producer.

Oh, oh, can I do the first, "When is this going to crossover with the Flash?" comment.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Well, that was a quick turnaround.

What's funny is that they could have had a full-female version of the Trinity- Supergirl, Batwoman, and Wonder Girl; but because of timing, Supergirl won't be around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What's funny is that they could have had a full-female version of the Trinity- Supergirl, Batwoman, and Wonder Girl; but because of timing, Supergirl won't be around anymore.
    Superman it is, then .

While her show is ending, I suspect Supergirl will make appearances. Unless they stupidly kill her for the finale.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    While her show is ending, I suspect Supergirl will make appearances. Unless they stupidly kill her for the finale.
    I'm still suspecting that she goes into the 31st century to be with Mon El.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They can already introduce Power Girl.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if the show will take place in the future like the comics. (Well a little bit in the future)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I wonder if the show will take place in the future like the comics. (Well a little bit in the future)
    If it's set in the Arrowverse, I can't see it not being set it in the modern day.

Retired

This is the first I'm hearing about this new Wonder Girl. Poor Donna Troy never got a shot.

What I find curious is how quick they are to give creator credit to Joëlle Jones for this spin-off character. It's weird who gets creator credit and who doesn't. For Supergirl they always give credit to Siegel and Shuster, even though they didn't create Kara Zor-El. Otto Binder created her, but he never gets credit.

This seems like the situation with Barbara Gordon/Batgirl, in that Gardner Fox and Carmine Infantino created her for the T.V. show. Timing meant that Babs actually appeared in a comic book first. But I don't think we've ever seen Fox and Infantino credited as creators on the screen. Maybe in the comic books they've gotten credits on occasion, but no recognition for any adaptations such as in the Animated Series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They can already introduce Power Girl.
    I would love that, but I am not sure the resulting s*** storm is something that CW is prepared for.