Page 190 of 200 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 2987
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    What's your definition of "wider DCU"?

The All Caste was specifically created for Jason.
    Ma Gunn was specifically created for Jason in his post-crisis origin story.
    I guess the Outlaws - the team name - was specifically created for Jason.
    This version of Bizarro was specifically created for the Outlaws.

Artemis - I give you that - is awesome.
    Jason-Roy friendship is nice but I still wished Jason could have a better best friend. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to throw shade on Roy - but his character is in a bad position - and not because he's dead. But neither the Arrow franchise nor the Titans franchise seem to be particularly interested in his character. And I don't think DC is interested enough in giving Roy a solo. Green Arrow himself didn't have a solo for quite some time. Which is sad. The Arrow family is so big but feels so overlooked.

And can we at least make a wide berth around the Justice League, the Titans and most members of the batfamily? I'm too tired of them. I think I said it once already but I'm not agreeing with DC's definition of "hero".
    While it's true many of those things were built around Jason, they still have roots or connections to the wider DCU that would have made them otherwise inaccessible had the wider DCU been completely ignored. I'm all for the book being a largely self contained series that isn't dragged into constant crossovers, I just don't think cutting it off completely from everything else would be beneficial either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Would be such a disappointement for me to only see RH in Urban Legends in march...

Maybe Zdarsky or Rosenberg are only available later in 2021 for a full time run on Red Hood..?

Any DC official news regarding this would be nice, at this point...
    Solicits come out tomorrow so we'll have an answer soon. Even if it turns out he doesn't have a book out in March, I wouldn't be all that worried. Way I see it, they wouldn't of bothered to give him a back up story in Future Slate if they at least didn't have some plans in the works for him in the (relatively) near future.

Plus, in all honesty, I wouldn't even mind his solo spinning out of Zdarsky's story if it means we'll keep him as the ongoing writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    While it's true many of those things were built around Jason, they still have roots or connections to the wider DCU that would have made them otherwise inaccessible had the wider DCU been completely ignored. I'm all for the book being a largely self contained series that isn't dragged into constant crossovers, I just don't think cutting it off completely from everything else would be beneficial either.

Solicits come out tomorrow so we'll have an answer soon. Even if it turns out he doesn't have a book out in March, I wouldn't be all that worried. Way I see it, they wouldn't of bothered to give him a back up story in Future Slate if they at least didn't have some plans in the works for him in the (relatively) near future.

Plus, in all honesty, I wouldn't even mind his solo spinning out of Zdarsky's story if it means we'll keep him as the ongoing writer.
    Honestly, we already know DC has plans for Jason in the near future.

Jason (along Batman) seems to be the face for Batman Urban Legends anthology. He will be in 6 issue arc (at least) in what seems to be the "main story".

That seems to be more than Barbara, who seems to be supporting character for Dick.
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-17-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, we already know DC has plans for Jason in the near future.
    That's my point

Zdarsky's Jason/Batman story in Urban legends already blew past my expections of what his post Future State fate may look like. While I would love to have an ongoing alongside it, I don't think it would automatically be a bad sign if he doesn't end up with one either.

If it helps...

Solicit for Zdarsky's story seems to imply it's from Jason's POV, which is something that makes me think he's the main focus of the drama, and he's the one who moves and suffers the story, not Bruce. If he's initially a suspect, I'm guessing things will soon move towards Jason being proved innocent of whatever bad stuff Batman blames him, and then both resume the inquiry together, as a team. It's a common buddy cop storyline that works fine for a mini of six, I think.

Well, just in case I'm gonna pretend there's no solo ongoing as I'm about to get some sleep (it's late where I live).

At the very least Nightwing's new thing is exciting.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Welp, no Red Hood on March solicits

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...18/dcmarch.htm

Surprised DC’s only putting out 20 new books in March.

Amazing Member

Sad and pissed... Damn DC...

After his run in Batman Urban Legends, he better get his solo back, ffs..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Welp, no Red Hood on March solicits

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...18/dcmarch.htm
    I'm not surprised. In fact, after I see him on Batman Urban Legends, I was almost sure Jason won't get a solo in March.

DC really want to decrease the amount of comics. So, they won't likely put him on the anthology if he has a solo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I'm not surprised. In fact, after I see him on Batman Urban Legends, I was almost sure Jason won't get a solo in March.

DC really want to decrease the amount of comics. So, they won't likely put him on the anthology if he has a solo.
    But Harley is in the anthology and she still has a solo.

I’m pissed right now..

I'm disappointed, but not even remotely surprised anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    But Harley is in the anthology and she still has a solo.

I’m pissed right now..
    Harley is like Batman for DC, so she can appear in many things.

The situation of Jason is similar to Poison Ivy, who seems to be only on that anthology (with Harley).
    Last edited by Konja7; 12-18-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Oh fuck off DC lmao.

Why wouldn't they stop the ongoing after Lobdell's departure then? The bumper/filler arc gave me hope.

8 years wishing for Lobdell to leave only to have the book straight-up cancelled after it finally happens, I'm kinda pissed ngl.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Oh fuck off DC lmao.

Why wouldn't they stop the ongoing after Lobdell's departure then? The bumper/filler arc gave me hope.

8 years wishing for Lobdell to leave only to have the book straight-up cancelled after it finally happens, I'm kinda pissed ngl.
    Same here. I hope DC see the mistake that their making..

It seems like some stories will spin off to other books. Williamson is only writing two back-ups that start and end in March, there is no way he doesn't get another book of his own. So maybe the anthology with Red Hood will get him a new series after it ends.