Page 165 of 360 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Cool haul. I'm not a collector of Artist's Editions, but if there's one I want, it's the David Mazzucchelli Daredevil Born Again edition.

Glad to see someone else giving Captain Britain some love. I'm fond of those 2 CB OHCS, though they're not to everyone's liking. Do you have the other one "Birth of a Legend"?.
    Thanks! DD was the one AE I really wanted but got the Kane one for "cheap" so couldn't resist (I thought someone will outbid me).
    If you can save up the money and find a good auction I say go for it (especially knowing how big of a DD fan you are). I love the story and the art but the colouring never worked for me especially with the paper MArvel use. I set down with my flatmate today when the AE arrived to drool over it and she was checking the Eaglemoss hc edition of Born again and both of us agreed that I can just gave that away because we won't take another look at that ever again.
    Got both volumes of Cap Br. like 3 weeks ago vol2 just took longer to arrive from the US. HAven't read them yet but I usually like B list MArvel and DC heroes and wnted to get these volumes for years just never got around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    OMG someone else got the Phantom books too! How much was volume 1 though? I've only seen it for ridiculous prices and their prices are quite high to begin with for the quality.
    I waited for the right price for Volume 1 of the Phantom.I paid around $60 for it.I wanted it bad.Thanks
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Incredible Member

Glad to see someone else giving Captain Britain some love. I'm fond of those 2 CB OHCS, though they're not to everyone's liking. Do you have the other one "Birth of a Legend"?.
    The BK/CB arc with Stokes on art was definitely the highlight of the 2 OHCs for me.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thanks! DD was the one AE I really wanted but got the Kane one for "cheap" so couldn't resist (I thought someone will outbid me).
    If you can save up the money and find a good auction I say go for it (especially knowing how big of a DD fan you are). I love the story and the art but the colouring never worked for me especially with the paper MArvel use. I set down with my flatmate today when the AE arrived to drool over it and she was checking the Eaglemoss hc edition of Born again and both of us agreed that I can just gave that away because we won't take another look at that ever again.
    Got both volumes of Cap Br. like 3 weeks ago vol2 just took longer to arrive from the US. HAven't read them yet but I usually like B list MArvel and DC heroes and wnted to get these volumes for years just never got around it.
    Artist's Editions are generally out of my size and price ranges, but you know, I will actually be on the lookout for a "decently" priced copy of this particular Artist's Edition. Mazzucchelli, after Miller, is my favourite Daredevil artist and Born Again one of my all-time favourite stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    The BK/CB arc with Stokes on art was definitely the highlight of the 2 OHCs for me.
    Yes, absolutely, those Black Knight/Cap Britain stories by Parkhouse/Stokes/Neary were one of the best things in those OHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by OriolesMagic18 View Post
    My mail call for this past week:

Would love to have that The Boys Def. Edition. Hope to pick up some good stuff for this winter just got a nice check yesterday and i most certainly would love to pick that up.

I can sometimes predict the future....

Sometime soon I will be going onto comixology and buying the John Ostrander run on Firestorm. (I was looking at latest releases, and noticed DC are cracking on with getting the run on digital, won't be that much longer before it's all available. As soon as it is, will be making my first comics purchase for months.)

OriolesMagic18: Must admit that when I saw that SilverAge JLA omnibus, thought "Jeez, would love to browse that". Good haul in general...Alias is wonderful. And "Boys" is a series that I enjoyed a fair bit on first read, but enjoyed much more on second read. But deep down still think it would have been an even better series if Garth E had just stuck more seriously to basic question "how would super heroes fare in the real world" and cut out on the "in jokes" on existing super hero comics.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 09-17-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Incredible Member

September so far. image.jpgTook advantage of the midtown sale. The Private Eye was signed book plate edition for $10, Fight Club 2 for $6.

^^ I wonder why Thor is vol 1? Maybe the first Mighty Thor ohc will be Thor vol 2...?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

September so far. image.jpgTook advantage of the midtown sale. The Private Eye was signed book plate edition for $10, Fight Club 2 for $6.
    Private Eye is a good book but its shape is very annoying. It doesn't fit on the bookshelf.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yes, absolutely, those Black Knight/Cap Britain stories by Parkhouse/Stokes/Neary were one of the best things in those OHCs.
    Agreed. I love those books.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Private Eye is a good book but its shape is very annoying. It doesn't fit on the bookshelf.
    Yeah I put it with my other landscape books and it is quite a bit longer. When I was flipping through it seems as if it will be a bit awkward to read as well.

Yeah I put it with my other landscape books and it is quite a bit longer. When I was flipping through it seems as if it will be a bit awkward to read as well.
    It was. Like I said, it was a good book, but after putting it on my bookshelf and how bad it stuck out because of the awkward size, I decided to sell mine. I just like my books to all fit on the shelves. And the only way it would fit was on its spine.

I didn't know they had collected editions of the Myth Adventures books! Does that one cover the whole first book?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I didn't know they had collected editions of the Myth Adventures books! Does that one cover the whole first book?
    Yes it does. As far as I know it's the only one that has been adapted.

BANNED

Nice Haul. I didn't know that Geoff Johns wrote for humanoids. I need to check that out.