Page 254 of 626 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    She should be one of the powerhouses on the team on the level of Storm.
    Storm also suffers from this exact problem though lol. She mostly just shoots lightning and that's it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Storm also suffers from this exact problem though lol. She mostly just shoots lightning and that's it.
    Storm shoots lighting, it does nothing and then the enemy puts her to sleep with one hit.
    Which is a waste, Storm's weather powers could be so versatile and amazing if someone actually used them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Storm shoots lighting, it does nothing and then the enemy puts her to sleep with one hit.
    Which is a waste, Storm's weather powers could be so versatile and amazing if someone actually used them.
    The issue is that she got overbuffed as well. Having absolute control over all of the forces of nature should make her a Galactus level superbeing.

The main thing that needs to stop is that certain creators imbue their pet with super OP abilities to try and make them more special. All it ends up doing is creating a disconnect when they aren't using those powers because they would invalidate the plot.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Well, Hickman is the guy that had Thor, Hyperion, Cap. Marvel, Hulk and Starbrand together on the same team and they weren't even the most powerful beings there (Cap. Universe was) and still managed to come up with threats dangerous enough for the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah you are right. I've been reading past X-men issues and reading her Claremont days. Storm has great powers and the weather is so diverse. It is sad when she's reduced to lightening lass. Ugh. Don't get me started on how Storm is misused by most writers.

Yeah you are right. I've been reading past X-men issues and reading her Claremont days. Storm has great powers and the weather is so diverse. It is sad when she's reduced to lightening lass. Ugh. Don't get me started on how Storm is misused by most writers.
    The problem with Storm is that they are more in love with their powers with the character. They are many years in which she only appears, does something spectacular but does not seem to have personality. In X-Men Red her only contribution is a tsunami and in Disassembled she throws a gigantic bolt. And it's cool, but Storm should be more than that.

And the only thing they do is make it more and more powerful and that does not make her more interesting.

Jean should be interesting for her personality, values and determination and her powers to be a cool addition.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, Hickman is the guy that had Thor, Hyperion, Cap. Marvel, Hulk and Starbrand together on the same team and they weren't even the most powerful beings there (Cap. Universe was) and still managed to come up with threats dangerous enough for the entire team.
    Yeah, I have been rereading his avengers stuff these days and it makes me feel like he will handle Jean fine, at least powerwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To bring it back to Jean, there's two things that need to happen to acknowledge her change from Extermination.

1. Use her pink form. That was the most significant addition to her skillset and it doesnt make sense that she wouldnt use it (especially when being overwhelmed)

2. Acknowledge the relationships she formed with people. So far she hasnt really interacted with anyone new except for Hope and that wasnt touched on at all. Teen Jean got close to Laura, the Cuckoos, Glob Herman, trained with Scarlet Witch, Thor, and Namor not to mention she had a different dynamic with Emma, Kitty and Magik. We havent see any of this addressed yet and it needs to be, just like it was with Scott in that Champions issue
    Hard to address it with her in AofXM. But I agree with you totally here. Maybe Hickman will do something good.

It is too bad that the pink form will most likely be ignored. It shouldn't be. Jean could have used it against Nate Grey considering that this new form of her power allows her to absorb psychic energy around her. This would give Jean a trump card when dealing with other telepaths. But I guess a power like this is problematic story wise. Though it does follow in continuity considering Queen Jean from the X-man series also was some sort of psychic vampire, yes? It has been so long since I've read that story.

Jean has been around so long it was cool that they gave Jean a new aspect of her power, and yet seemingly they are going to ignore it. Going by JDW's comments in an X-Man Monday I would think it is something they do not want to use.

BANNED

It is too bad that the pink form will most likely be ignored. It shouldn't be. Jean could have used it against Nate Grey considering that this new form of her power allows her to absorb psychic energy around her. This would give Jean a trump card when dealing with other telepaths. But I guess a power like this is problematic story wise. Though it does follow in continuity considering Queen Jean from the X-man series also was some sort of psychic vampire, yes? It has been so long since I've read that story.

Jean has been around so long it was cool that they gave Jean a new aspect of her power, and yet seemingly they are going to ignore it. Going by JDW's comments in an X-Man Monday I would think it is something they do not want to use.
    Yet the psi vampirism wasn’t a problem for teen Jean. Honestly Marvel wanted to do go back to the 90s when there were many Mutants around and the Xbooks being rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yet the psi vampirism wasn’t a problem for teen Jean. Honestly Marvel wanted to do go back to the 90s when there were many Mutants around and the Xbooks being rebooted.
    But the relaunch is supposed to change the X-Universe, not being them back to the 90’s.

BANNED

Let’s hope JDW leaves Marvel soon. Disney is curing a lot of people most merger.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Let’s hope JDW leaves Marvel soon. Disney is curing a lot of people most merger.
    He seems like an ok guy but I haven't liked the X-men so far under his tenure. Disassembled and Age of X-man has been hard to get through. But let's see how the Hickman era goes. JDW might surprise us.

Incredible Member

True. This is a problem when a character gets a solo comic and the writer mainly focuses in on "he/she can also do this and that".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue is that she got overbuffed as well. Having absolute control over all of the forces of nature should make her a Galactus level superbeing.

The main thing that needs to stop is that certain creators imbue their pet with super OP abilities to try and make them more special. All it ends up doing is creating a disconnect when they aren't using those powers because they would invalidate the plot.
    Super OP abilities? You mean like omega level telepath Emma who can apparently scan and connect to every mind on earth without using cerebra. Or who can effortlessly wipe knowledge of her existence from the minds of the X-men, some X-men who possess high level telepathic resistance? I guess being overbuffed only works for some and not others.