Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beta ray Bill vs Hulk

No BFR.
    I heard Hulk got a power up.
    Who wins?

The one who can stay out of range and just attack from distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The one who can stay out of range and just attack from distance.
    Eh. Ranged stuff should be pretty worthless against Immortal Hulk. He can patch himself up faster then he gets worn down.

Only one of these guys can return from a space toss however
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Bill can probably dimension dump too. Also, I recall him. shutting off gravity on a high end brick before. That would basically make Hulk easy pickings.

Without BFR, I still think BRB takes this. I'm dubious about incorporating past incarnations of Hulk into current ones. Unless...anyone have any scans of current Hulk withstanding blows of the planet destroying kind/level? Minus that, I'm inclined to give it to Bill.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Without BFR, I still think BRB takes this. I'm dubious about incorporating past incarnations of Hulk into current ones. Unless...anyone have any scans of current Hulk withstanding blows of the planet destroying kind/level? Minus that, I'm inclined to give it to Bill.
    Immortal Hulk probably lacks planet busting durability. My argument isn't that he can just shrug off Bill, just that smashing him apart doesn't matter much in the first place.

He can reconstitute his disembodied limbs and organs from across the length of a room so quickly that a fleeing scientist can't escape the resulting mass healing event and is consumed. It was... a pretty nasty sequence.

Between his omfgwtfhealing factor and "breaks Thor's skull with one punch" strength, I figure Bill's best option is to try and get rid of the guy altogether. Mileage may vary!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Immortal Hulk probably lacks planet busting durability. My argument isn't that he can just shrug off Bill, just that smashing him apart doesn't matter much in the first place.

He can reconstitute his disembodied limbs and organs from across the length of a room so quickly that a fleeing scientist can't escape the resulting mass healing event and is consumed. It was... a pretty nasty sequence.

Between his omfgwtfhealing factor and "breaks Thor's skull with one punch" strength, I figure Bill's best option is to try and get rid of the guy altogether. Mileage may vary!
    That's some healing factor. Without BFR...hmmm. About Thors skull busting...legit in your opinion?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    That's some healing factor. Without BFR...hmmm. About Thors skull busting...legit in your opinion?
    Debatable, admittedly. Mostly just because how the Thor of the era has been treated overall. By presentation it makes sense I guess? He also one shot the Hulkbuster and knocked She Hulk across state lines.

Actually, lets look at Shulk for a second. They've been making an effort to suggest she is "Savage" Hulk level. She has also out performed Thor (poor guy) in recent events. Her best haymaker gave Immortal Hulk a bloody lip.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Debatable, admittedly. Mostly just because how the Thor of the era has been treated overall. By presentation it makes sense I guess? He also one shot the Hulkbuster and knocked She Hulk across state lines.

Actually, lets look at Shulk for a second. They've been making an effort to suggest she is "Savage" Hulk level. She has also out performed Thor (poor guy) in recent events. Her best haymaker gave Immortal Hulk a bloody lip.
    You're underselling her performance by a lot. "Her best haymaker" is at the same time an exaggeration. It was a punch as she was landing from the sky. Said punch sent the guy sprawling, he looked visibly hurt by it, and her second one planted him. He had to mind games Jen to get her off guard to bfr punch her and when next we see her she's just sitting down being depressed for the Hulk having said things she didn't like, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You're underselling her performance by a lot. "Her best haymaker" is at the same time an exaggeration. It was a punch as she was landing from the sky. Said punch sent the guy sprawling, he looked visibly hurt by it, and her second one planted him. He had to mind games Jen to get her off guard to bfr punch her and when next we see her she's just sitting down being depressed for the Hulk having said things she didn't like, more or less.
    I totally forgot about the two punch combo, yeah. Just that one image of his head snapping back came to mind.

Edit: Also, her sitting stoically by herself pretty much confirms the "savage hulk" thing they are going for :P

Also, I just looked at the scans. It's pretty much what you say.

Double edit: Although he did just catch her 3rd blow before he really got the mind games going. It's not like she was well beyond him imo
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-14-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    - big_adventure

I feel like, ignoring everything else, having Thor get his skull fractured in one punch is ... a bit much considering the guy is more durable than he is strong.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I feel like, ignoring everything else, having Thor get his skull fractured in one punch is ... a bit much considering the guy is more durable than he is strong.
    I dunno, it did happen to Trash Thor.

I dunno, it did happen to Trash Thor.
    Well, I can't argue that. He's been in the dumpster for awhile now.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Double edit: Although he did just catch her 3rd blow before he really got the mind games going. It's not like she was well beyond him imo
    Your initial note was to suggest she was well beneath him in capacity. The fight basically portrayed them around each other.

Your initial note was to suggest she was well beneath him in capacity. The fight basically portrayed them around each other.
    Yeah, I'm cool with that view post re-examination of the scans.
    - big_adventure