Page 203 of 434 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 6499
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why you being elusive? Just write it. Spoiler tag it if necessary
    I'm assuming they're talking about the Omega list. Franklin's section is highlighted in red.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm assuming they're talking about the Omega list. Franklin's section is highlighted in red.
    Yeah that and Sol's hammer.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    The first 616 Xorn, Kuan-Yin Xorn (star brain), hasn't reappeared since he died posing as Magneto, possessed by Sublime on Kick, and his brother, Shen-Xorn (Black hole brain, Zorn in the Ultimate Universe), is the one depicted in House of X #1 in the white robes.

The costume (and coloring of the exposed energy in House of X), is that of Kuan-Yin or Xorn in the Ultimate Universe, not Zorn (look the tunic pattern and sleeve coloring, and the bright/yellow coloring of the energy around his head). The blue coloring in Powers of X is the only Zorn indicator, and I think that's from the blue atmospheric coloring in the whole background of that panel.

I think it's just a costume change to give him a unique look, since his 616 version wore the Morrison New X-Men look, and Magneto's costume, and borrowed the Ultimate's look.

It's worth noting the Ultimate versions of Xorn and Zorn were not even Mutants, so their inclusion makes less than no sense.

Both the 616 versions of them had died, Kuan-Yin in New X-Men, and most recently, Shen in X-Men: Blue. I think they're part of Krakoa's mass resurrections. I think the handwave of a costume makes a lot of sense, more so than handwaving resurrecting and transplanting Ultimate Celestials/Eternals leaders and aligning themselves with the 616 Mutants, since Hickman's even said non-Mutants shouldn't be X-Men.
    The script and the Kirby crackle both suggest Zorn.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

It’s the pages at the very end of the book. The Next and Then pages. One has been in red for the last couple of weeks and the other two have been in grey.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Didn't want to just blurt it out if folks might want to go back and go over the issue to find it. Some folks are fans of that part of the whole thing.

As for what it actually was...

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah that and Sol's hammer.
    That was the pair that I caught. Factoring in that we know what red is meant to represent in the "Reading..." order, make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Didn't want to just blurt it out if folks might want to go back and go over the issue to find it. Some folks are fans of that part of the whole thing.

As for what it actually was...

That was the pair that I caught. Factoring in that we know what red is meant to represent in the "Reading..." order, make of that what you will.
    The red for Franklin indicates his relevance to what we just read, as is Sol’s Hammer. I don’t think they necessarily point to the next book. We will find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The red for Franklin indicates his relevance to what we just read, as is Sol’s Hammer. I don’t think they necessarily point to the next book. We will find out soon.
    Politely, everything Hickman has ever done points away from that the particular piece of design we are discussing not really amounting to anything more than "It was just stressing what we had just read..." is probably unlikely.

Politely, everything Hickman has ever done points away from that the particular piece of design we are discussing not really amounting to anything more than "It was just stressing what we had just read..." is probably unlikely.
    Seems pretty clear to me. It’s about context and extra information. Show a conversation about Franklin then underline it with the context that he’s the only Omega unaligned. Show a scene about stealing data, then explain what the data was and where the technology we see in another scene came from.

BANNED

I know Hickman is known for his attention to detail but i think we may be reading into this too much. JktheMac is right on this one.

Huh. Someone pointed out that the black and white image of the pod people and Xavier actually has 5 mutants, whereas the colour version has one cut out. Seems to make it more likely that they are the O5 to me.

BANNED

I believe those pod people are definitely Jean and Cyclops. That why he got his eye back. Why would they focus on some unammed mutant, that just happened to have RED glowing eyes, specially on the same eye that Scott lost?
    Seems like it is obvious it was them.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    I believe those pod people are definitely Jean and Cyclops. That why he got his eye back. Why would they focus on some unammed mutant, that just happened to have RED glowing eyes, specially on the same eye that Scott lost?
    Nah. It’s teenage Cyclops.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    I mean, there's also been a point made that Vulcan is coming back. Vulcan is Scott's little brother and has similarly manifesting powers, including an eye thing going on, that could be colored red if someone really wanted to. It's possible that it's Jean and Scott but also, like... why would it be? They were both alive and well last we saw.

Also Jean's hair is longer than Pod Woman's.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean, there's also been a point made that Vulcan is coming back. Vulcan is Scott's little brother and has similarly manifesting powers, including an eye thing going on, that could be colored red if someone really wanted to. It's possible that it's Jean and Scott but also, like... why would it be? They were both alive and well last we saw.

Why would he be Vulcan?
    all the ressurected people came back to life off panel.
    Cyclops needed his eye back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Why have 5? And the one deleted looks like young Bobby to me.

Also what’s Jeans hair got to do with anything, this is a different Jean.

I can just imagine Hickman saying “What? You sent the O5 back in a pointless story about Cable and an alternative future? Don’t you get why Bendis brought them back?”
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-04-2019 at 03:43 PM.