Page 43 of 371 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Tasure nodded. "Well, let's stop wasting time and get on with it." She began making her way for the chamber entrance, passing by Totoma on the way. As she passed, however, her fist shot out at Totoma in a surprise strike.

Just a year ago, this would have caught Totoma completely off-guard, but he had spent the past year focusing on his skill and battle instincts, so the punch was instead caught. With some absurd motion of his arms, Totoma then sent his mother spinning comically through the air.

Catching herself with one hand, Tasure sprung off the floor, landing gingerly. Despite what just happened, she was grinning, clearly pleased at her boy's quick counter-attack. "Not a bad reaction. Seems you haven't been slacking quite as much as I'd feared." With those words and and a small wave, Tasure continued on her way to the time chamber.

Totoma watched her go, then turned back to Pinach. "Got something better than an address..." He concentrated, forming a Kizuna with his young friend. Shortly after, knowledge of exactly where he needed to go and to whom he needed to speak flowed into Pinach's mind.

I'll keep this link open for when I need to come back, yeah? Now... if you could, please open a portal. Longer we wait, the more of our allies die.
    Avoca let her eyes linger on where Parsley disappeared into that elf realm where she and Sarada planned on training. It wouldn't be until tomorrow before she saw her again, if that. Avoca and Tasure would get out first and head directly into battle. I'll see you soon. She smiled softly and followed Tasure inside.

Pinach flinched when he heard the voice in his head. To his knowledge, that was the very first time he had heard anyone's voice in his head other than his own. Oh man, this must be what crazy people feel like. Whoops! Can he hear that? Sorry, Just Saiyan. He chuckled nervously and saluted. "You can count on me, Just Saiyan. I'll get the food and return here as soon as I can!"

Before he left, he opened a portal to Ruco, only long enough for him and whoever was going with him to walk through, so no one on the other side got any ideas.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Confidence is key~" Inanna responded with a smile. "It will keep you warm, after your bones have been hammered into a fine paste."
    "Hmph," Sarada scoffed. "Healing from a fine paste will only make us stronger." Once inside Vaikuntha, she sighed and took off her armor. There was no point in letting it get needlessly destroyed before the big battle. "Is there a daycare around here? We only have four months before the baby arrives and I don't know **** about changing diapers or any of that bullshit."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Avoca let her eyes linger on where Parsley disappeared into that elf realm where she and Sarada planned on training. It wouldn't be until tomorrow before she saw her again, if that. Avoca and Tasure would get out first and head directly into battle. I'll see you soon. She smiled softly and followed Tasure inside.

Pinach flinched when he heard the voice in his head. To his knowledge, that was the very first time he had heard anyone's voice in his head other than his own. Oh man, this must be what crazy people feel like. Whoops! Can he hear that? Sorry, Just Saiyan. He chuckled nervously and saluted. "You can count on me, Just Saiyan. I'll get the food and return here as soon as I can!"

Before he left, he opened a portal to Ruco, only long enough for him and whoever was going with him to walk through, so no one on the other side got any ideas.
    "Alright..." Dash thought to herself as she watched Avoca and Tasure enter the RoSaT , "Ah gotta do somethin while while waitin."

Heading back out of the building and onto the Lookout's plaza, she looked around to see if anyone was hanging out there.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

<snip>

Totoma gave Pinach a thumbs up. "Tell my grandpa that Totoma says hello, and to make my fav." It was a shame Pinach had to meet the Zhu under these circumstances, and an even bigger shame that Rutaba wasn't here to meet them as well, but... well, an entire clan of warrior-chefs would get along just well with any Saiyan. That he'd been born was proof enough of that.

Taking a deep breath, Totoma stepped through the portal, ready to help the Saiyan army face down this dire threat...
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

"Hmph," Sarada scoffed. "Healing from a fine paste will only make us stronger." Once inside Vaikuntha, she sighed and took off her armor. There was no point in letting it get needlessly destroyed before the big battle. "Is there a daycare around here? We only have four months before the baby arrives and I don't know **** about changing diapers or any of that bullshit."
    "Daycare? Hmm. I'm sure the Elementals would be willing to look after our child ... Provided you're able to convince them." Inanna replied, realizing that they- as a couple- probably weren't in the best position to raise a child. Of course... one half of the couple was Saiyan.

"Mm, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. For now you simply need focus on surviving from day to day. Healing is well and good. Also... as an added incentive. Until you've finished your training. No mating."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

<snip>
    Inside the Room of Spirit of Time, Tasure found a small living area and... a whole bunch of nothing. The elder saiyaness strode out to the edge of that nothing and peered out. It extended for... probably forever. Someone could very, very easily get lost in this place, but neither she nor her temporary student were dumb enough to have that happen.

Stepping out into that void, she found that the gravity was higher than on Earth, but not to a great degree compared to what she'd been training under. Maybe... ten times or so? However, while there was air in this place, it was stagnant, heavy, and a bit chilling. And she felt that the further one went out, the more extreme the environment would get.

But really, from what she could tell, it wouldn't be the physical environment that would push those that entered, but rather... the mental one. This endless expanse of white...

"I see, so it might be like being deprived of your senses in here," she said. "Either you withdraw within yourself and go insane... or you withdraw within yourself and eventually emerge as something greater.

"Alright, once we're situated, we'll start. Three days of training, one to recover, three more days, another recovery day. A bit more strict than my usual, but we need to make every bit count." She turned to Avoca. "I don't think you'll be able to brute force the form like I did... took me half a day of examining my boy transforming again and again, with the benefit of a bond that allows me to feel how his ki flows and reacts when he does so, to figure it out. But you're close, I feel, and doing it the... more fun way should be more than possible."

Anger, loss... for Avoca, Tasure felt those things wouldn't do. No, the key, she felt, would be that desire to be a mother her children could be proud of... that desire to stand as a peer to Parsley. If she were pushed into a corner, those desires would be what pushed her to the next level.

Tasure began making her way deeper into the room, making sure to keep the entrance within sight. As expected, the atmosphere did quickly become more... oppressive the deeper one went. Might be a good idea to set up a "signal" so that she and Avoca could find their way back no matter how deep they went, in that case.

Once she'd gone far enough for her liking, she turned and dropped into a fighting stance. "First, the basics. You're a saiyan, so I figure your basic fighting skills aren't too bad, but I want to see where you really stand compared to Sarada and especially Parsley." Sarada was good, but Parsley was one of the finest hand-to-hand fighters in the empire... next to herself, of course. Avoca had trained with both, so Tasure expected her to be above-average in that respect, but how above the average was unclear.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

On Reshlan........

A rush of people burst into the Grand Maven’s Sigil room, a cluster of Bronze and Silver Knights amidst a dozen Priestesses. Carried by them is a strange dark egg, pulsing with energy.

The Maven take one look and tsks.

“So it has happened. I predicted this foolishness.”

The egg pulses in anger, the Grand Maven smirking.

“Predicted and planned for. The Grand Ritual is possible, Lord Auroc, as you suggested. Since phase one was only partially successful, phase two will require more......sacrifice...then before since neither the Kami or the child were acquired. This is acceptable?”

The egg pulses even further.

“Very well. I shall start the consumption phase. Worry not, Lord. You’ll be even more powerful soon. I shall also attempt another scrying on this....Lampton...you seek.”

Three Priestesses carry the egg over to a pool of black liquid and place it in, letting it sink and submerge fully. The rest of them go around it, drawing arcane runes and glyphs around the pool of liquid.

The Maven looks at the Knights.

“Knights Bronze and Silver, find one thousand of our....lesser cousins and acquire them as components for the Ritual. Tell the volunteers their families will be further elevated by their sacrifice.”

The two sets of knights bow and retreat, leaving four Gold Knights there. She turns and looks at them.

“Two of you, take the siphon to the prisoner and drain as much as you can without killing her. What we’ll lose in potency we’ll gain in volume.”

Two nod and leave, carrying a strange pointed device with them. The last two then turn to her, questioningly.

“One of you sort the new turned Threshlings. Any too....weak, add to the consumption the others are gathering. And lastly, one of you bring me....Knight Kakarot. His services shall be required soon.”

The two salute and leave, the Maven turning and adding her voice and drawn rubes to an ever overlapping and rising chant of magic, layers of runes suffusing the dark pool.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Totoma gave Pinach a thumbs up. "Tell my grandpa that Totoma says hello, and to make my fav." It was a shame Pinach had to meet the Zhu under these circumstances, and an even bigger shame that Rutaba wasn't here to meet them as well, but... well, an entire clan of warrior-chefs would get along just well with any Saiyan. That he'd been born was proof enough of that.

Taking a deep breath, Totoma stepped through the portal, ready to help the Saiyan army face down this dire threat...
    Once everyone who was going to Ruco was through, Pinach closed the portal and headed for Zhu island as he was directed.

Ruco was known for its perfectly clear water and white sandy beaches, as well as the previously unheard of number of non-Saiyans living on the world. It was also home to the largest number of half-breed Saiyans in the Empire. Yet, on that day, it was known as a warzone. Tundra's army filled the sky, a massive war machine of bodies with ill intent as they moved closer toward the capital. Pushing against them was the Saiyan army. It was vastly outnumbered, but made up for it with a furious and ferocious battle strategy.

With the two advantages taken into account, it was easy to surmise that they were evenly matched. He had arrived just in time to tip the odds in Ruco's favor.

"Another Saiyan just arrived!" he heard from behind him just before seven soldiers broke rank to engage him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Daycare? Hmm. I'm sure the Elementals would be willing to look after our child ... Provided you're able to convince them." Inanna replied, realizing that they- as a couple- probably weren't in the best position to raise a child. Of course... one half of the couple was Saiyan.

"Mm, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. For now you simply need focus on surviving from day to day. Healing is well and good. Also... as an added incentive. Until you've finished your training. No mating."
    Sarada dropped her armor abruptly. "No... mating... b-but we're going to be in here for a year!" It was madness. It was unjust. It wasn't fair!

"Excellent," Parsley said with a single nod. "That way, we can focus on the important matters."

Sarada scowled angrily at her sister.

"Drop it," she said sharply. "People have already lost their lives. You can go a year without mating." When Sarada's shoulders deflated, she nodded again. "Put on your training armor so we can get started." She turned her attention to Inanna as she started to shed her own armor. "Are you going to train with us the entire time?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Once everyone who was going to Ruco was through, Pinach closed the portal and headed for Zhu island as he was directed.

Ruco was known for its perfectly clear water and white sandy beaches, as well as the previously unheard of number of non-Saiyans living on the world. It was also home to the largest number of half-breed Saiyans in the Empire. Yet, on that day, it was known as a warzone. Tundra's army filled the sky, a massive war machine of bodies with ill intent as they moved closer toward the capital. Pushing against them was the Saiyan army. It was vastly outnumbered, but made up for it with a furious and ferocious battle strategy.

With the two advantages taken into account, it was easy to surmise that they were evenly matched. He had arrived just in time to tip the odds in Ruco's favor.

"Another Saiyan just arrived!" he heard from behind him just before seven soldiers broke rank to engage him.
    He'd always liked Ruco, ever since his first trip there years ago with Karine. The people here were accepting of both halfbreeds and non-saiyans... though sometimes the women were a bit too, um... forward. Still, it was a good place, and to see it reduced to a warzone pissed him off something fierce.

Totoma heard the soldiers behind him--he sensed... seven of them--but instead focused on the Saiyan army. The entire Saiyan army. There was something only he could do that would be able to tip the scales enough to give the outnumbered saiyans a decisive advantage.

Kizuna

A faint light, barely noticeable to those embroiled in battle, emanated from him, washing over the Saiyans and their foes. The invaders would feel nothing different, but the Saiyans would feel an... offer. An offer of power to overcome their foes, an offer of recovery to those whose energy and stamina were flagging, and an offer to hope to all those whose morale had begun to falter. It was up to each individual to accept or decline.

Satisfied, Totoma turned to face the seven villains bearing down on him, dropping into the Boar Style stance. An appropriately saiyan-like grin plastered on his face, he motioned at them to continue with their approach. Even without going super saiyan, he was more than capable of taking on fodder like this.

He'd always liked Ruco, ever since his first trip there years ago with Karine. The people here were accepting of both halfbreeds and non-saiyans... though sometimes the women were a bit too, um... forward. Still, it was a good place, and to see it reduced to a warzone pissed him off something fierce.

Totoma heard the soldiers behind him--he sensed... seven of them--but instead focused on the Saiyan army. The entire Saiyan army. There was something only he could do that would be able to tip the scales enough to give the outnumbered saiyans a decisive advantage.

Kizuna

A faint light, barely noticeable to those embroiled in battle, emanated from him, washing over the Saiyans and their foes. The invaders would feel nothing different, but the Saiyans would feel an... offer. An offer of power to overcome their foes, an offer of recovery to those whose energy and stamina were flagging, and an offer to hope to all those whose morale had begun to falter. It was up to each individual to accept or decline.

Satisfied, Totoma turned to face the seven villains bearing down on him, dropping into the Boar Style stance. An appropriately saiyan-like grin plastered on his face, he motioned at them to continue with their approach. Even without going super saiyan, he was more than capable of taking on fodder like this.
    Many of the Saiyans paused for a brief moment as Kizuna's offer broke through their concentration. Some, after getting over the initial unease, accepted its promise for additional power to win, while others rejected, instead choosing to rely on their own strength and power.

The seven soldiers weren't any stronger than any of the Saiyans. They were also wearing scouters. They surround Totoma and attacked him in tandem in hopes of throwing him off and catching him off guard.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada dropped her armor abruptly. "No... mating... b-but we're going to be in here for a year!" It was madness. It was unjust. It wasn't fair!

"Excellent," Parsley said with a single nod. "That way, we can focus on the important matters."

Sarada scowled angrily at her sister.

"Drop it," she said sharply. "People have already lost their lives. You can go a year without mating." When Sarada's shoulders deflated, she nodded again. "Put on your training armor so we can get started." She turned her attention to Inanna as she started to shed her own armor. "Are you going to train with us the entire time?"
    "Think of it this way, Little Love. The sooner you get stronger, the sooner you kill Tundra. The sooner you kill Tundra, the sooner you can mate with me again."Inanna replied with a smirk.

"And no, I won't be training immediately. Lampton needs following up on. So assume I miss two weeks... hardly the worst honestly. I'm already stronger than your SSJ form. Not that you can sense that~" With a quick peck on the cheek, the golden-eyed woman waved." See you in a few weeks. Hopefully Criostalach goes easy on you~!"

---

A moment later, the Oni appeared in Shek'hinah's office.

"Oh mother~!" The woman called out melodically. "What's a Lampton, and why does it remind me of tea time with Sarada's parents?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Alright..." Dash thought to herself as she watched Avoca and Tasure enter the RoSaT , "Ah gotta do somethin while while waitin."

Heading back out of the building and onto the Lookout's plaza, she looked around to see if anyone was hanging out there.
    Not seeing anyone, Dash lifts off the ground and takes to the air. Flying at high speed, she soon arrives at the small house in the woods that she has called home for the past three years.

Unlocking the door and entering inside, it hit her that she might be away from here for some time.

Not wasting a moment, she gathered together whatever supplies she might need, placing them in a capsule for easy transport. Dash then moved around the house, cleaning up and securing it in a way she has done many times in the past. Her training often took to her the far reaches of the planet for days, if not months on end. She had a system in place to insure that the house was safe while she was gone.

As she did, she hesitated near her desk. There, her computer and several books and notebooks piled next to it. One pen lying over the top of them. It wasn't long before everything was wher it belonged.

Heading to the door, she looked it over one last time before exiting and locking the doors behind her.

With that, she once again took to the air, flying fast towards the Lookout. The whole process took less than an hour, at which point she landed back on the Plaza and headed inside.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Many of the Saiyans paused for a brief moment as Kizuna's offer broke through their concentration. Some, after getting over the initial unease, accepted its promise for additional power to win, while others rejected, instead choosing to rely on their own strength and power.

The seven soldiers weren't any stronger than any of the Saiyans. They were also wearing scouters. They surround Totoma and attacked him in tandem in hopes of throwing him off and catching him off guard.
    A few years ago, guys like these would've been a hell of a challenge. Now? Now they weren't anything but a nuisance. When the first strike came at him, he dodged out of the way. Not a wide dodge, but rather a casual movement to the side, without actually moving from where he was standing. And when the next one came... it was the same. And so on and so on. For lower body attacks, he simply used his legs to block, and for attacks from behind, the enemies would find their strikes batted away almost dismissively by his tal.

"This really all the Tundra force has to offer? Geez..."

Suddenly, a green shield sprang into existence around Totoma, catching whatever strikes happened to be coming at him right that moment. And then this shield, his Razorback, expanded into the villains attacking him. They would find that the shield lived up to its named and that contact with it was like being in contact with something razor-sharp.

Given the gulf in power, Totoma figured the results would not be pretty.

A few years ago, guys like these would've been a hell of a challenge. Now? Now they weren't anything but a nuisance. When the first strike came at him, he dodged out of the way. Not a wide dodge, but rather a casual movement to the side, without actually moving from where he was standing. And when the next one came... it was the same. And so on and so on. For lower body attacks, he simply used his legs to block, and for attacks from behind, the enemies would find their strikes batted away almost dismissively by his tal.

"This really all the Tundra force has to offer? Geez..."

Suddenly, a green shield sprang into existence around Totoma, catching whatever strikes happened to be coming at him right that moment. And then this shield, his Razorback, expanded into the villains attacking him. They would find that the shield lived up to its named and that contact with it was like being in contact with something razor-sharp.

Given the gulf in power, Totoma figured the results would not be pretty.
    The moment the soldiers made contact with the rapidly expanding shield, it was like bugs on a windshield. Those that weren't crushed against it were ripped apart like chaff.

More soldiers immediately took notice and broke rank to confront him. This time, instead of facing him at close range, they kept a distance and opened fire on him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!