Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

First hour of the game has been released. As always, watch out for spoilers:

Extraordinary Member

Santa Prisca. Riddler staged a massive breakout at Santa Prisca. It would be interesting if they decided to establish Bane's intelligence by giving him some connection and respect from the Riddler.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    First hour of the game has been released. As always, watch out for spoilers:

Man, Batman beats the living tar out of Riddler here. I know Riddler's never been Batman's physical equal, but jeez .

I think this is the most teched-out I've seen Bruce Wayne or the Batsuit be in a while.

spoilers:
    I'm getting some "Batgirl" vibes from Tiffany here.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Santa Prisca. Riddler staged a massive breakout at Santa Prisca. It would be interesting if they decided to establish Bane's intelligence by giving him some connection and respect from the Riddler.
    The image for the second episode has figures that look like Bane and Hugo Strange, so it seems like we'll be dealing with a lot of "intellectual" foes this season.

Assuming they don't forget Bane is supposed to be intelligent like they do in most media adaptions .

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I still haven't played the first one. I'm liking that the Riddler being the main villain of this one.
    ... Another time the Riddler, like in the current batman saga.... This is like return to Batman Earth 1 Vol 2..

I will wait for more information, for now I am not interested in this.

BANNED

Telltale did right by Selina and Dent. They also made Penguin cool. The only throwaway villain was Blockbuster and even he wasn't that throwaway. It took 2 fights to beat him and both were tough.

So far the classic rogues have been well handled. I hope that tradition continues with Bane.

Extraordinary Member

I've long had a pet story idea where Bane is introduced to Batman while nominally working underneath another great villain known for their intellect and resources-- someone like Ra's-- and basically making his debut at first as only a physical threat who easily beats Bats in their first fist fight, then reveals his true colors and potential by turning on and usurping some of his employer's power in a cunning scheme. Then when Batman takes advantage of the infighting in the villains and manages to drive Bane away, Bane realizes the caliber of this opponent, and relishes the oppurtunity to focus on dealing with him one on one. Cue Bane pushing himself, training and game planning for his return, "breaking" the Bat, but intentionally leaving him alive on the off chance he recovers and can challenge Bane to evolve once more.

Rinse and repeat, with Bane as one of the villains powerful enough to take on Batman without aid but unwilling to kill him as long as he's an interesting challenge.

Oh, and something cool about that observation that the other silhouette looks like Prof. Strange; the original doctor who experimented on Bane with Venom looked very similar. I think there may even have been a non-denial denial as to whether that was Dixon and Nolan trying to flesh out the story some more.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

That doctor returned in Vengeance of Bane 2 and was killed by Bane. It was definitely not Hugo, the man in the menu isn't Hugo either, its Freeze ( a guy on the internet confirmed)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Telltale did right by Selina and Dent. They also made Penguin cool. The only throwaway villain was Blockbuster and even he wasn't that throwaway. It took 2 fights to beat him and both were tough.
    It did kind of bother me how no one is shocked or surprised to see a blue-skinned, mutated giant man walking around. They never explain his origin or how did he get like that. Even in season two, spoilers:
    the federal agents don't mention him alongside the rising villains like Two-Face, Penguin, and Lady Arkham.
    end of spoilers

the man in the menu isn't Hugo either, its Freeze ( a guy on the internet confirmed)
    Who?

So far the classic rogues have been well handled. I hope that tradition continues with Bane.
    Penguin's always been cool .

I'd say they got Selina right, character-wise, but she ended up being really underutilized by the end in my opinion. I hope she has a more significant role this season.

I ran across a theory today that Agent Avesta is either Talia or Nyssa al Ghul. It's really just based on her name, which has its roots in ancient Persia just like Ra's does (apparently).
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-02-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Fantastic Member

Does anyone here think that avesta could turn out to be the games version of Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I ran across a theory today that Agent Avesta is either Talia or Nyssa al Ghul. It's really just based on her name, which has its roots in ancient Persia just like Ra's does (apparently).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Does anyone here think that avesta could turn out to be the games version of Harley Quinn
    I've also seen guesses she might be some form of Harley Quinn.

From what we've seen of her she seems to have some kind of psychological background, like Harley did, and the image for the second episode seemingly has her wielding a sledgehammer like Harley's hammer.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just finished Episode 1, definitely one of the best episodes for a Telltale game they have put out so far. They also hint at a trio of new villains from Episode 2 and the return of an established character in Episode 3.

spoilers:
    I was not expecting Riddler to get Carmine'd or Harley to pop up. I'm guessing Harleen is John/Joker's "in" with the Pack and we'll see her develop into Harley Quinn as John progresses into becoming The Joker.

And even knowing Waller usually knows Batman is Bruce Wayne in most continuities, the reveal at the end still took me by surprise.

Poor Lucius though .
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, they telegraphed Lucius's death WAY too much in his scene with Tiffany and a bit afterwards. It took a lot of impact out of it.

I want to be mad at the fact that this game seems to be way too Joker-centered yet again, but John Doe is a genuinely likable character. I'm intrigued at how this will all go. While I almost boo'ed at seeing Harleen's card pop up, I'll give it the benefit of doubt.

Did not expect them to kill of Riddler like that, and especially this soon. I felt like they could've gotten more out of him.

Looks like Montoya got a new voice actress. It's Sumalee Montano, who voiced Katana in Beware the Batman.
    end of spoilers