Page 550 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can believe it. I've been complaining about those issues from the jump (disclaimer: still was entertained by the MCU and BP).
    And you know who I blame
    COATS lol he clearly influenced ppl
    How is that on Coates when he was writing the book at the same time Coogler was developing the movie? The man's a terrible comic writer but he's not the boogeyman y'all lol. What's far more likely is that Coogler saw an opportunity to do a black equivalent to Lord of the Rings and just went for it. I don't think it would've mattered what Coates did because he had very little influence on the movie outside some Stelfreeze designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I'll never forget the late great Jon Schnepp being so excited for Infinity War thinking it would be a mini BP2 film.

Then that 3rd act you realized no the BP film was nothing more than setup for where they wanted their big battle in IW. You almost didnt need to watch BP to see IW. So they treated T'Challa as such.

Still a really good film. Just needed 5 to 8 more mins of T'Challa....sigh. Especially if you werent going to give him much to do in Endgame.

But hey everyone loves GOTG characters....

Got damn Rocket was given more to do than T'Challa. How???
    Well, in IW, they needed a character to bounce off Thor and Rocket is a big enough jackass just to ask questions at Thor lol.

In EG, because they needed the tech and smarts to bounce off Stark AND funny racoon lol.

But yeah... drax and mantis had more screen time to Panther too so.... yikes
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Ewing needs to bring back the Ultimates(minus America Chavez) so that we can have the inevitable clash between them and SWORD.
    Turn Eden into a spy

T'challa's inside man

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    It’s weird, cause I hear a lot of complaints that they gave T’challa’s intelligence to Shuri. And how Nakia and Killmonger were the ideological driving forces in BP. And how Okoye gets more to do in IW and Endgame.
    But then people can’t believe Marvel was always planning on making Wakanda the focus.

Either way they are definitely going to say that now that they are not recasting. But frankly, I believe them. Didn’t really seem like T’challa was being set up to be the next leader of the avengers, like I’d hoped. Only thing that gave me a little hope was that he was first out of the portal. But then again, he was not alone.
    I mean alot of those were minor. Okoye getting a more singular fight scene is very minor. T'Challas intelligence was more frustrating that we didn't get a clear cut showing and more a small mention of it, Which could of been easily remedied in the sequel. Nakia being the one pushing for more open Wakanda was a bad misstep imo. It should of been T'Challas idea with Nakia being the only one who supported it and agreed, this strengthening the love and positive showings of black men and women getting along.

BUT it was also very clear that Wakanda WASN'T the focus. None of those Characters are or were set up to take over. Wakanda being the focus is obvious bullshit and was said to likely give shareholders peace of mind. T'Challa was the focus otherwise we would of seen the movie work more like a team ensemble with everyone getting fairly equal billing. It's more just eye roll inducing that people are buying the obvious bullshit

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We were told ahead of time it was going ot happen so it wasn't such a big deal at the time of release.
    Fair enough. It's more jarring out of context. I think it would have been fine if there was a clearer transition between the two or if they had finished the first story before the second. But it did feel weird without reading the solicits.

What was the premise of the book? It feels like it was just "here's another, clearly secondary, Black Panther book." Was there any unifying premise I was missing?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean alot of those were minor. Okoye getting a more singular fight scene is very minor. T'Challas intelligence was more frustrating that we didn't get a clear cut showing and more a small mention of it, Which could of been easily remedied in the sequel. Nakia being the one pushing for more open Wakanda was a bad misstep imo. It should of been T'Challas idea with Nakia being the only one who supported it and agreed, this strengthening the love and positive showings of black men and women getting along.

BUT it was also very clear that Wakanda WASN'T the focus. None of those Characters are or were set up to take over. Wakanda being the focus is obvious bullshit and was said to likely give shareholders peace of mind. T'Challa was the focus otherwise we would of seen the movie work more like a team ensemble with everyone getting fairly equal billing. It's more just eye roll inducing that people are buying the obvious bullshit
    Do you think the supporting cast were originally going to get bigger or smaller roles in the planned sequel with T’challa?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Ewing needs to bring back the Ultimates(minus America Chavez) so that we can have the inevitable clash between them and SWORD.
    That new Chavez book is good. I'd take her back if he rights her like that.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Weelllllllpppppp

Its official

Shuri vs Namor it is

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Do you think the supporting cast were originally going to get bigger or smaller roles in the planned sequel with T’challa?
    Obviously smaller/ the same as the first at best. There's no need to elevate side characters when you have your main draw in place. Same thing happens with tv shows, of the main cast member leaves they have side characters get more shine to smell up for the void left. In this case with BP, they are trying to sell the idea of an ensemble movie that was set up as a solo hero with a strong than most supporting cast. If the idea was to make it so Wakanda would be the focus I doubt Coogler would of gotten rid of the HSH

Glass half full

They didnt mention anything about a dead king and mourning him. So it could take place during the snap.

Still so odd to see a Black Panther synopsis with no mention of Black Panther.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-01-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    What was the premise of the book? It feels like it was just "here's another, clearly secondary, Black Panther book." Was there any unifying premise I was missing?
    Nope, that is all it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Weelllllllpppppp

Its official

Shuri vs Namor it is
    So, the transphobic anti vax fool has first billing??????

It is 100% shuri panther then.

Guess I just saved 75 bucks lol

#TeamNamor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Obviously smaller/ the same as the first at best. There's no need to elevate side characters when you have your main draw in place. Same thing happens with tv shows, of the main cast member leaves they have side characters get more shine to smell up for the void left. In this case with BP, they are trying to sell the idea of an ensemble movie that was set up as a solo hero with a strong than most supporting cast. If the idea was to make it so Wakanda would be the focus I doubt Coogler would of gotten rid of the HSH
    Yeah I was hoping for a T’challa centric story for sure.

Now I’m wondering if one of the reasons they didn’t recast was cause they didn’t want to sideline the mostly female cast (that won a SAG award for best cast, 1.3 billion, best picture nom) just so some new male actor could slide into the leading role of a billion dollar franchise he didn’t help build. While the people that helped build it get relegated to Disney plus. I could see some of the cast feeling a little salty if the new lead starts making rdj money while the women are just his support. But I got a new theory every week, can’t help it.

#TeamNamor
    I'm ok with Shuri eventually becoming BP. Cause again it COULD take place during the snap.

However, Shuri...but moreso Wright as LEAD? Noo I dont know about that. What separates Black Panther from other Marvel films is Boseman wasnt quipping every 5 mins. You also had a Great actor to lead the movie and was able to shine without trying to overshadow others (giving them room to shine).

Just giving her Boseman's lines is not going to work the same. I hope thats a print error cause damn I dont want to see her as the lead.

I' m not against comic Shuri being the lead. However, MCU Shuri is just not that kind of character.

#TeamNamor
    Lol wow we’re here now? #TeamNamor on the black panther forum. Never thought I’d see the day. Coogler is gonna be the new Coates soon.