Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Question What Disney Live Action remake would you want next? If any?

I know they're kinda saturating the market, but I would love to see an Emperor's New Groove with Jessica Walter and The Rock as Yzma and Kronk.

c6R5N2DPh0nl.jpg

We getting Mulan so I'm happy about that. I'd love a version of Disney Hercules. But maybe find a way to **** on Greek Mythology a little less. I would say Hunchbach but that character would be disturbing in real life. Saw a live action movie as a kid and it was fu**ed up.

The Black Cauldron or Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but a 6-10 episode Disney+ series.

I feel like Little Mermaid is coming, but I hope to god they cast a man in drag for Ursula.

Song of the South

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    but I hope to god they cast a man in drag for Ursula.
    God no! I got nothing against having a character in a film who is a drag queen, but actual female characters should be played by females. Let a woman have the role.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Sword in the Stone is the only announced one I have any interest in. A live action Black Cauldron would also be great, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The Sword in the Stone is the only announced one I have any interest in. A live action Black Cauldron would also be great, yes.
    This is the also my answer. I love pretty much all things King Arthur (my first multiple chapter non-picture book I ever read was a King Arthur book), and I freaking adore the old Black Cauldron film. And unlike all the other films re-adapted so far, I never felt these two got the love they deserved the first time around.

As with all long form stories these days, though, I would prefer to see the whole Prydain series done as a limited TV series. It would probably need an HBO type budget, but not sure how much interest HBO would have in a fantasy series with no opportunities for nudity or ultraviolence.

About the only one mentioned so far in the thread I would be for, is Black Cauldron. Give it another go and fix the issues. Otherwise? Never been a fan of remakes as a whole.

Ultimate Member

I'm interested in the Mulan one, that's one film that I think is actually suited for live action (and China has done several versions already).

The Black Cauldron, or the whole book series actually, would be cool for a trilogy of films, or a TV show, if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm interested in the Mulan one, that's one film that I think is actually suited for live action (and China has done several versions already).

The Black Cauldron, or the whole book series actually, would be cool for a trilogy of films, or a TV show, if done right.
    I believe Mulan is next on deck we should start hearing casting news. If Mushu is used in the movie at all its Eddie Murphy or nothing.no reason to recast when hes alive and age doesnt matter.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am interested in Sword in the Stone since I am curious to see who they cast as Merlyn.

I would adore to see a live action Disney Robin Hood. But I suspect Disney wouldn’t wanna do that given they would know a certain... ahem, audience would have very specific reasons to be interested in it.

I do actually love the idea of Dyane Johnson as Kronk, actually.

I wouldn't be opposed to a live action remake of Alice in Wonderland, but Disney has already drained that well with the Tim Burton... things.

I don't like remakes. But I don't mind variant adaptations of pre-existing source material. You can hardly call each film version of "Hamlet" a re-make of the 1907 Georges Méliès one, after all.

I would much prefer they focus on new stuff. Sooo many classic children's and YA stories out there that have never been adapted, or were done badly.

I was hoping everyone would like my idea and think wow what great casting, but your movies sound cool tool.

I didn't know they were making a sword in the stone movie. It's kinda of a weird cartoon though cause it's not really about fighting or knights, but a squire in a coming of age story. I feel like they would change a lot if they made it today.

Not really related, but I'm surprised Disney hasn't made a featured animated mickey mouse movie. I remember loving the Mickey Christmas Carol and Jack and the Beanstock cartoons and it seems like such an obvious direction to go in. It's like WB not making a superman movie in the time where the genre is at it's most popular. I don't understand the reasoning.

I never actually saw The Emperor's New Groove. It came out at a time when I really hated Disney's flat, ugly, sub-Filmation style of art and animation. If it was a good story then I'd probably have some interest in seeing it done live action.

The Sword in the Stone would be an excellent live action movie if they followed the book more closely and left out the goofy, anachronistic humor that would inevitably date it.

Who would make a good Merlyn? Ben Kingsley comes to mind.