View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

125 31.65%
  • Emma Frost

143 36.20%
  • Jubilee

156 39.49%
  • Chamber

142 35.95%
  • M

144 36.46%
  • Husk

104 26.33%
  • Penance

75 18.99%
  • Synch

91 23.04%
  • Skin

55 13.92%
  • Mondo

27 6.84%
  • Gaia

11 2.78%
  • Artie and Leech

36 9.11%
  • Blink

82 20.76%
  • Maggot

22 5.57%
  • Vincente (AoA)

19 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    ^----Personamanx's Guide to Alcohol Poisoning, Generation X Edition
    It makes for a fun evening with the in-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I'm going to die, aren't I?
    Not unless you're already dead inside.

What part of Canada do you hail from?

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I have the 2 Gen X vs Gen 13 comics. Theyre lame as hell but fun.
    Not surprised that those exist but I was unaware that they did. What happens in them?

in one of them they fight Emplate & a Gen 13 villain named Trance

in the other they go to some beach or island & run into some crazy mad scientist in a castle...

244209-19767-118711-1-gen-13-generation-x.jpg

253602-20060-119741-1-generation-x-gen-13.jpg

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Sounds like those comics are a skateboard contest away from being the most 90's comics ever.

I think Monet is the only one to have a good run (and by that I mean the first half of X-Factor) as an adult. I really want to see Chamber get the same amount of attention. Chamber's my favorite of them all but Monet is overall the best IMO.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    I think Monet is the only one to have a good run (and by that I mean the first half of X-Factor) as an adult. I really want to see Chamber get the same amount of attention. Chamber's my favorite of them all but Monet is overall the best IMO.
    Yeah, agreed that Monet's gotten the best post-Generation-X treatment out of the kids, but they didn't do too badly by Jubilee, either -- especially now that she gets to be written by Brian Wood again! Considering the meager scraps we're given, I'm just grateful Chamber, Penance, and Husk aren't dead (yet...).

-–-
    Meanwhile, in The Land of Meaningless Statistics...

I finally decided to check out the results of the massive, fan-created Top 100 Marvel Characters list. If you'd like to see more than what I've listed here, check out the thread on the old forums here for the next two weeks before it goes away.

I've also copied the comments and the pictures Justin K. created in his gigantic undertaking of list compiling; all credit goes to him for the amazing work he did. I, too, enjoy lists probably more than I should, as I'm about to prove here, lol. Okay, here goes:

Emma Frost - 337 points (#12)

Having grown up in a wealthy family, Emma wanted to make it on her own, starting off in the Hellfire Club as the White Queen. After her students died at the hands of Trevor Fitzroy, Emma started fighting for the good guys, opening a school in Massachusetts with Banshee. After the school closed, Emma got a diamond form and joined the X-Men, continuing to fight in Cyclops' revolution today after the Phoenix Force damaged her telepathy.

Jubilee - 107 points (#41)

Does a mall babe eat chili fries? This one does and while she's been the X-Men's resident child for the longest time, this firecracker has done some growing up recently. Originally hitching a ride from a Hollywood shopping Mall, Jubilee became Wolverine's unofficial sidekick after saving his life. After losing her powers on M-Day, Jubilee became a vampire, adopted a son named Shogo, and currently fights alongside the all female X-Men squad.

M - 52 points (#77)

Described best as Veronica Lodge meets Supergirl, M can do it all. Telepathy, strength, and flight, recently revealed to be powered by telekinesis, M continues to fight with the new all female X-Men after her recent stint on X-Factor. While she started off as a student at Emma Frost's Massachusetts's Academy in Generation X, she has grown into a true X-Woman.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-02-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Chamber - 50 points (#80)

Chamber is a mutant with psionic energy emitting from his chest, originally starting off a member of Generation X. Chamber continued to grow, moving up to X-Man status. Unfortunately, Jono lost his powers on M-Day, was kidnapped by a cult of Apocalypse and transformed into Decibel. Jono regain his original powers following the events of Age of X and continues to appear fighting alongside the X-Men today.Chamber- Chamber is a mutant with psionic energy emitting from his chest, originally starting off a member of Generation X. Chamber continued to grow, moving up to X-Man status. Unfortunately, Jono lost his powers on M-Day, was kidnapped by a cult of Apocalypse and transformed into Decibel. Jono regain his original powers following the events of Age of X and continues to appear fighting alongside the X-Men today.

Some more relevant results (all the GenXers plus some more random people who have also been in the book, by no means a complete list):

Marrow - 26 points
    Penance - 24 points
    Banshee - 24 points
    Maggott - 18 points
    Blink (Exiles) - 18 points
    Nicole St. Croix - 10 points
    Husk - 9 points
    Claudette St. Croix - 9 points
    Mondo - 8 points
    Dracula - 8 points
    Leech - 4 points
    Omega Red - 4 points
    Emplate - 3 points
    Howard the Duck - 2 points

Also of note: neither Synch nor Skin received a single point. Dead GenXers get no love (except for dead X-Man Banshee).

And, not related to Generation X, but I know some of my friends are wondering, so:
    Nico Minoru - 54 points (#71, tied)
    Dani Moonstar - 49 points (#81)
    Siryn - 32 points
    Mimic (Exiles) - 15 points
    Darkhawk - 14 points
    Mimic (616) - 5 points
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-02-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Update to the "Resources" portion of the first post (...which is also now called Generation X Resources, heh):

Discover your favorite GenXer's most recent whereabouts in the X-Books Forum FAQ/Mutant Tracker

I don't know about you, but I'm always wondering what the GenX characters are up to, after I've been away for comics for a while. Why scour the internet for answers when you can find them all in one thread?
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-03-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

In dog days, all we need is Frost.

sketch of Chamber & Husk by Russell Dauterman, artist of the upcoming Cyclops book

http://rdauterman.deviantart.com/art...F5231568&qo=12

Very nice graphic, airdreams! It reminds me that enough time has passed that there are new actors and actresses who could play the roles (for instance, I had Elisha Cuthbert as Husk, but I wouldn't pick her now):

In fact, the Husk in that graphic is the only one I wouldn't agree with... instead, I'd pick Dakota Fanning:

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    sketch of Chamber & Husk by Russell Dauterman, artist of the upcoming Cyclops book

http://rdauterman.deviantart.com/art...F5231568&qo=12
    Thanks for posting! Russell Dauterman is a huge Generation X fan, so it would be cool if he got to draw them in his new book.
    Prεtty Pεnny

^ I would love this guy to do a Gen X mini!

other artists Id love to see on a Gen X mini(aside the obvious, Bachalo & Dodsons):

Molina(forgot his 1st name, I just know I love his Chamber!)
    Clay Mann
    Skottie Young

Yessss Generation X was a great run. I really liked that most of the team were minorities. I honestly thought x-men were beginning to reflect the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ^ I would love this guy to do a Gen X mini!

other artists Id love to see on a Gen X mini(aside the obvious, Bachalo & Dodsons):

Molina(forgot his 1st name, I just know I love his Chamber!)
    Jorge Molina and yeah, it was pretty good, especially in Legion's "X-Men: Legacy" book.

OMG if Gen X ever got a mini or another ongoing it would definitely have to be Bachalo! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Yessss Generation X was a great run. I really liked that most of the team were minorities. I honestly thought x-men were beginning to reflect the rest of the world.
    Yeah, that was a great book for reflecting ethnic and cultural diversity in America/The World... Don't know if there's been an x-team so diverse before or since.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 05-07-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Bachalo's Mondo depiction in Generation NeXt is one of those comic visuals that has "stayed" with me all of my comic-reading life. Fantastic wee series. Vincente was awesome too

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Bachalo's Mondo depiction in Generation NeXt is one of those comic visuals that has "stayed" with me all of my comic-reading life. Fantastic wee series. Vincente was awesome too

Prεtty Pεnny