Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    she has already died and come back during dark reign when moonstone overloaded her and she exploded.
    Wrong question. The question isn't HAS she died or WHEN DID she die. The question is SHOULD she die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Wrong question. The question isn't HAS she died or WHEN DID she die. The question is SHOULD she die.
    want it get repetitive?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    want it get repetitive?
    No, just thought I'd mention it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This is the perfect response. She's getting a big push and a big movie, no reason to stop the momentum now.

And Captain Marvel isn't a token as there are SEVERAL female led titles.

Why don't people understand the meaning of tokenism??
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-19-2017 at 01:41 PM.

this is a poorly veiled hate thread. If you don't like Carol, don't read her book. Sounding off the klaxon that she should die is just spiteful and a waste of time.

one of the dumbest things they could do, at this juncture, would be to kill Carol Danvers. they've invested too much money and energy into making her the lead female.

She's not going anywhere, especially after being announced for Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 and with her movie coming in 2019. That said, my biggest fault with her book, and her as a character, is how they have everyone love her and tell her how much of an amazing hero she is, without her doing much. That's my fear of what Mighty Captain Marvel would end up becoming, especially with her turn in CWII. But we'll just see what happens.

Should Carol Danvers DIET? Most defiantly! :-p

Two things:

1) Really? Really??

2)US Avengers #2. 'Nuff Said.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Should Carol Danvers DIET? Most defiantly! :-p
    I'm sure she starts her day off every morning with a bowl of Cap'n Marvel-o's!!

I absolutely hope we see cheesy merchandice in her comic, gotta pay those alpha flight bills after all!

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well that can't be right.

If a character dies, falls into a coma, disappears etc, they get replaced by the opposite gender.

That's how it works, isn't it?
    haha! good one, i hated when steve rogers wasn't replaced by sam wilson but by a woman. ditto with falcon. and nova. and spider-man. and ms marvel. and iron man. and...wait a minute....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    and iron man. and...wait a minute....
    No that tracks, Marvel needed 2 characters to replace Iron Man. One for Tony, and one for his ego XD

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Was that right at the beginning, when she was being portrayed as utterly useless, and she spent a few panels experimenting with perfumes to try and render herself undetectable to dogs?

Re Carol Danvers, if people are upset with her over Civil War II, then, that was the aim. Indifference is much much more dangerous for a character than dislike, and Civil War II was an attempt (among other things) to ensure that readers did not view Danvers with indifference.

Didn't work in my case for example but, hell, it was worth a shot

If Carol Danvers does die, then the chances are her title would get relaunched in a month's time under the name of "The Resurrected Captain Marvel",
    Strangely enough, the calls for Sue's demise were not at the beginning. Many fans were upset when Sue left the team and walked out on her marriage with Reed Richards at the end of FF #130. They got even more upset when it looked like she was going to hook up with the Sub-Mariner in FF #147. Hence, I refer to the fan page in issue #152, wherein Kristi Cutler wrote a long letter and called for Sue to be killed off. It seems to me that there was a big Sue controversy years later, somewhere around issue #316 or so, and a few fans echoed the same request at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Let's face it: Marvel has been trying to push Carol Danvers almost as much as they're pushing the Inhumans. They have been doing relaunch after relaunch of the Captain Marvel title (even more than they have been relaunching the rest of the books, which is a joke by itself but anyway), yet it has consistently been one of their worst selling books. For example, in November issue 10 sold under the 20.000 copies which used to be cancelation line.

Danvers has been used as the Marvel token female hero for quite some time now, but it's simply not working. The ways they have been trying to push her - mostly by telling us how great she is without actually showing it - have been made even worse by turning her into Captain Facism. Maybe it's time Marvel learned that token characters don't really work (hi Midnighter!) and that they really suck at pushing characters (hi Inhumans!) and actually gave Danvers a rest. Kill her for a few years and then maybe bring her back as a member of the Avengers, to see if she actually becomes popular enough to carry a solo book.
    I think what slipped passed our radar was the fact that Carol eliminated Tony Stark. Big event. Removing a prime mover, an entrepreneur, figuratively, as she did Tony, puts her in rarefied air. There's no killing that. We are all going to have to get used to this for a while.

No she shouldn't. But the push to make her happen should probably stop. I use to like Carol like 3 years ago, but in that short time man have I grown to despise her.