Page 618 of 827 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The DEO had a stockpile of Kryptonite on Earth-38. I know that they were supposed to have gotten rid of it, but I can see that Oliver after first meeting Supergirl arranged for some of that K to fall off the back of a truck and make its way to Earth-1. He's Batman.
    Which would be pretty impressive given Oliver hadn't even met Supergirl by the time they had gotten rid of all their Kryptonite .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Didn't Thawn say that he'd met Supergirl's cousin in his past, and that Clark wasn't fast enough, or words to that effect?
    Yep.

Though if Thawne working with Earth-X is any indication, then he's probably been dimension-hopping as much as he's time-travelled.

He seemed to recognize Zolomon/Jay's helmet when it landed at STAR Labs in the season 1 finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which would be pretty impressive given Oliver hadn't even met Supergirl by the time they had gotten rid of all their Kryptonite .
    Or have even known that those strange green, glowing, radioactive rocks had any useful purpose assuming Oliver did happen upon a chunk of kryptonite.
    Why make an arrowhead out of it when kryptonite is apparently harmless to humans unless they have been exposed to it for years. (Lex Luthor getting
    cancer from it.) I doubt Kara was going to tell him it could kill her.

Retired

So it fell off a truck when the DEO "had gotten rid of all their Kryptonite" (how do you get rid of Kryptonite?) and there's some black market in the stuff, which Queen took advantage of. Even though the multiverse is new to the Flash team, it seems to be quite well known by Gypsy and her folks, so I'm guessing there's an inter (dimensional) gang of crooks.

Or Meldini made a batch of synthetic Kryptonite for Happy King and he sold some of his stash to Ollie Queen.

I don't think there's any Kryptonians on Earth-1 in the Arrowverse. But there's Thanagar and Dominators, so it's possible that Krypton is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So it fell off a truck when the DEO "had gotten rid of all their Kryptonite" (how do you get rid of Kryptonite?) and there's some black market in the stuff, which Queen took advantage of. Even though the multiverse is new to the Flash team, it seems to be quite well known by Gypsy and her folks, so I'm guessing there's an inter (dimensional) gang of crooks.

Or Meldini made a batch of synthetic Kryptonite for Happy King and he sold some of his stash to Ollie Queen.

I don't think there's any Kryptonians on Earth-1 in the Arrowverse. But there's Thanagar and Dominators, so it's possible that Krypton is out there.
    Still begs the question of how Oliver would know kryptonite would serve any useful purpose. Who would have told him it could hurt a Kryptonian? Otherwise why use if for an arrowhead?

I can only assume that, after Kara was mind-controlled by the Dominators, Oliver asked her (if not directly) about any weaknesses she had in case something like that happened again and Kara mentioned Kryptonite.

But the bigger question is still how he got a hold of it in the first place.

I can only assume that, after Kara was mind-controlled by the Dominators, Oliver asked her (if not directly) about any weaknesses she had in case something like that happened again and Kara mentioned Kryptonite.

But the bigger question is still how he got a hold of it in the first place.
    If we are going with that we could pretend that Kara used her portal hopping device to bring Oliver a chunk of it (in a lead box). If Kara is going to tell Oliver about a weakness she has there isn't much point in Oliver
    knowing that if he doesn't have access to kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If we are going with that we could pretend that Kara used her portal hopping device to bring Oliver a chunk of it (in a lead box). If Kara is going to tell Oliver about a weakness she has there isn't much point in Oliver
    knowing that if he doesn't have access to kryptonite.
    She seemed surprised that he had a Kryptonite arrow so I doubt she gave any to him.

Probably did some of his own investigating, like talking to Cisco and what not.

Plus, there is supposed to be a Krypton for their Universe. Whether its still out there or not, is unknown. Much like how there doesn't seem to be people like Ollie and Barry on Kara's Earth. Yet, on Earth X, they share the same Earth.

I expect to see possibly a Powergirl version of Supergirl on Earth 1 at some point. Creating an interesting situation for Kara(s).

Retired

Tomar-Re was successful.

She seemed surprised that he had a Kryptonite arrow so I doubt she gave any to him.
    Then that probably also means Kara didn't tell Oliver about kryptonite. If Kara knew Oliver knew about kryptonite then Kara shouldn't be surprised Oliver had found a way to acquire a kryptonite arrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Then that probably also means Kara didn't tell Oliver about kryptonite. If Kara knew Oliver knew about kryptonite then Kara shouldn't be surprised Oliver had found a way to acquire a kryptonite arrow.
    Well, I know that kryptonite affects Kara, but I have no idea how to acquire any. So if she comes here will she assume the fact people know about kryptonite means we can just pull some out of nowhere?

No Superman or Supergirl means there is no way to identify existing kryptonite from other space material even if it exists, let alone make some from scratch. I can see Kara being surprised to encounter it on Earth-1 at all since she and Kal aren't even fictional characters here for someone to imagine the concept of green-K. I'd have expected Ollie's attempts to result in either a general meta-poison (oops it affects Firestorm and Barry just like it does Kara) or a red-K type thing where it has unexpected effects on Kara (power overload, personality changes, a giant ant head)

This show has been a lot of things, good and bad, but it has never been depressing until now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Poor Ralph.

Ultimate Member

Can we please find a new pattern for a season beyond 'Failure, failure, failure then edge out a win'?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can we please find a new pattern for a season beyond 'Failure, failure, failure then edge out a win'?
    As long as they stick to the season-long Big Bad formula, we're stuck with it. However much it worked for season 1, it has been a noose around every season since.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.