Page 43 of 661 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Before you get going, you notice that Asha'rah has stolen the urn away from the mage.
    With the barrier gone from around the urn, and freed from her confinement; Ishtar makes ready to destroy the Talisman.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Tch." She was fortunate that the scouter didn't explode, as they tended to do when presented with a power far, far beyond their ability to measure. It was a fatal flaw that the engineers on Vocado had been working diligently to overcome. The one Sarada had been wearing as the newest model, able to measure powers well into the hundreds of thousands -- even though no Saiyan (or being that she had ever encountered) had a power level that high. For this Kami person to short it out with a simple power spike…

It was equal parts awesome and irritating.

Actually, it was more irritating. She didn't know how to fix it.

Bitch.

What she said next did little to palliate her sour mood. She knew was a Saiyan -- it was rather obvious -- but more importantly, she knew that she ran away from home to avoid enslavement. "How did you know that?!" she screeched, jerking herself into an upright position.

How? How could she have possibly known?! Did she read her mind? Was she stalking her? She supposed she would have to, if she knew what it was that Sarada desired.

"I didn't run away," she insisted. Rather than say more, she fell silent, tightening her arms over her chest and looking away.

I didn't run away. I'm not a coward. I'm not! I just… don't want to live as a slave. If she knows about the Meat Market, then she knows what was waiting for me.

"Fine. Whatever," she spoke. "Just so we're clear, I don't give two shits about what happens to this planet or anyone here. I just want to get stronger so I can go home."
    "Indeed. Mutual benefits all around, then. I think you'll find your time here very.....productive...towards your desires, Sarada. Earth is home to more varied techniques then any other inhabited world. Humans may not be as strong as other races, but they come up with the most interesting and powerful techniques."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Why not? Those were the words he most feared coming from her. Those weren't the words of a wise god. No, not at all. That was the exact same sentiment he'd have if he was in her position. Caught off guard by that, he let out a surprised half-laugh, unsure of what to really say. He looked left and right, as if unsure if he was being pranked. It took a bit for him to calm down and actually figure out how to respond to her declaration.

"Hope we can get along, then. Four groups of high potential people working together to save the world. What could go wrong, right?"

He had his doubts, but she had been around for a couple of centuries. Kami had to know what she was doing. Still, a question bubbled its way up to the surface.

"300 years ago... What did you wish for? And why?"
    She hesitates before answering.

"The previous Kami was....not a kind person. Fate had led him down a path that twisted what the position was to be, and through that much cruelty and evil came forth. I and a few others fought back, and when all was said and done, I remained and he did not. I used my wishes to attain his rank, and to be able to change Fate."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Focus, you idiot!

Were it not counterproductive at the moment, Kai might have added to the new wounds his lack of focus just earned him.

Against an enemy of unknown or superior strength, never split your focus unless it's absolutely necessary. That just leads to bad times for everyone involved.

As Kai takes note of the current state of the battlefield, he recalls words spoken to him from a very distant time, by one ages removed from the plane of life he still walked.

"Sorry. Even now, I can't help but disappoint you."

But perhaps, I can at least not disappoint them...

"Osuwari."

Without diversion or distraction, Kai put all of his attention- all of his power- into achieving one goal: keeping the man they now faced down- restrained or at least restricted by his telekinesis enough that someone more offensively capable could have the time to finish this.
    The man is held down tight by Kai's TK, no longer able to move or even channel a blast.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    Much like distracted mage, Ajna was too busy to notice the talisment and cask being swept away, too caught up in the moment as he fell those last few precious feet.

When the debris hit the ground less than an arm span from the mage, Ajna was a heartbeat behind it. Feet slapping the floor, he rolled off the momentum of the jump, and was within range of the distracted wizard faster than even he had expected. In the middle of the roll, Ajna launched himself at the mage, unleashing the Snapper, one of Genbudo's earliest techniques and one that even now came naturally to him.

Ki strengthening his arms Ajna threw the two hit combo from 45 degrees to the right of the mage and within his arm's reach, which would make it much more difficult for a martial artist to block or evade. In his mind a large turtle head with golden eyes replaced his arms as the two blows flew out in such quick succession as to have happened at once, its jaws snapping closed on the mage's head.
    The blows land without any dodging or evasion from the mage, distracted as he was by Kabuto. The blows land and send the mage flying into the wall, where he collapses in a heap, unconscious.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack looked at this Kami figure. She had offered everyone several people in their group their hearts desire. In my experience someone offering everything usually ends up giving you nothing. Still, if she was some kind of conwoman, she would be the most amazing con in the world to set all this up. And to save the world...if that part was true, Jack honestly couldn't blame this Kami if she was being a bit to quick to make promises.

I know one thing, I don't want her revealing my past, at least, not here.

"I'm pretty sure you can't grant what I seek, m'am," Jack said, "But I think, maybe by helping you safeguard the future, I'll be able to make some sort of progress. So I guess that means I'm in."
    "Perhaps. The dragonballs could, but we can speak on that in a moment. A pleasure to welcome you aboard, Jack."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    With the barrier gone from around the urn, and freed from her confinement; Ishtar makes ready to destroy the Talisman.
    The mage is unconscious now, and you are free to do as you wish to the urn and the talisman.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was like throwing an object and knowing it would miss its target; you weren't entirely sure where in the chain of motions you had messed up, only that you had screwed up. Despite the explosive results, Charco shook his head, "Still no good, eh?" Unfortunately, he didn't have the luxury of Tyranno-sensei being around to tell him what vague issue had caused his failure this time.

If there was a silver lining to this, it was seeing the effects the blast had delivered and the knowledge that his plan had been a success. Cracking a smile at the sight of the panicked wizard, he huffed out a chuckle, "Serves you right, ya prick." Leaning back, he plopped onto his rear, taking advantage of the chaos and confusion to catch a breather. Not only had he not mastered the technique in its entirety, but it still knocked out a good portion of his energy reserves.

For now, he'd leave things to the others, if only for a little bit.
    The fight ends in front of him as Anja knocks the mage senseless.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"What a wimp." He said, climbing to his feet as the one named Ajna knocked the wizard unconscious. "I guess magic is no match against a good old punch to the face." Charco wasn't exactly sure what Ajna did, but he liked to imagine the other just socked the guy in the face.

"...so, what's the deal with that urn?"

"What a wimp." He said, climbing to his feet as the one named Ajna knocked the wizard unconscious. "I guess magic is no match against a good old punch to the face." Charco wasn't exactly sure what Ajna did, but he liked to imagine the other just socked the guy in the face.

"Either a phylactery, or a sealing vessel." Ishtar commented, halting her attempt to destroy the thing after realizing Anja had cold-cocked the mage. "Question now is what we do with the wizard."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Either a phylactery, or a sealing vessel." Ishtar commented, halting her attempt to destroy the thing after realizing Anja had cold-cocked the mage. "Question now is what we do with the wizard."
    "A phylack...tery?" The word was extremely clumsy in his mouth, which made it all the better she offered the alternate terms, "...so...he was locked up in there...doesn't surprise me he escaped, the thing looks pretty beat up. Couldn't even hold water from the looks of it."

Inverse Regenesised

The blows land without any dodging or evasion from the mage, distracted as he was by Kabuto. The blows land and send the mage flying into the wall, where he collapses in a heap, unconscious.

Ajna had already moved, pivoting in an effort to dodge an attack that never came. He was left standing there, staring at the unconscious body of the mage.I.. we[/I] did it?[/I] As it caught up with him what had happened, his body almost sagged to the floor in relief. Instead, he merely let the ki he had gathered flow away and his hands fall to his waist. The danger had passed, it seemed. He thought he would feel happy, but all he felt was stunned.

Turning he went to take a step. . .

blackness

. . he caught himself just as his feet almost fell out from underneath him.

Stupid! Breath you idiot! Infuriated with himself to have made such a mistake, Ajna turned and stomped over to wear the others had gathered. He tried to keep his anger at himself off his face; people already thought he was a grumpy guy as it was. Wasn't his fault he had an angry looking face.

Forcing himself to put aside his self directed frustrations for the moment, Ajna arrived at the huddle near the talismen. Looking closer at it, Ajna attempted to divine its purpose He had some background in these things from his studies at the Palace, but hadn't completed his training there.

OOC: Cleric? Can I get an identification check, yo
    Last edited by IGee; 01-13-2018 at 04:25 PM. Reason: changed "origin" to "purpose", also clarity

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Indeed. Mutual benefits all around, then. I think you'll find your time here very.....productive...towards your desires, Sarada. Earth is home to more varied techniques then any other inhabited world. Humans may not be as strong as other races, but they come up with the most interesting and powerful techniques."
    Mutual benefits. She would help resolve whatever issue these weaklings couldn't solve themselves, and she would grow stronger during her time on Earth. While she was not looking forward to having to spend any prolonged period of time on this planet, she was willing to do anything she needed to to get stronger.

"I see."

"Perhaps. The dragonballs could, but we can speak on that in a moment. A pleasure to welcome you aboard, Jack."
    "The dragon's what?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    Ajna had already moved, pivoting in an effort to dodge an attack that never came. He was left standing there, staring at the unconscious body of the mage.I.. we[/I] did it?[/I] As it caught up with him what had happened, his body almost sagged to the floor in relief. Instead, he merely let the ki he had gathered flow away and his hands fall to his waist. The danger had passed, it seemed. He thought he would feel happy, but all he felt was stunned.

Turning he went to take a step. . .

blackness

. . he caught himself just as his feet almost fell out from underneath him.

Stupid! Breath you idiot! Infuriated with himself to have made such a mistake, Ajna turned and stomped over to wear the others had gathered. He tried to keep his anger at himself off his face; people already thought he was a grumpy guy as it was. Wasn't his fault he had an angry looking face.

Forcing himself to put aside his self directed frustrations for the moment, Ajna arrived at the huddle near the talismen. Looking closer at it, Ajna attempted to divine its purpose He had some background in these things from his studies at the Palace, but hadn't completed his training there.

OOC: Cleric? Can I get an identification check, yo

It is old. Very, very old. However, after a few moments, Anja sees that the talisman was a sealing ofuda meant to keep the mage in the urn. It was partially broken, this freeing the mage somewhat.The more he drained from the city, the more the tamisman was fading.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The man is paralyzed by the lightning, now made vulnerable for the others to hit him.
    Without a word, Midori and Shiro charged in, pulling their left and right hand back respectively, charging all of their strength into their arm. As they got in close, they stopped and swung their fists in sync directly into the man's face with a dual cry of "BAIONIKKU SUMASSHU!"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis