Page 78 of 104 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1559
    Extraordinary Member

They never really shied away from Pete's and MJ's sex life...

And let us never forget Peter likes a little bondage play...

You know with all these panels you guys keep showing I’m really surprised that Mj wasn’t pregnant earlier guess Peter is responsible in one aspect
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure these guys hold the record for highest nsfw-suggesting panels.Can't keep their hands of each other.Spider-sense + Peter's self control is the only reason they don't have multiple kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They never really shied away from Pete's and MJ's sex life...

And let us never forget Peter likes a little bondage play...

Great scans! But don't forget the Valentine's Day Special! (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-10-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

BANNED

The JMS/JRJR run went a step further in showing them in actual sex scenes, naked under the covers and everything. None of the off-panel implications before.

But yeah Peter and Mary Jane have definitely been more openly sexual as a couple than most any major superhero romance. Clark/Lois historically were hands'off owing to the Woman of Kleenex thing (yes they did it in Superman II but Superman had to lose his powers). Reed/Sue obviously have the kids but they were generally bland and inoffensive, sitcom parents at most.

Whereas Peter/MJ were the fun married couple and obviously deeply into each other.

The MCU made Peter x MJ so chaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The JMS/JRJR run went a step further in showing them in actual sex scenes, naked under the covers and everything. None of the off-panel implications before.

But yeah Peter and Mary Jane have definitely been more openly sexual as a couple than most any major superhero romance. Clark/Lois historically were hands'off owing to the Woman of Kleenex thing (yes they did it in Superman II but Superman had to lose his powers). Reed/Sue obviously have the kids but they were generally bland and inoffensive, sitcom parents at most.

Whereas Peter/MJ were the fun married couple and obviously deeply into each other.
    Not really, we had scenes of Clark and Lois getting intimate during their marriage, like in Identity Crisis when we see the two in bed naked, granted we didn't saw that a lot and is it was mostly implied, but writers never cared much for that biological differences beetween the two in Superman titles, it's usually the parodies or deconstrucions that deal with it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The MCU made Peter x MJ so chaste.
    They are going more for the "Dorks in Love" route with those two.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great scans! But don't forget the Valentine's Day Special! (LOL):

The Valentine Special has a pretty meh story, but the Peter/MJ scenes are sweet.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    They are going more for the "Dorks in Love" route with those two.
    That doesn't mean they have to be so chaste. It's an MCU wide problem that the romances often feel so sexless.

BANNED

Not really, we had scenes of Clark and Lois getting intimate during their marriage...
    About ten years or after Peter/MJ got married and were getting busy. Not saying it doesn't count but it doesn't take away that Spider-Man and MJ were the fun married couple at the outset.

The truth is that Superman/Lois in the Post-Crisis era mostly just followed in the footsteps of Spider-Man. So Lois learns Superman's identity and becomes his confidant, that happened in the February 1991 issue "Secrets in the Night" (written by Roger Stern as it happens) but MJ had been in that role for a near decade by that point. The marriage likewise came after Spider-Man/MJ did it first. And, I don't have evidence for this, but did you ever find it odd that Post-Crisis Lois initially had dark brown/reddish hair? I am just saying it seems like the Superman writers decided to takes notes from Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That doesn't mean they have to be so chaste. It's an MCU wide problem that the romances often feel so sexless.
    I think that's partially because of Disney. Well, that and they're teenagers in high school dating for the first time.

I'm not sure if we'll ever get into college with Holland but I'd imagine that would change things up.
    About ten years or after Peter/MJ got married and were getting busy. Not saying it doesn't count but it doesn't take away that Spider-Man and MJ were the fun married couple at the outset.

The truth is that Superman/Lois in the Post-Crisis era mostly just followed in the footsteps of Spider-Man. So Lois learns Superman's identity and becomes his confidant, that happened in the February 1991 issue "Secrets in the Night" (written by Roger Stern as it happens) but MJ had been in that role for a near decade by that point. The marriage likewise came after Spider-Man/MJ did it first. And, I don't have evidence for this, but did you ever find it odd that Post-Crisis Lois initially had dark brown/reddish hair? I am just saying it seems like the Superman writers decided to takes notes from Spider-Man.
    I think it was more coincidental and a byproduct of Post-Crisis giving them the benefit of doing a proper Lois and Clark romance arc. I think the marriage was also partially effected/motivated by the Lois and Clark show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's partially because of Disney. Well, that and they're teenagers in high school dating for the first time.

I'm not sure if we'll ever get into college with Holland but I'd imagine that would change things up.
    It's a problem that exists throughout much of the MCU. The romances are often very chaste. I don't think movies with Holland's Spider-Man set in College are going to change that.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-10-2021 at 11:38 AM.

The Valentine Special has a pretty meh story, but the Peter/MJ scenes are sweet.
    I know, right?! Loved it when MJ couldn't contain herself when Pete described himself as one of the "cool guys". (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-10-2021 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

I find it funny that Roger Stern was all for Clark and Lois and even was involved in marrying them but was totally against Peter with MJ. Feel their marriage or relationship is a mistake.(well Stern if you think so badly of that, maybe you should have not have brought her back during your 80s run and started the groundwork for her backstory of her sister and nephews lol)