Page 137 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    his work in Legends aside, Ive been a fan of Victor Garber for a while now - from Godspell to Alias, all the films he did

its been a while since a television show has moved me to near tears, and to see how it affected EVERYONE in the show, he will be missed by everyone
    Even Legally Blonde?

legally-blonde-8.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Even Legally Blonde?

legally-blonde-8.jpg
    Yup, I actually like that movie - there are some really funny moments that people dont pay attention to

her "admission video" is hilarious, the Bend And Snap, and Victor Garber is the one that says "well, we're trying to think outside the box here so why not?"

First thing I remember ever seeing Victor Garber in was an Episode of Law and Order he played a banker or something who killed a undercover cop who he knew was a cop and he was trying to avoid the Death Penalty which had just been reinstated in New York.

Ultimate Member

He also voiced Sinestro in Green Lantern: First Flight as well. And Master Thundering Rhino in Kung Fu Panda 2.

Retired

Well, I saw and heard Victor Garber before I knew he was Victor Garber. And he's always appeared on Canadian TV shows that Americans will never have heard of--things like JACK: A FLASH FANTASY, E.N.G., REPUBLIC OF DOYLE and MOTIVE.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    First thing I remember ever seeing Victor Garber in was an Episode of Law and Order he played a banker or something who killed a undercover cop who he knew was a cop and he was trying to avoid the Death Penalty which had just been reinstated in New York.
    I first saw him in the movie Godspell back in the early '80s, but you wouldn't have recognized him at all (which I didn't until decades later). First time I recall the face and the name was on an episode of Tales from the Darkside with Jessica Harper from the mid-'80s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I remember him as Sinestro in Green Lantern: First Flight .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, I saw and heard Victor Garber before I knew he was Victor Garber. And he's always appeared on Canadian TV shows that Americans will never have heard of--things like JACK: A FLASH FANTASY, E.N.G., REPUBLIC OF DOYLE and MOTIVE.
    I have seen quite a few episodes of Republic of Doyle. It airs on AMG in the states.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The first thing I saw him in was Sleepless In Seattle but I loved him on Alias
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who'd have thought we'd have gone from Oliver Queen on a one-man crusade against some guys on a list in 2012 to an army of Superheroes fighting Nazi's from another Earth in 2017?

They could've even beaten the movies to a Justice League if they'd wanted to. Just have somebody bring up the idea of a team after the end of a crossover and someone suggest it have "Justice' in it's name like Smallville Ollie did.
    Certainly not me. In fact, when so many people thought Nolan's Batman should be the start of a string of DC movies with him in the Justice League, I thought it wouldn't work given the realism. But Arrow started out very much like Nolan's Batman and here we are.

They could've beaten the movies. I can understand why they didn't revisit the proto-Hall of Justice from Invasion in this crossover, but I wonder if we'll ever see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm still dealing with the trauma of Martin Stein's death. I didn't know it was going to hit me this hard. I'm going through the five stages of grief and I'm betwixt bargaining and acceptance.
    Judging by the last two pages of this thread, so is everyone else. It's almost as if the actor himself has died. I think I'm still on "Denial". As in, they'll find some way to find an anachronism or an aberration or some kind of anomaly to bring him back. Or a Martin Stein from another Earth who lost his Clarissa and is reunited with Earth One Clarissa. And considering Victor Garber has been making small appearances on The Orville, maybe we'll see him again?

I remember him as Sinestro in Green Lantern: First Flight .
    That's when I learned his name. I think when that came out, I was like "Oh, right, the guy from Titanic".

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Judging by the last two pages of this thread, so is everyone else. It's almost as if the actor himself has died. I think I'm still on "Denial". As in, they'll find some way to find an anachronism or an aberration or some kind of anomaly to bring him back. Or a Martin Stein from another Earth who lost his Clarissa and is reunited with Earth One Clarissa. And considering Victor Garber has been making small appearances on The Orville, maybe we'll see him again?
    Hey, if we can get Snart back again, I would never rule out a return for the Professor .

Hey, if we can get Snart back again, I would never rule out a return for the Professor .
    I think its only temporary, as the actor himself has said that he wasn't doing it for long.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/wentwort...ld-1202202813/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think its only temporary, as the actor himself has said that he wasn't doing it for long.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/wentwort...ld-1202202813/
    Maybe there is some trickery afoot. Wentworth Miller said he would no longer be playing Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. He never said anything about not playing Leo Snart/Citizen Cold.

BANNED

when the announcement came down that Garber was leaving, it seemed pretty final

he's going to take over a Broadway show and wants to be closer to home

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if Wentworth Miller's was a purposeful swerve/play on words or not. I can see it go either way, but given Snart's been gone so long it seems at least somewhat unlikely so far for his doppelganger to be replacing him. But hey. Legends does some pretty kooky stuff. Will be fun seeing how Leo hits it off with the team though. He and Ray as the two most virtuous on the team will probably be good buds I take it.

Victor Garber's definitely seemed final though and clearly so. But hey, we'll see I suppose.

Even if it's for the short haul or similar seeing what Jax does in the mean time will be illuminating.